Canada Kicks Ass
Omnibus COVID-19 virus discussion thread

Previous  1 ... 469  470  471  472  473  474  475 ... 533  Next

CDN_PATRIOT @ Sat Jan 08, 2022 7:33 am

Scape Scape:
Severe illness not rising at the same 'explosive rate' as COVID-19 cases, hospitalizations: Tam

$1:
“We can all help by reducing our contacts to get us through this difficult time that much faster,” Tam said.

She can say that all she likes, but people that work in essential businesses still have to go to work. People in general have to go get groceries and necessities. Some people have to go check on family members that have trouble on their own.

It's hypocritical to say 'cut contacts' since the beginning of the pandemic but let big boxes and large commercial outlets (malls) stay open. Most people really do limit their contacts (I myself only go out once a week to the grocery store), but it's too little too late.

The government and health officials did the wrong things at the wrong times, but continue to spout nonsense about limiting contact that most of us have ben doing since the start. Re-opening stadiums and arenas to capacity a while back wasn't the answer, and neither was keeping airports open to full capacity and flight levels back at the beginning wasn't the answer either.

Instead, they continue to punish small businesses that have a way better chance of controlling the number of customers and are able to clean more frequently and keep surfaces clean and disinfected.

$1:
“This might feel like a double marathon that we didn't sign up for, but despite feeling tired, we should have a sense of achievement for the ground we've covered so far.”

What achievement? The only thing that's been 'achieved' is a level of clusterfuck on such a scale never before seen. Period.

-J.

DrCaleb @ Sat Jan 08, 2022 7:41 am

Court documents show Novak Djokovic had COVID-19 last month

DrCaleb @ Sat Jan 08, 2022 7:48 am

Personal care homes in Winnipeg hit by COVID-19 outbreaks as case numbers continue to soar

DrCaleb @ Sat Jan 08, 2022 9:03 am

Quebec to require vaccine proof for cannabis and liquor shoppers

So, when Quebec announced they'd be taking away people's access to wine and weed, suddenly appointments for first vaccinations rose. Hmmmm.

raydan @ Sat Jan 08, 2022 9:49 am

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
Court documents show Novak Djokovic had COVID-19 last month

DrCaleb @ Sat Jan 08, 2022 9:56 am

Yup. Just because he had Covid, doesn't mean he can't get it again, or spread it.

Even triple dosed people who have recovered from Delta can get Omicron.

CDN_PATRIOT @ Sat Jan 08, 2022 10:08 am

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
Even triple dosed people who have recovered from Delta can get Omicron.

Basically, it's an endless cycle that takes us back to start every time.

Too bad the morons in charge won't tell us all that straight up and let us live our lives.

:idea:

-J.

DrCaleb @ Sat Jan 08, 2022 11:01 am

CDN_PATRIOT CDN_PATRIOT:
Too bad the morons in charge won't tell us all that straight up and let us live our lives.

:idea:

-J.

It's funny that you think the government is untrustworthy, but still expect them to be honest with us despite that not being their job. Dr. Tam has been talking about the endemic part of the pandemic for months, but you refuse to listen to her. You know, the person who is actually responsible for the health of the nation?

And you know how she says we get there? Everyone needs to be vaccinated. Everyone, everywhere. Until everyone is vaccinated, we will have mutations, and outbreaks.

But don't listen to her. Keep blaming the untrustworthy people you think are responsible.

$1:
COVID-19 is still expected to remain a major contributor to illness and death for years to come, much like other endemic illnesses such as malaria.

"Endemic does not mean benign," Van Kerkhove said.

Some experts say the virus will eventually behave more like measles, which still causes outbreaks in populations where vaccination coverage is low.

When will the pandemic become endemic? Disease experts eye beginning of the end

$1:
Tam notes that boosters will also wane over time, but the hope is that it recharges your immune system to further protect against severe outcomes, taking pressure off of the health-care system.

“There's a possibility that we would need some sort of vaccination on an ongoing basis, but maybe not everyone will need it. Maybe not every year. The timing of those are still unknown,” she added.

'Every pandemic comes to an end': Canada's top doctor hopeful for future

CDN_PATRIOT @ Sat Jan 08, 2022 11:36 am

Politicians work for US, and it's our duty to demand transparency and truth from them, no matter the circumstances. I've been convinced since the beginning of all this that they know a lot more than they ever let on, and it's time we demanded answers.

Also, if 'all pandemics end' and the top doctor herself says this will become 'endemic', then why not do this now? We already know we're going to have to live with it like we do other viruses, so why keep most of society hiding under rocks/beds so to speak?

I'd have a lot more respect for all involved if they just came out, admitted they fucked up hard (politicians), and admitted that we'll have to live with this (health officials) while it's being beaten back.

One of the main reason I've become distrustful with doctors of all stripes over the years in the lack of information they give at any time, the overall terrible bedside manor (not all of them, but most of them), and the fact that they have this attitude that they're better than all of us and what they say goes.

Trust is earned, not given.

-J.

