Canada Kicks Ass
Circumcision should be seen 'in the same light as vaccines'

Previous  1 ... 3  4  5  6  7  8  Next

saturn_656 @ Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:04 am

OnTheIce OnTheIce:
saturn_656 saturn_656:
The entire human body is a breeding ground for bacteria (so I'm not sure why anyone is hung up on just the foreskin bacteria). There are far more bacterial cells in and on us than there are human cells.

$1:
All the bacteria living inside you would fill a half-gallon jug; there are 10 times more bacterial cells in your body than human cells, according to Carolyn Bohach, a microbiologist at the University of Idaho (U.I.), along with other estimates from scientific studies. (Despite their vast numbers, bacteria don't take up that much space because bacteria are far smaller than human cells.) Although that sounds pretty gross, it's actually a very good thing.

http://www.scientificamerican.com/artic ... uman-ones/

Might be because an infected penis on a man is far more common than an infected calf. It might be because you're trapping heat and bacteria in one of the most unsanitary areas of your body.

In my experience, infected wang isn't common at all.

andyt @ Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:06 am

Brenda Brenda:
I know a whole lot of uncut men, and none of them ever had an infection...
Must be a North American thing...

Well, I've gone thru 6 decades without a dick infection.

andyt @ Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:09 am

OnTheIce OnTheIce:
andyt andyt:

You haven't read any of my posts, have you, and the role the foreskin plays? As for tits, as I said, we have formula for that, many women use it even if they have tits. So, better to lop them off - the danger of breast cancer is far higher than infections from having a foreskin, which is why you see all those breast cancer runs, but nary a one for circumcision.

Of course I did...but like most of what you say, I don't take it seriously. The role the foreskin plays is outweighed by the negatives of having it.

As for you looking to breast cancer as some sort of comparative measure is just another reason not to take you seriously. This debate always turns irrational when bullshit like that gets thrown around. Almost always, this debate is turned irrational from the anti-circumcision crowd. This debate is no different.

Just shows how silly your position is. It's very clear that that risks of not being circumcised are very small, in fact the CMA's position is that the risks of circumcision and not are about equal. So you're using a spurious argument to justify your own bias.

Angelina Jolie cut off her tits to prevent breast cancer, as have other women. Maybe there's something to the idea.

Public_Domain @ Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:22 am

OnTheIce OnTheIce:
saturn_656 saturn_656:
The entire human body is a breeding ground for bacteria (so I'm not sure why anyone is hung up on just the foreskin bacteria). There are far more bacterial cells in and on us than there are human cells.

$1:
All the bacteria living inside you would fill a half-gallon jug; there are 10 times more bacterial cells in your body than human cells, according to Carolyn Bohach, a microbiologist at the University of Idaho (U.I.), along with other estimates from scientific studies. (Despite their vast numbers, bacteria don't take up that much space because bacteria are far smaller than human cells.) Although that sounds pretty gross, it's actually a very good thing.

http://www.scientificamerican.com/artic ... uman-ones/

Might be because an infected penis on a man is far more common than an infected calf. It might be because you're trapping heat and bacteria in one of the most unsanitary areas of your body.

"Trapping"...

Does going commando then relieve many possibilities of infections? I've never had an issue.

When I think of infections, all I can really think of is my throat. 2 or 3 infections there before. Or teeth. Or eyes.

Brenda @ Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:18 am

andyt andyt:
Brenda Brenda:

You're THAT old? ;-)

Tyler_1 @ Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:44 am

I am not going to describe my wood, but it's interesting learning about your packages.
:lol:

Zipperfish @ Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:31 am

DrCaleb DrCaleb:

We haven't been wearing underwear for very long.

Speak for yourself. I've been wearing mine since Tuesday.

Jabberwalker @ Fri Apr 04, 2014 11:29 am

In my experience, infected wang isn't common at all.

You gotta keep him exercised, eh?

Delwin @ Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:20 pm

Has anyone every met a non-circumcised male who decided to get circumcised later in life ? Probably not, because they are pretty fucking rare. Even though the choice to get circumcised given all of the information available to me has been there my whole life, I would never even consider it.

