Canada Kicks Ass
Ice cap melting induced planet rotation

1  2  3  Next

Dr Caleb @ Tue Feb 01, 2005 11:46 am

You can't read too well, can you?<br />

Guest @ Tue Feb 01, 2005 2:00 pm

can you?<br /> <br /> Any worldly event that involves the movement of mass affects the Earth's rotation, from seasonal weather down to driving a car," Chao said in a statement. <br /> <br /> what are you a doctor in again?<br /> <br /> Dennis Baker

Dr Caleb @ Tue Feb 01, 2005 2:48 pm

If you read the article, it said that the circumference of the earth has changed it's day by less than 1 thousandth of a second due to the effects of the earthquake that caused the tsunami. Much like an ice dancer pulling in their arms while twirling.<br /> <br /> It had nothing to do with the polar ice caps.<br />

Guest @ Tue Feb 01, 2005 5:15 pm

guess thats why there is a 60 kilometre ice berg off antartica!<br /> <br /> BTW I never said that the tidal wave or the shift were as a result of the Polar Ice Caps Melting.<br /> <br /> What I said was this<br /> <br /> WHEN the polar Ice Caps melt , the redistribution of mass will induce a shift in the planets rotation.<br /> The redistribution of mass is what happens when the Sea Level rises.<br /> <br /> Dennis Baker<br />

Dr Caleb @ Wed Feb 02, 2005 8:19 am

The topic of this thread is: "Ice cap melting induced planet rotation". Induced. Past tense. Your article was about an earthquake changing the length of the day.<br /> <br /> Many things make for changes in the planets rotation. The planet changes the length of the day almost hourly. Comets, metors, the moon, tidal shifts, earthquakes all change the length of each day by millionths of a second. The December 26th earthquake means we'll have to add a leap second to the clocks every 1000 years.<br /> <br /> That floating ice shelf was floating long before December 26th. <br /> <br /> Nothing to see here . . .move along . . . move along. . . <br />

Guest @ Wed Feb 02, 2005 12:28 pm

Your opinion is just that your opinion, and aint work shit to me dude.<br /> <br /> read my submission to the Atomic Energy Control Board, specifically the section on Scientists supporting that issue.<br /> <br /> How many issues have you been wrong on ?<br /> Did you ever disputed the effects of smoking?<br /> Did you ever disputed the effects of DDT?<br /> did you ever support the use of thlamidamide?<br /> <br /> the fact is you have never been held accountable for your errors.<br /> How do we hold you accountable for your statements, should I be right?<br /> Last weekend I watched CPAC Dec 9 2004 RE: Round table on the Evironment...Where it came out that every projection made has turned out to be inacurate.<br /> <br /> So we let others decide for themselves if there is anything to see here.<br /> <br /> Dennis,<br /> Thank you for your wonderful suggestion for a science demonstration, to<br /> explore how the melting of the polar ice caps might effect the rotation of<br /> the earth.<br /> We'll definitely discuss this at the various museums where we develop<br /> hands-on science demonstrations related to global climate change.<br /> Exciting, real world demonstrations, based on sound science, are just what<br /> we like to bring to the public. It's great to communicate with you, as a<br /> fellow explorer of ways we can bring science alive for kids, teens and<br /> everyone.<br /> Let us know if you are interested in working further on such projects. <br /> Are you a teacher yourself, or have you worked with your local<br /> museums/science centers?<br /> Yours,<br /> James Callahan<br /> [email protected]<br /> <br />

Dr Caleb @ Wed Feb 02, 2005 12:47 pm

[QUOTE BY= dbaker] Your opinion is just that your opinion, and aint work shit to me dude.<br /> [/QUOTE]<br /> <br /> My opinion is based on research. Here are but a few links for your enjoyment.<br /> <br /> <a href='http://geology.about.com/library/weekly/aa090797.htm'>Link</a><br><br /> <br /> <a href='http://www.dnr.state.mo.us/energy/cc/cc7.htm'>Link</a><br><br /> <a href='http://unisci.com/stories/20022/0606022.htm'>Link</a><br><br /> <a href='http://www.iupui.edu/~geogdept/g305/causesofclimatechange.htm'>Link</a><br><br /> <a href='http://www.geo.arizona.edu/palynology/geos462/21climastro.html'>Link</a><br><br /> <br /> If you don't care about my opinion, then why do you keep posting on this topic, since I'm the only one who replies?<br />