(Addendum: I got the first two doses of the vaccine, and I'm not interested in having to keep taking time off work - that I CANNOT afford - to get future booster shots that may or may not be mandated at a certain point. The government doesn't fucking think when they talk like this that a lot of us ARE PAYCHEQUE TO PAYCHEQUE AND CAN'T AFFORD TO TAKE EVEN A HALF DAY OFF FROM WORK!)

DrCaleb @ Sat Jan 08, 2022 12:11 pm

CDN_PATRIOT CDN_PATRIOT:
Politicians work for US, and it's our duty to demand transparency and truth from them, no matter the circumstances. I've been convinced since the beginning of all this that they know a lot more than they ever let on, and it's time we demanded answers.

This cry has been heard since Greek times. Good luck with that.

CDN_PATRIOT CDN_PATRIOT:
Also, if 'all pandemics end' and the top doctor herself says this will become 'endemic', then why not do this now? We already know we're going to have to live with it like we do other viruses, so why keep most of society hiding under rocks/beds so to speak?

This should be on a post-it note by your monitor. People are still dying. That's why we don't do this now. The same reason we don't let people with HIV have unprotected sex, is the reason we don't let Covid burn through the unvaccinated part of the population. You know, cancer patients, children, the elderly. People who are vulnerable or can't get a vaccine yet.

We all have to reduce the spread of any virus so that the vulnerable part of the population isn't exposed to it.

CDN_PATRIOT CDN_PATRIOT:
I'd have a lot more respect for all involved if they just came out, admitted they fucked up hard (politicians), and admitted that we'll have to live with this (health officials) while it's being beaten back.

Health official have been saying this for a couple years. They should not apologize because you won't listen because they have 'Doctor' as their title.

CDN_PATRIOT CDN_PATRIOT:
One of the main reason I've become distrustful with doctors of all stripes over the years in the lack of information they give at any time, the overall terrible bedside manor (not all of them, but most of them), and the fact that they have this attitude that they're better than all of us and what they say goes.

Trust is earned, not given.

-J.

Even if they have a Doctorate of Fine Art? Or a Post Doctorate in Phys Ed?

Irrational fears are irrational. Was the lack of information is because they couldn't read your mind, or that you didn't ask questions? And as I've said before, every person is different. Just because you had a bad experience with one does not mean you will with all of them.

DrCaleb @ Sat Jan 08, 2022 12:14 pm

CDN_PATRIOT CDN_PATRIOT:
(Addendum: I got the first two doses of the vaccine, and I'm not interested in having to keep taking time off work - that I CANNOT afford - to get future booster shots that may or may not be mandated at a certain point. The government doesn't fucking think when they talk like this that a lot of us ARE PAYCHEQUE TO PAYCHEQUE AND CAN'T AFFORD TO TAKE EVEN A HALF DAY OFF FROM WORK!)

Pharmacies take appointments on weekends too. :idea: I'm getting my third shot next Sunday.

And I posted earlier, 3 shots makes a big difference with Omicron. Can you afford to take 10 - 14 days off because you got the virus?

CDN_PATRIOT @ Sat Jan 08, 2022 12:42 pm

Weekends are sought after time slots out this way, and the worst time to go. My first jab was on a weekday, and it wasn't too busy (even though it was booked in advance). The second was on a weekend, but even with advanced booking, the pharmacy was nuts and everyone was in a pissy mood. Had to fill out the same paperwork three times (which got f**ked up by staff and I had to do it again), wait an extra half hour (got my 1:10 shot at 1:40), and stand up while nursing a bad lower back that was killing me at that point.

-J.

DrCaleb @ Sat Jan 08, 2022 12:46 pm

Get a new pharmacy.

I got my flu shot inside of 3 minutes, while they were refilling a prescription, with no notice and with no one else in the store.

I booked my 3rd Covid shot online, and there were plenty of bookings for the AHS vaccination clinic. There is never a crowd, because they book appointments with not making crowds as a parameter.

DrCaleb @ Sat Jan 08, 2022 12:55 pm

Hospital staff in Windsor, Ont., find ivermectin hidden inside COVID-19 patient's stuffed animal

:roll:

CDN_PATRIOT @ Sat Jan 08, 2022 1:13 pm

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
Get a new pharmacy.

There are some smaller pharmacies, but the two main choices are either Rexall or Shopper's Drug Mart. Because SDM has so many locations, I usually go to them for these kind of things. Even though I have one across the highway, finding a location that has what I need is not always easy.

Both my vaccine jabs were at an SDM at the other end of town.

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
I got my flu shot inside of 3 minutes, while they were refilling a prescription, with no notice and with no one else in the store.

I haven't gotten a flu shot since high school. As I mentioned before, up until a few years ago I had acute chronic bronchitis. The flu shot was useless to me, because I got sick at the drop of a hat, and it went cold-flu-bronchitis within three to four days every damn time.

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
I booked my 3rd Covid shot online, and there were plenty of bookings for the AHS vaccination clinic. There is never a crowd, because they book appointments with not making crowds as a parameter.

I'm in no hurry. I only visit essential businesses (grocery store once a week), and only go to work when I'm not home (not counting going for a walk or spending time outside).

-J.

Previous  1 ... 469  470  471  472  473  474  475 ... 533  Next