The rate of uncircumcised males who get circumcised later in life is about 1%.

Risks and benefits of circumcision
Problems from the surgery are usually minor. Although serious complications are rare, they do occur. Newborn circumcision has been associated with surgical mistakes, such as having too much skin removed.

Of every 1,000 boys who are circumcised:

20 to 30 will have a surgical complication, such as too much bleeding or infection in the area.
2 to 3 will have a more serious complication that needs more treatment. Examples include having too much skin removed or more serious bleeding.
2 will be admitted to hospital for a urinary tract infection (UTI) before they are one year old.
About 10 babies may need to have the circumcision done again because of a poor result.
In rare cases, pain relief methods and medicines can cause side effects and complications. You should talk to your baby’s doctor about the possible risks.

Of every 1,000 boys who *are not* circumcised:

7 will be admitted to hospital for a UTI before they are one year old.
10 will have a circumcision later in life for medical reasons, such as a condition called phimosis. Phimosis is when the opening of the foreskin is scarred and narrow because of infections in the area that keep coming back. Older children who are circumcised may need a general anesthetic, and may have more complications than newborns.
Circumcision slightly lowers the risk of developing cancer of the penis in later life. However, this form of cancer is very rare. One of every one million men who are circumcised will develop cancer of the penis each year. By comparison, 3 of every one million men who are not circumcised will develop penile cancer each year.

http://www.caringforkids.cps.ca/handouts/circumcision

How presumptuous is it for parents to believe that if given the choice, their children would certainly choose to get cut ? And why not offer them the choice themselves when they are old enough to form an opinion ? The benefits are so freaking marginal from the time a baby is born until adolescence it is very hard to make a medical argument.

In fact, for every case of UTI that is prevented (5 in 1000) there is 2 cases of people will have to get circumcised again because of a poor result.(10 in 1000.)

How people believe that a ritual started 15000 years ago in Africa has all of this scientific merit is beyond me. How it hasn't gone away yet is far more clear, as clear as the subjugation of women, the repression of gays, and the propagation of wars. Religious Dogma doesn't die easily.

2Cdo @ Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:26 pm

Brenda Brenda:

We don't need to hear about your past "career" in the old country. :wink: :lol:

Gunnair @ Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:33 pm

saturn_656 saturn_656:
Removing healthy foreskin is like pulling teeth w/o cavities, healthy tonsils, or any other body part based on the idea that it *might* cause problems down the road.

Unnecessary surgery isn't the brightest of ideas.

Yep. Risk reward gone crazy. Pull the kid's useless appendix out while you're at it, and the tonsils too. :roll:

Gunnair @ Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:34 pm

Brenda Brenda:
andyt andyt:
Brenda Brenda:

You're THAT old? ;-)

He hasn't had his dick in sex decades.

Gunnair @ Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:35 pm

2Cdo 2Cdo:
Brenda Brenda:

[popcorn]

Curtman @ Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:38 pm

Delwin Delwin:
How presumptuous is it for parents to believe that if given the choice, their children would certainly choose to get cut ? And why not offer them the choice themselves when they are old enough to form an opinion ? The benefits are so freaking marginal from the time a baby is born until adolescence it is very hard to make a medical argument.

In fact, for every case of UTI that is prevented (5 in 1000) there is 2 cases of people will have to get circumcised again because of a poor result.(10 in 1000.)

How people believe that a ritual started 15000 years ago in Africa has all of this scientific merit is beyond me. How it hasn't gone away yet is far more clear, as clear as the subjugation of women, the repression of gays, and the propagation of wars. Religious Dogma doesn't die easily.

R=UP

Don't mutilate someone's body without their informed consent unless it's medically necessary.

You can teach proper hygiene.

2Cdo @ Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:50 pm

Gunnair Gunnair:
2Cdo 2Cdo:
Brenda Brenda:

[popcorn]

I can't wait to hear her response! 8)

Previous  1 ... 3  4  5  6  7  8  Next