Canada Kicks Ass
Christmas buzz

Previous  1  2

wildrosegirl @ Sat Dec 06, 2008 1:55 am

Yogi Yogi:
Just a few miles out of town. Mile 306 & Walsh Rd. I had an acreage there. 2700 ft frontage on the Ak Hiway. Had the economy been more stable, I would still be there. My own little piece of heaven!

Yeah, no kidding. You don't have to travel very far up that road to find paradise. I absolutely LOVED Muncho Lake. Oh my lord that's a beautiful area.

Yogi @ Sat Dec 06, 2008 2:02 am

Did you get to spend any time out at Liard Hotsprings? I went up there and camped every chance I got. Have lots of pics and really good memories.

wildrosegirl @ Sat Dec 06, 2008 2:04 am

Yogi Yogi:
Did you get to spend any time out at Liard Hotsprings? I went up there and camped every chance I got. Have lots of pics and really good memories.

Nope :( It was a work trip, so it was 1600kms there, worked for 6 days, and 1600kms back.. Didn't get to stop except for over night at Muncho on the way up and Ft. Nelson on the way back. And the turn out at the top of the hill at Teslin Lake (Oh my freaking lord...what a gorgeous view THAT is! :D )

On my bucket list, however, is a 3 week road trip WITH SEVERAL STOPS!!!! :lol:

One day.

Yogi @ Sat Dec 06, 2008 2:11 am

I took the family on a 6 week road trip to Alaska a few years back. Drove when I felt like it. Stopped and camped whereever. No watches. No schedule. Panned for gold in the Yukon in Bonanza Creek, (got a tiny little nugget). Top of The World Highway, Crossed the Yukon on a ferry. Just so much to do, and so little time! I think I may be heading up that way again before too long!

wildrosegirl @ Sat Dec 06, 2008 2:12 am

Take your camera, my friend.

I'll be wanting pics! :lol:

Yogi @ Sat Dec 06, 2008 2:26 am

Camera, puter and fishing rod! :lol:

G'nite 'S' almost 2:30. Gotta really try to get some work done in the morning. Have a good night.

Previous  1  2