Canada Kicks Ass
Beneficial to Drink Drinks containing Oxygen and alkalined b

otobuilder @ Fri May 11, 2007 2:01 am

has anyone consumed Oxygen drinks which are alkalined based for more than a year? Noticed any effects or benefits?

Some say is all in the mind. How to prove it?

Please click on O2 Berry Drink to find out more about this product

otobuilder @ Fri May 11, 2007 7:20 am

gosh, seems like no one has tried before. I will try it on myself then.

Blue_Nose @ Tue May 29, 2007 7:35 am

Maybe nobody replied because you're just plugging your own product in a underhanded manner.

Regina @ Tue May 29, 2007 8:07 am

...........that and it's a pile of crap. The stomach absorbs food not oxygen, that job belongs to the lungs and the respiratory system.

Banff @ Tue May 29, 2007 8:21 am

I dunno maybe there is alot that I don't understand but minerals dehydrate ....berries are very high in amino acids , and the only real way to hydrate the body is through oils . Maybe I'm wrong maybe I'm just stupid but the claim doesn't add up to me and yeah its an obvious promo post . blah ba hum bug PDT_Armataz_01_33

Regina @ Tue May 29, 2007 8:31 am

There's usually minerals in all water. They promote an Oxygen drink so unless you can process the oxygen though your stomach, you're drinking bottled water.

Blue_Nose @ Tue May 29, 2007 11:36 am

I think oxygen drink is a misnomer... from the website, it appears to be a collection of minerals that dissolve in your water.

I'd be skeptical of anything that claims that it "may help the body to" do anything. At the bottom of the page, it states, "These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA."

Also, this website (written by a retired Dept of Chemistry faculty member of Simon Fraser University in Vancouver) makes no bones about the fact that ionized/alkaline drinks have no real health benefits:

$1:
You won't find anything about the benefits of alkaline water in any standard textbook on nutritional biochemistry, and anyone with training in physiology or biochemistry would consider the claims in favor of it ludicrous, but the alkaline/ionized water quacksters and scammers have woven a nexus of scientific-sounding nonsense and outright lies in order to convince a gullible and scientifically-naïve public that drinking partially electrolyzed water (produced by their over-priced "machines") is the key to health.

The site is an interesting read - I suggest it especially to "otobuilder".

otobuilder @ Tue May 29, 2007 9:55 pm

thank you so much for the enlightenment, blue nose and all.
That website is very informative. Although the credibility is unknown but it does make sense.

But i guess there is no harm for me to finish the remainder sachets i have.

Regina @ Tue May 29, 2007 10:47 pm

otobuilder otobuilder:
thank you so much for the enlightenment, blue nose and all.
That website is very informative. Although the credibility is unknown but it does make sense.

But i guess there is no harm for me to finish the remainder sachets i have.
How does it make sense??

otobuilder @ Tue May 29, 2007 11:58 pm

what i meant was there is no clear evidence or logic that consuming alkalined or ionized water is beneficial. the article blue nose located for me makes sense.