Canada Kicks Ass
Bacon

Previous  1  2  3  Next

BeaverFever @ Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:32 pm

This bacon smells a little like spam...is this the work of the Canadian Pork Council?

Unsound @ Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:45 pm

BeaverFever BeaverFever:
This bacon smells a little like spam...is this the work of the Canadian Pork Council?

Don't care. Still a worthwhile topic :)

Zipperfish @ Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:26 pm

I could watch that video all day.

Lemmy @ Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:50 pm

Jonny_C @ Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:32 pm

421_434_226 421_434_226:
Bacon wrapped turkey, best of both worlds at Thanksgiving.

Where's me knoife n' fork? [drool]

Dontkillbill @ Sat Apr 06, 2013 6:59 am

Next video will how to cure your own spicy bacon. I can't do the epic meal time thing because Jack tasts like piss but I will have a sip of crown while I'm smoke'n the pig

stratos @ Sat Apr 06, 2013 7:43 am

Denny's Bacon menu is back [drool]

James22 @ Thu Sep 19, 2013 12:57 am

And who like to eat more bacon with different things. I think these photos are enough to get water in your mouth..

fifeboy @ Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:25 am

Someone, I think it was Dr. C. , talked about curing and smoking their own. So I tried it! Simple salt, sugar and pepper cure and smoked over alder. I still have some left, it's mine, and I don't like sharing it. [drool]

Wolf1412 @ Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:31 am

You either like bacon or your WRONG

DrCaleb @ Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:39 am

fifeboy fifeboy:
Someone, I think it was Dr. C. , talked about curing and smoking their own. So I tried it! Simple salt, sugar and pepper cure and smoked over alder. I still have some left, it's mine, and I don't like sharing it. [drool]

Yup. Every Sunday breakfast is roasted bacon on poached egg whites with Bernaise sauce. Sometime also with fresh gravlox. (Coho Salmon, salt, sugar, {60%/40% by weight) and dill - put in plastic in the fridge with a weight on top, turn every day for 4 days then cold smoke. Keep the liquid that the salmon leaks in contact with the salmon!)

Things to try in your cure; garlic, juniper berries, hot (dried or fresh) chiles, bay leaves. Not all at once, the Juniper gives a deep rasberry sort of finish, the garlic and chili give a very savoury finish that enhances the 'fattiness' of the bacon. Chipolte really enhances the smokiness (Make your own chipolte!! None better!) Bay leaf gives a sort of 'green pea pod' note to it.

Roasting on a rack in the oven at 300F for about an hour makes bacon both crispy and chewy. And never burnt. [drool]

Jabberwalker @ Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:59 am

Francis Bacon up on corruption charges (no, he's NOT a member of our Senate):

fifeboy @ Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:42 am

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
fifeboy fifeboy:

Yup. Every Sunday breakfast is roasted bacon on poached egg whites with Bernaise sauce. Sometime also with fresh gravlox. (Coho Salmon, salt, sugar, {60%/40% by weight) and dill - put in plastic in the fridge with a weight on top, turn every day for 4 days then cold smoke. Keep the liquid that the salmon leaks in contact with the salmon!)

Things to try in your cure; garlic, juniper berries, hot (dried or fresh) chiles, bay leaves. Not all at once, the Juniper gives a deep rasberry sort of finish, the garlic and chili give a very savoury finish that enhances the 'fattiness' of the bacon. Chipolte really enhances the smokiness (Make your own chipolte!! None better!) Bay leaf gives a sort of 'green pea pod' note to it.

Roasting on a rack in the oven at 300F for about an hour makes bacon both crispy and chewy. And never burnt. [drool]

You Sir, are an inspiration [B-o]

DrCaleb @ Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:58 am

fifeboy fifeboy:
DrCaleb DrCaleb:

You Sir, are an inspiration [B-o]

Appreciated! I just remembered too - when you roast bacon; take the drippings, put them on a plate with a couple tablespoons of molasses in the middle and use fresh bread to soak it up and promptly eat. Or use it to fry green tomatoes. [drool] [drool] Bad for the heart, good for the soul.

bootlegga @ Thu Sep 19, 2013 1:26 pm

James22 James22:
And who like to eat more bacon with different things. I think these photos are enough to get water in your mouth..

Ahh, one of the most under-rated (and unknown) parts of Japanese cuisine - Yakitori! [drool]

You haven't lived until you've had real Yakitori IMHO...

Previous  1  2  3  Next