Canada Kicks Ass
CFL - 2017 Season!

Previous  1 ... 3  4  5  6  7

Freakinoldguy @ Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:25 pm

Mowich Mowich:
30 -7

WE CAME WE SAW WE CONQUERED

THE MIGHTY STAMPS.... IN THEIR OWN BACKYARD. HOW SWEET IT IS.

Saskatchewan dominated all areas of play tonight. Prior to the game much was made by the Stamps about Chris Jones decision to put Duron Carter in as a cornerback for the Rider D. Bo Levi Mitchell thought it a wise move to get into the mix tweeting Duron that he better prepared to have 25 plays coming his way. Duron made several good defensive plays especially the tackle he made on Jerome Messam but his best play of the night will live in highlight reels and will be talked about across the league this week. Duron intercepted Bo and after weaving his way back and forth across the field evading defender after defender until he found an opening and after deaking past a couple of more Stamps took the ball 73 yards (in actuality he ran 83 yards in total) for a Rider TD. It was .....magnificent and the look on Bo's face....priceless.

With the win we made the play-offs!!!

Screw Bovine Levi Mitchell and the Horse he rode in on. Now, maybe the self proclaimed voice of the Stumps will finally STFU especially since he's been embarrassed by the only genuine two way player in the CFL.

This should also go along way in shutting up all those other pundits who thought Jones was pulling a publicity stunt for putting Carter in at DB weeks ago because, as it turns out Carter is probably as good going backwards as he is going forward. ROTFL

Playoffs aside, we're about a year ahead of schedule with the rebuild and from now on it's only gonna get better especially since Jones has pretty much proclaimed Bridge as the successor to Glenn. Now that we've shown we can beat the best all we really need is a little consistency and we could actually make a run for the Cup.

Mowich @ Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:43 am

Freakinoldguy Freakinoldguy:
Mowich Mowich:
30 -7

WE CAME WE SAW WE CONQUERED

THE MIGHTY STAMPS.... IN THEIR OWN BACKYARD. HOW SWEET IT IS.

Saskatchewan dominated all areas of play tonight. Prior to the game much was made by the Stamps about Chris Jones decision to put Duron Carter in as a cornerback for the Rider D. Bo Levi Mitchell thought it a wise move to get into the mix tweeting Duron that he better prepared to have 25 plays coming his way. Duron made several good defensive plays especially the tackle he made on Jerome Messam but his best play of the night will live in highlight reels and will be talked about across the league this week. Duron intercepted Bo and after weaving his way back and forth across the field evading defender after defender until he found an opening and after deaking past a couple of more Stamps took the ball 73 yards (in actuality he ran 83 yards in total) for a Rider TD. It was .....magnificent and the look on Bo's face....priceless.

With the win we made the play-offs!!!

Screw Bovine Levi Mitchell and the Horse he rode in on. Now, maybe the self proclaimed voice of the Stumps will finally STFU especially since he's been embarrassed by the only genuine two way player in the CFL.

This should also go along way in shutting up all those other pundits who thought Jones was pulling a publicity stunt for putting Carter in at DB weeks ago because, as it turns out Carter is probably as good going backwards as he is going forward. ROTFL

Playoffs aside, we're about a year ahead of schedule with the rebuild and from now on it's only gonna get better especially since Jones has pretty much proclaimed Bridge as the successor to Glenn. Now that we've shown we can beat the best all we really need is a little consistency and we could actually make a run for the Cup.

DMojVIvVQAA1W4x.jpg
DMojVIvVQAA1W4x.jpg [ 122.62 KiB | Viewed 198 times ]

I'll give Bo credit for this, freakin' - "They outplayed us,” a classy Mitchell tweeted after Friday’s game. “Respect to (Carter) for the pick-six. Time to right the ship.” Bo was the only person on the team, including the coach, who spoke up and gave credit where it was due. Good on Bo.

I think it is time to start talking about Jones as Coach of the Year - and there is no way that I ever thought I'd be saying that way back in June or July.

Hyack @ Sat Oct 28, 2017 4:44 pm

The Lions defeat the Bombers 36-27 to end a 5 game losing streak....with a record of 7-10-0 and only one game left to play, against Toronto next Saturday, they still have no chance of making the playoffs...... :cry:

Mowich @ Sat Nov 11, 2017 3:42 pm

Well Freakin' this is it...our most important game of the year thus far. Win and we're in.......lose and wait another year.

I have to say our Riders have improved vastly over the season and I do credit Coach Jones for his ability to manage the players and instill a winning attitude in our guys. We've got a really solid contender for the Cup now........let's hope they play like the winners we know they can be and drive the RBs into the ground.

Eastern Semi-final tomorrow on TSN 1, 2 and 4. Pre-game show starts at 9:30 PST. Game at 10:00.

saskatchewan-roughriders-fans.jpg
saskatchewan-roughriders-fans.jpg [ 53.43 KiB | Viewed 277 times ]

GO RIDERS GO!

Hyack @ Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:09 pm

The Western Semi-Final on Sunday has the Winnipeg Blue Bombers hosting the Edmonton Eskimos at 1:30pm PST. Televised on TSN, HD, 3, 4 and 5, pregame at 1:00pm PST.

GO BOMBERS!!

Mowich @ Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:17 pm

31 - 20

RIDERS RULE THE DAY

Argos here we come. KG player of the game - arguably his best of the season. We rocked on all fronts. Well earned win for my guys. I am over the moon. We are in the Eastern final............whoda thunk eh, Freakin'......but here we are.

Thank you Coach Jones and crew. Thank you every single Rider player. Thankyou Rider Nation. You all played your parts perfectly and got us to this point. Two more to go...just two more games.

Mowich @ Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:17 pm

Eskimos vs Bombers up next. GO ESKIMOS, GO

Thanos @ Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:43 pm

Greatest TD celebration in the history of football, courtesy of.........the Redblacks?!?!?!?!? 8O :lol:

Mowich @ Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:56 am

Thanos Thanos:
Greatest TD celebration in the history of football, courtesy of.........the Redblacks?!?!?!?!? 8O :lol:

It was pretty darn cool, Thanos........too bad it was all in a losing effort.

Mowich @ Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:32 am

The Toronto Argonauts handed us our last loss of the season in the Eastern Final yesterday. In the final minutes of the 4th and after the Riders had battled back to take the lead after a less than stellar 3/4 Q's of football, the Rider D was unable to stop the Argos in a drive that led to a TD with the clock counting down. Credit to the Argos for the win.

Still, it was a much better year for my Riders and I believe that with the addition of a new QB - Kevin is so gone - we will be back as Cup contenders next year.

Thanks to Coach Jones, his staff and all the players for improving our fortunes this year.

Hyack @ Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:12 pm

The Riders damn near had it with that great 4th quarter, just couldn't keep the Argos off the scoreboard long enough. Argos vs Stampeders should be an interesting game.

Previous  1 ... 3  4  5  6  7