Canada Kicks Ass
Zevia soda

ShepherdsDog @ Sun Jul 01, 2012 4:36 am

They were having an exhibit of American products down at the Dream Mall today and I noticed some Zevia Soda. It's a soda sweetened with stevia and erythritol rather than aspartame, splenda or sacchrine. I grabbed a six pack, a bit pricey at a buck a can, of cream soda. Yes it had a great flavour, but holy cow was it ever sweet. has anyone else tried this, or is it a product only available in the US? They say it contains zero calories, but the can also says it has 7g of carbs per can.....carbs have calories.

OnTheIce @ Sun Jul 01, 2012 6:01 am

ShepherdsDog ShepherdsDog:
They were having an exhibit of American products down at the Dream Mall today and I noticed some Zevia Soda. It's a soda sweetened with stevia and erythritol rather than aspartame, splenda or sacchrine. I grabbed a six pack, a bit pricey at a buck a can, of cream soda. Yes it had a great flavour, but holy cow was it ever sweet. has anyone else tried this, or is it a product only available in the US? They say it contains zero calories, but the can also says it has 7g of carbs per can.....carbs have calories.

It's available in Toronto as I've bought it a couple times. It's good, I just can't justify the cost.

sandorski @ Sun Jul 01, 2012 8:57 am

Tried the Root Beer by accident. Was very disappointed.