Canada Kicks Ass
Why am I seeing Election Results already

1  2  3  4  5  Next

Alta_redneck @ Mon Oct 19, 2015 4:16 pm

so I'm sitting down getting ready for the Jay's game and I start channel surfing and here's CBC with Election Results from the Maritimes, what up with that ?

Public_Domain @ Mon Oct 19, 2015 4:26 pm

They aren't called yet, the polls there are starting to close down.

Liberals will probably lead quite early because of the Maritimes...

ShepherdsDog @ Mon Oct 19, 2015 4:30 pm

No more blackouts and the polls have closed in Newfy John.

Hyack @ Mon Oct 19, 2015 4:33 pm

Alta_redneck Alta_redneck:
so I'm sitting down getting ready for the Jay's game and I start channel surfing and here's CBC with Election Results from the Maritimes, what up with that ?

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
$1:
There will no longer be a ban on the premature release of election results, under reforms announced this morning in Ottawa by Canada's minister of democratic reform.

The lifting of the blackout on reporting election results until all polls close across the country post them ends a longstanding practice that has been challenged in recent years by the rise of social media and the internet.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/electio ... -1.2521981

$1:
Elections Canada found the ban impossible to enforce because of social media and the internet. They gave up "monitoring premature release of data."[5] The plan is not just supported by the Conservatives, "Repealing the ban is consistent with recommendations by the Chief Electoral Officer, who highlighted the difficulties associated with enforcing the ban in his report following the 41st general election."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Section_3 ... ctions_Act

martin14 @ Mon Oct 19, 2015 4:33 pm

Polls just closed in the Maritimes now.

May God have mercy on our souls, our wallets, and the Canadian dollar.

Alta_redneck @ Mon Oct 19, 2015 4:54 pm

Looks like I may not have to go out to vote then, but if it gets close it only takes me 10 minutes to do it.

Canadian_Mind @ Mon Oct 19, 2015 5:12 pm

premature release of a liberal lead will scare many on the fence types into voting for conservatives out west.

andyt @ Mon Oct 19, 2015 5:16 pm

Alta_redneck Alta_redneck:
Looks like I may not have to go out to vote then, but if it gets close it only takes me 10 minutes to do it.

Probably the cons will win most of Alberta without your vote. But, the Libs are riding a huge wave in Atlantic Canada, that has the less cautious predicting a Lib majority. As a commentator said, they've already won almost as many seats in Atlantic Canada as they had total for the whole country last time.

Better go and vote.

Thanos @ Mon Oct 19, 2015 5:17 pm

I still don't care. Help me!

martin14 @ Mon Oct 19, 2015 5:20 pm

Canadian_Mind Canadian_Mind:
premature release of a liberal lead will scare many on the fence types into voting for conservatives out west.

One can only hope. :lol:

Because the East has gone stupidly red atm.

Canadian_Mind @ Mon Oct 19, 2015 5:24 pm

I saw that. 10 minutes ago it was looking like a mixed bag, so it must be fairly close in some ridings.

I still want a conservative minority with Liberal opposition. I suppose vice-versa would be okay as well, but Trudeau is a man I have no faith in.

fifeboy @ Mon Oct 19, 2015 5:26 pm

martin14 martin14:

One can only hope. :lol:

Because the East has gone stupidly red atm.

Well, I guess we're lucky your here to tell 'em!

martin14 @ Mon Oct 19, 2015 5:37 pm

6 of 7 Newfie, all 4 PEI and almost all NS ridings have declared winners, all Libs.

andyt @ Mon Oct 19, 2015 5:42 pm

And many ridings with huge margins, defeating incumbents.

Public_Domain @ Mon Oct 19, 2015 5:52 pm

interesting and possible. quite a bit of blue signs out here. not many signs at all around my general area, seems to have a high occurrence of vandalism. but the signs i have seen have been mostly blue.

my mother just went out to most likely vote liberal. same with my grandma.

1  2  3  4  5  Next