Guest @ Thu Feb 03, 2005 9:19 am

yada , yada ,yada<br /> <br /> No one else is foolish enough to dispute, what is common sence, and Good Science.<br /> <br /> I will check out your links though thankyou as one can never know enough.<br /> <br /> Dennis Baker

Dr Caleb @ Thu Feb 03, 2005 9:36 am

[QUOTE BY= dbaker] <br /> No one else is foolish enough to dispute, what is common sence, and Good Science.<br /> [/QUOTE]<br /> <br /> "Good Science" involves seeing something happening, postulating a theory that fits the facts, and finding evidence to support or disprove that theory. Disproving a theory means that a new theory is formulated to fit the new facts.<br /> <br /> That's the problem with predicting the future and trying to come up with a theory - no data upon which to build a theory.<br />

Guest @ Thu Feb 03, 2005 2:02 pm

When i propossed the Portable Wheat Starch System, Dean & Company informed me that it would not work as it took to long to reload the hopper, up to 8 hours.<br /> <br /> I knew at the time reloading took max 1 hour.<br /> <br /> But in my opinion they were participating in the theft and suppression , and assisted in the Vac Trucks.<br /> But I look forward to the Forensic Audit to clear the air on that one.<br /> <br /> Whats you financial attachment, you must be participating in the theft of one(or more) of my inventions?<br /> <br /> Dude its Going to Roll, face reality and let thoughs of use whom wish to prevent it, get at it.<br /> <br /> Dennis Baker<br /> <br /> P.S. Obstructionist tactics are common in the technic of preventing further investigation untill the Status Quo can make some lame claim to ownership.<br /> (is this you)?<br /> <br />

Dr Caleb @ Thu Feb 03, 2005 2:48 pm

Dude, you need medication. <br /> <br /> We start having a discussion about your theories that the melting icecaps will cause rotational torque in the gyroscopic action of the earth's rotation, and then every once in a while you burst out that I'm stealing something to do with honeywagons and starch?<br /> <br /> WTF does one have to do with another? WTF *IS* the other? My Financial attachment to what? What are you talking about? How am I being obstructionist?<br /> <br /> Dude, I highly reccommend Prozac. It has some nasty side effects, but the world becomes less 'fuzzy' and hostile.<br />

Crankster @ Sat Feb 05, 2005 10:34 pm

Maybe lay off the 'shrooms to man. As if there ain't enough crap in the world,we have to listen to doomsayers spouting the truth of this old planet.<br /> Its not that we have anything to do with it.The planet is aging or cooling as it were.<br /> Take a rubber ball and heat it from the inside out using a barbecue prod. Spin it fast and watch what happens as it cools.The plates that formed due to heating slip and slide.They also collapse.So in a few million years or maybe tomorrow,the earth will colapse in on itself as the center cools and shrinks.Happy now!?

Guest @ Mon Feb 07, 2005 7:17 pm

No follow the conversation<br /> 1)You disregard the facts and science related to the planets rotation.<br /> <br /> 2)I look to my experiances to understand your position,where you might be coming from!<br /> <br /> To be so wrong and so adamant can in my mind only come from economic benefit!<br /> Dnnis Baker<br /> <br />

Guest @ Wed Feb 09, 2005 5:01 pm

six million square miles of ice has no mass?<br /> <br /> She's going to roll.<br /> <br /> http://www.usatoday.com/weather/tg/wseaice/wseaice.htm

Crankster @ Thu Feb 10, 2005 12:12 am

What the hell does economic benefit have to do in this conversation?!<br /> Do a study on plate tectonics.Its not what on top,but,whats underneath that we need to worry about. The earths core is cooling.As it cools it shrinks the plates of the earth are colliding.Some will lift,others will drop. Because of this deformaty,the earths rotation has been compromised.It has slowed,allowing for greater penitration of the suns rays.Thus the polar ice caps heat up and melt.<br /> yes,pollution plays a part.We are,however,fed a load of bullshit designed to get us to by higher priced gadgets and such promising energy efficiency and enviromental benefits. I asked you then: If the world is that screwed up from man's misuse,why is the means to solve it expensive to the point that governments have a hard time implmenting them and those things open to consumers to find fuel efficency and less environmental impact cost so damn much!!!???<br /> Can you say corporate marketing tool!!!!!!!

1  2  3  Next