Canada Kicks Ass
A few facts about prescription drug..

Previous  1  2  3  4

GunRunner @ Sat Nov 12, 2005 7:12 pm

PluggyRug PluggyRug:
Think I will go out and eat some dirt.

We grow much of our own veggies. We pick apples pears and plums from an old orchard near the lake, blanch, freeze and store

No chemicals on those tree's.

Good for you.... You have the right idea!!!

Cheers

DerbyX @ Sat Nov 12, 2005 7:15 pm

GunRunner GunRunner:
$1:
Of course life expectancies were in to 30's not 50's. The fact is that many drugs are completely beneficial. Take Asthma. Flowvent (or Salbutamol) saves their lives. When there airways constrict this drug works almost instantly to reverse it. Without this drug they would eventually have an episode where their airway constricts to much and it kills them. Antibiotics save lives. Synthetic insulin saves lives. I'm sorry Gunrunner, but the opinion that all drugs are bad (m'Kay) is just not true.

Check out how much asthma has increase in the gereral population just in the last couple of years...

http://www.cdc.gov/od/oc/media/pressrel/r980424.htm

And you haven't read all my posts. I said some drugs are good for the short term.... but I will never need any.... and like you, I have cancer in my body right now, but, I will never die from it.... can you say the same?

Can I say the same about what? Do I have cancer or that I will never die from it. Could you define short term for me. In asthma, patients take a steroid/bronchial dilator combination. The steroid is designed to be effective for the life of the patient. Resistences are not built up against it. The dilator is designed as an rescue medicine. This is the definition of a long term drug. There is no known cure for asthma. As for cancer, it depends on what type. A leukemia is an overproduction of WBC's hat is defeated by destroying the bone marrow and then "reinitializing" it. You will not survive long without doing this. Drugs require intelligent & vigilant usage and they will work to improve our lives. Its only the unrestrained usage that causes the problems you allude to. Arthritis is another example. Outside medication is needed.

PluggyRug @ Sat Nov 12, 2005 7:21 pm

I'm forgetting my manners....

DerbyX.... Thanks for the information.

DerbyX @ Sat Nov 12, 2005 7:24 pm

No Prob mate!

GunRunner @ Sun Nov 13, 2005 5:07 am

$1:
Can I say the same about what? Do I have cancer or that I will never die from it. Could you define short term for me. In asthma, patients take a steroid/bronchial dilator combination. The steroid is designed to be effective for the life of the patient. Resistences are not built up against it. The dilator is designed as an rescue medicine. This is the definition of a long term drug. There is no known cure for asthma. As for cancer, it depends on what type. A leukemia is an overproduction of WBC's hat is defeated by destroying the bone marrow and then "reinitializing" it. You will not survive long without doing this. Drugs require intelligent & vigilant usage and they will work to improve our lives. Its only the unrestrained usage that causes the problems you allude to. Arthritis is another example. Outside medication is needed.

All Cancers start at the cell level, no matter what kind. And if you have health cells, you have healthy tissue, if you have healthy tissue, then you have healthy organs, if you have healthy organs, they you have heathy systems..... thus no health problems! With the food I eat and the supplement that I take (because you "have" to take supplement these days) the Arthritis in my knees is gone!!!! not better, gone!!! But like you say the doctors says there's no cure. I have a friend who's son had childhood arthritis at the age of 12 and could hardly walk up the stairs. He as taking severl drugs, and not getting any better. After 8 months with proper diet and supplements, his athritis was gone and he was totally drug free. The only sign he ever had it was a bent finger. And guest what, they discovered that his asthma was gone as well....

Your body, and it's immune system, if broght back to a healty state, can correct "any" health problem you have... and yes, that includes cancer, as I know of cases where it's been done....

RUEZ @ Sun Nov 13, 2005 5:53 am

GunRunner GunRunner:
Your body, and it's immune system, if broght back to a healty state, can correct "any" health problem you have... and yes, that includes cancer, as I know of cases where it's been done....
How long have you gone to Med school? You know more than any doctor I've ever seen. Cudo's :lol:

GunRunner @ Sun Nov 13, 2005 6:49 am

RUEZ RUEZ:
GunRunner GunRunner:
How long have you gone to Med school? You know more than any doctor I've ever seen. Cudo's :lol:

Well, beleive it or not, doctors are now being taught what I'm talking about, but they won't treat anyone for another couple of years, as they are still in training. Look up Glycobioigy, that's what I'm talking about here...

GunRunner @ Sun Nov 13, 2005 7:03 am

The way I look at is, illness is like crime, it will never go away, but it can be controlled... the more time and effort you put into building (keeping healthy) you immune system, the less often you'll get sick. And when you do get sick, you get better that much quicker....

canucker @ Thu Nov 24, 2005 12:53 am

What about illnesses that have nothing to do with your immune system? Such as depression etc?

ShepherdsDog @ Thu Nov 24, 2005 3:03 am

It's a proven fact that clinical depression is the result of a chemical/hormonal imbalance in the brain. That is why SSRIs are usually prescribed to those who suffer from it. It's no different than suffering from hyperthyroidism, diabetes or any other physical affliction or disease. The abnormal behavior is a symptom of the disorder.

canucker @ Thu Nov 24, 2005 5:19 pm

Very true. It's not only a chemical imbalance but also can be hereditary as well. My grandfather was bi-polar, and though I don't know anyone else in my family with that disorder, there are a few who suffer from depression.

Chemist @ Sun Nov 27, 2005 3:18 pm

I hope this isn't a group of homeopathic "scientist" promoters...
Anyone in here actually have a biology degree? Physiology? Biochemistry? Microbiology? anything that would give you a little bit of insight?

Previous  1  2  3  4