Canada Kicks Ass
My Conspiracy Theory on Global Warming.

4Canada @ Sat Oct 21, 2006 3:29 pm

"The United States argues that all waters between two open seas should be open to all shipping."<br /> <br /> One has to ask "Would that be their attitude if they actually had waters between two open seas?" <br /> <br /> If one want to get really sticky one could argue we built the waterway (like the Panama Canal) with our tar sands contribution to global warming. I think we need to start building a massive toll gate, that is something the USAmericans could understand.<br /> <br />

Wraun @ Mon Oct 23, 2006 4:15 pm

[QUOTE BY= 4Canada]I think we need to start building a massive toll gate, that is something the USAmericans could understand.[/QUOTE]<br /> <br /> I hope you weren't joking! I think that we should and I've been saying that for about 2 years now. You are absolutely right that the American would understand it.<br /> We've all heard that sovereignty, in international law, is something that if you don't excersize it, you can lose it. There are many ways, to excersize our sovereignty in the north but a toll gate is certainly one that will force anyone wishing to use the NWP to concede to our right of rule. Given the size of mega projects that have been undertaken and completed around the world lately, I think it's possible, just not probable.<br /> We may still have enough time to do it before ships can be sent freely, without Canadian permission through and you know who would be the first to do that!