DrCaleb DrCaleb:
Crown Royal? Really?

Looks like I got some shopping to do!

I accept Christmas presents, you know. :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

:lol: :lol:

ShepherdsDog @ Fri Nov 20, 2015 2:20 pm

Oh....you say that to all the boys. :twisted:

Robair @ Fri Nov 20, 2015 3:02 pm

I prefer Gibson's finest over crown royal any day.

2Cdo @ Fri Nov 20, 2015 3:23 pm

Robair Robair:
I prefer Gibson's finest over crown royal any day.

[B-o]

Forty Creek is also much better than regular Crown.

ShepherdsDog @ Fri Nov 20, 2015 3:46 pm

Just had a couple fingers of Jamesons, as the throat was feeling scratchy and phlegmy

raydan @ Fri Nov 20, 2015 3:48 pm

ShepherdsDog ShepherdsDog:
Just had a couple fingers of Jamesons, as the throat was feeling scratchy and phlegmy

Not sure why, but that sounds kinda dirty. 8O

martin14 @ Fri Nov 20, 2015 3:52 pm

Oh....you say that to all the boys. :twisted:

I'll bet I say that to all the girls too;

I'm not proud, I'm desperate ! :lol: :lol:

ShepherdsDog @ Fri Nov 20, 2015 4:01 pm

Well from a bacterial perspective.....possibly. Likely pretty clean now though. I'm staring at the bottle and contemplating one more. I have a couple bottles of '95 Remy Martin(a gift for the birth of our first son) somewhere but the old lady has it packed away somewhere. :| Today was that kind of day.

Jabberwalker @ Fri Nov 20, 2015 4:30 pm

Nice whiskey.

It's a lot nicer whiskey than the fuel additive mentioned in the thread title.

Canadian_Mind @ Fri Nov 20, 2015 5:37 pm

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
2Cdo 2Cdo:
DrCaleb DrCaleb:

Canada Dry. And only CD. Anything else is against nature. :lol:

ANY pop is wrong when it comes to good whiskey. :evil:

I agree - with a good whiskey. But Crown Royal or Canadian Club? Nah! I like a good rye and ginger, and they are good for mixing. Or, even a 'Rattlesnake'. 8)

But I wouldn't mix good whisky with anything, even ice!

I learned to mix CC with Dr. Pepper a couple years ago. For some reason DP is too sweet with any other whisky, but with Cc it's almost an ideal mix. Anything else gets mixed with CD.

herbie @ Fri Nov 20, 2015 9:55 pm

Used to bring Crown Royal when I went down south and mix it with Crown Royal Cola...

Lemmy @ Fri Nov 20, 2015 11:28 pm

Rye whisky is evil. Nothing but a bottle of big-mouth. It's my experience that the fat-lips, black-eyes, broken fingers and nights in the klink all went away when the whisk went away.

Winnipegger @ Sat Nov 21, 2015 4:09 am

Went to the liquor store. Read the news story, so had to find a bottle and read the story on the label. We all have known for years that Crown Royal is the best rye whisky, but lately they've come out with flavours: Crown Royal Apple, Crown Royal Maple, Crown Royal Black, Crown Royal XO, Crown Royal XR Rare Blue. The first two just sound like bastardization, the last two a way to charge more money. I don't know what "black" is. But the new one is "Northern Harvest Rye", and that won the recognition. Regular Crown Royal is a blend, but this one is 90% Rye, with hints of "fruit, cloves and spice". And 45% alcohol, instead of 40%. A touch more expensive.

When I read it, the person behind me was looking around. I pointed out this is the one they're talking about. It was the last bottle on the shelf. He asked if I was going to buy it; I said I just read the label. He said he called around to find a liquor store that had it. When I went to the check-out, an employee told me other stores in the area are sold out. Apparently the bottle that was in my hand was the last one in Winnipeg.

Winnipegger @ Sat Nov 21, 2015 4:16 am

The Whisky Bible, the original review that sparked everything:
http://whiskybible.com/whiskybibleawards2016/

Jabberwalker @ Sat Nov 21, 2015 5:12 am

I learned to mix CC with Dr. Pepper a couple years ago.

I would say that this is reason enough to reinstate the death sentence.

Previous  1  2  3  Next