Canada Kicks Ass
Telus fraud

Brent Swain @ Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:11 pm

When I tried to make an 800 call fom a Heriot Bay payphone on Quadra Island, BC I was told that the call required a deposit. Just out of curiosity I called the operator and was again told the call required a deposit. So I tried 911 and was again told the call required a deposit.
If some one is dying and in desperate need of emergency assistance and doesn't have a quarter, he is out of luck , telus profitablility takes priority over saving lives . Telus has been well paid to provide these services , and adding a deposit not only is a threat to lives, but is common fraud.
When I asked a mountie to try it and see if she could get thru to 911 she said "I don't want to make work for myself."
Excuse me, but I thought public safety was a part of her job description, and failing to do what you are paid for is a form of fraud, in itself. If she finds that doing what we are paying her for is too much to ask, then perhaps she should look for another job. We are not paying them to simply eat donuts on our behalf.
She was blond.