Canada Kicks Ass
A young man's death gives life to others

Strutz @ Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:50 pm

I saw this on the news last night and just wanted to share this story.

Very heartwarming. Watch the video.

http://globalnews.ca/news/1075726/vancouver-island-mom-gives-a-gift-life-to-six-people-by-donating-sons-organs/

RIP Ciaran. You have given the gift of hope to a few fortunate people that now have a chance of a future ahead of them.

Canadian_Mind @ Mon Jan 13, 2014 6:54 am

Lots of hit and runs in the Comox Valley. It's surprising more people aren't seriously hurt or killed.

RIP

stratos @ Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:15 am

Sounds like both he and his mother have their hearts in the right place. (no pun intended) Organ donation is truly the gift of life. RIP

andyt @ Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:19 am

I don't have a link, but there was also a recent story about an Iranian man here on visit/student? who died - family in Iran agreed to multiple organ donation. So here were Iranian MUSLIMS giving people in NA a chance at life (in case Fiddle Dog reads this, just to counter all his Fox bullshit.)

ShepherdsDog @ Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:37 am

and just in case the bullshit hadn`t stirred on its own, you`ll be the perfect stick to get things going.

PublicAnimalNo9 @ Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:47 am

andyt andyt:
I don't have a link, but there was also a recent story about an Iranian man here on visit/student? who died - family in Iran agreed to multiple organ donation. So here were Iranian MUSLIMS giving people in NA a chance at life (in case Fiddle Dog reads this, just to counter all his Fox bullshit.)

Ermmm, did the article say they were Muslim or are you just assuming so because they're Iranian?

andyt @ Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:05 am

Assuming because they were Iranian, the article didn't specify religion as I recall. So fair point.

But, here's a link: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/01/0 ... 32547.html At the end it says they read Muslim prayers over her casket.