Canada Kicks Ass
Maple Walnut ice cream

1  2  Next

Jonny_C @ Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:35 pm

Is maple walnut a Canadian flavour or is it common in other places?

ShepherdsDog @ Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:46 pm

[drool] I had it in Stockholm. One of my favourite flavours. Butter pecan is quite similar.

Gunnair @ Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:40 pm

Jonny_C Jonny_C:

I hope not. It's more for us then.

Jughead @ Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:21 pm

Jonny_C Jonny_C:

Perry's Ice Cream has the Maple Walnut flavor. I believe you can get Perry's ice cream in parts of New York, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Ohio and Connecticut.

Lemmy @ Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:34 pm

You haven't lived until you've tried Kawartha Dairy Maple Walnut ice cream. And their Bordeaux Cherry is even better. [drool] The kids like Moose Tracks. It's yummy too.

ShepherdsDog @ Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:39 pm

Some of the best ice cream I've had comes from Hokkaido. it is seriously hi test.

Jonny_C @ Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:11 pm

When my wife and I were in Rome, we tried gelato a couple of times. I've heard people rave about it but I like our type of ice cream better.

ShepherdsDog @ Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:27 pm

Isn't what we think of as ice cream, more of a frozen custard? I prefer it to other people's interpretation of ice cream. I really like sorbet(sherbet) and ice cream mixes for the strong fruit flavours and a nice vanilla cream...... especially a raspberry sorbet(followed closely by orange, mango, lime and grape.) with vanilla ice cream

Zipperfish @ Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:30 pm

Had chocolate bacon gelato recently. Yum.

ShepherdsDog @ Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:40 pm

I've had the misfortune of getting durian ice cream and red bean ice cream PDT_Armataz_01_32

bootlegga @ Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:16 am

ShepherdsDog ShepherdsDog:
Some of the best ice cream I've had comes from Hokkaido. it is seriously hi test.

The best ice cream were the ice cream bars they sold stores - ChocoBari

http://www.flickr.com/photos/39448415@N04/4079284007/

and those amazing waffle bars;

I never cared much for Japanese soft serve because it was almost always weird flavours like sweet potato, green tea or Red Bean. PDT_Armataz_01_32

Jonny_C @ Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:38 am

Mmmm. That waffle bar looks great!

Funny ice cream story. Remember those paper-wrapped ice cream cylinders you used to be able to buy? (Maybe not... they're really old.) You'd unwrap the cylinder and fit it on top of a cone.

After having not seen them for many years, we came across them a few years ago at a little roadside "artisanat" on the Quebec north shore. We bought a couple and asked for the cones to put them on. They didn't have any. They said you're supposed to unwrap them a bit and eat them with your hands. They never heard of putting them on cones!

jambo101 @ Sat Jul 19, 2014 3:08 am

Your local grocery store probably has maple Walnut ice cream if they sell Nestle products.
http://products.nestle.ca/en/brands/ice-cream/parlour/parlour-maple-walnut.aspx

wildrosegirl @ Sat Jul 19, 2014 7:26 am

Why must all noobs necro?

housewife @ Sat Jul 19, 2014 10:11 am

Lemmy Lemmy:
You haven't lived until you've tried Kawartha Dairy Maple Walnut ice cream. And their Bordeaux Cherry is even better. [drool] The kids like Moose Tracks. It's yummy too.

oh yea second that vote!! I love thier Bordeaux Cherry [drool]

Now all I can think is Road Trip!!! :lol:

1  2  Next