Canada Kicks Ass
Omnibus COVID-19 virus discussion thread

Previous  1 ... 471  472  473  474  475  476  477 ... 533  Next

CDN_PATRIOT @ Sun Jan 09, 2022 11:19 am

housewife housewife:
Unlike you I don’t go to work so my big adult conversations aren’t happening. I miss talking to my friends I even miss the self righteous bitch who took stitch and bitch to a new level comparing everyone with her life. It’s only takes a couple of times to realize a martyr and a victim! She’s also mean and selfish. I’m now trying to get things done while also trying to help with online learning. This requires mental gymnastics as I wade through the minefield. I have to pick my battles with conflicting info and a baby momma that’s about as helpful as a train derailment!! Not too mention other problems happening. I trying to keep a friend on this side of depression and marriage problems. My hole life is a fucken minefield!!

Point taken.

-J.

housewife @ Sun Jan 09, 2022 12:45 pm

CDN_PATRIOT CDN_PATRIOT:
I'm not ignorant. I know what is happening in the outside world, and I do read snippets from time to time. I stay away from most news, as I have enough to deal with as it is, and don't need any extra stress on my shoulders when there is already more than enough sitting there.

A lot of the reason why so many people are the way they are right now is because they keep themselves glued to a TV screen and news channel. My parents are like this right now, going out of there way to tell me every new development about the pandemic when I have already mentioned on multiple occasions that I don't need to know.

I'm trying to navigate this world pretty much alone on a daily basis, and have enough issues going on to keep me busy without having to deal with everything else. Why in the world do I want to stress myself over a virus when I'm trying to keep bills paid, food on my table, and heat in my dwelling?

-J.

There’s always a group that watch it 24/7. I found that out when living on base.
My mil told me not to worry till the CO and pastor showed up at the door. It was hard not to worry. Most of the wives get to gathers were filled with wild rumours and talk about sex. The lack of or who was screwing around. Some people are just not built to be a part time single parent or a military spouse.

Also I would trade you if I could. My parents are sure that everything is fine in Florida. They are actively trying to get people to visit them. So they tell me all the family gossip and then go on about how everything is fine there. They are also talking about doing a curse. The last one was canceled cause pandemic but it’s all fine now!!!!!!!

Edit to add I just had a lovely conversation with an adult. Ok it was a Nanos Research but still it was a nice conversation that required adult words and thoughts!!!

raydan @ Sun Jan 09, 2022 12:53 pm

housewife housewife:
They are also talking about doing a curse. The last one was canceled cause pandemic but it’s all fine now!!!!!!!

"Doing a curse" is probably what a lot of us want to do these days. :D

housewife @ Sun Jan 09, 2022 4:13 pm

Just got off the phone with my sister apparently my parents have been lying about how they are doing!! They have turned into people I don’t even know. My mother is having problems with arthritis pain so she stopped eating and drinking!!! Dad’s Parkinson’s is getting bad too. Stress is really bad for Parkinson’s. The spy who told on them said he thinks she is under 90 lbs now. My brother who lives in the states can’t go cause he has covid. My sister is wondering if they went down there to die! Honestly I don’t know how they got insurance!!! Apparently everyone close to me lies!! It’s gotten very old very quickly!

herbie @ Sun Jan 09, 2022 5:31 pm

Just did 6 hour hellish drive to get the wife from hospital. Only the highway and hospital parking lot were plowed, no municipal or city roads (it's Sunday!...).
Nice snowblindness, deep white snow everywhere 4x4 for 160 km. By the time I notice I was turning a bit early I slid and hung up on a divider. Friendly farmer puiled me off.
They just HAD TO discharge her early to free up the bed.
On the way home she told me I have to bring her back there for more tests later this week......... argghhhh!!!! And someone WILL be here with oxygen bottles tomorrow.
As if everyone just lives down the block from a Regional Hospital.

Scape @ Sun Jan 09, 2022 7:48 pm

housewife @ Sun Jan 09, 2022 7:48 pm

herbie sounds like a very hellish drive! Glad to hear that you made it.

It always surprises me when regional things make assumptions about how easy it is to get there!! They did that with my daughter early morning appointments during the winter means going down the day before and getting a hotel. Cause you never know what the drive will be like or if the highway will be open.

Scape @ Mon Jan 10, 2022 3:19 pm

herbie @ Mon Jan 10, 2022 4:23 pm

housewife housewife:
herbie sounds like a very hellish drive! Glad to hear that you made it.

It always surprises me when regional things make assumptions about how easy it is to get there!! They did that with my daughter early morning appointments during the winter means going down the day before and getting a hotel. Cause you never know what the drive will be like or if the highway will be open.

They called today and want me to drive her back tomorrow for a scope. No trouble at all - for THEM

I also rolled y eyes when the Doc said an oxygen bottle would be delivered on Monday morning for sure. Yeah right. Of course it wasn't.
And the nurse faxed a prescription for a special med to the local pharmacy, gave her one pill to do Sunday. I watched her send it and even joked that she seemd to youg to know what a fax machine was. (She said like flip phones are for old stubborn people).
Of course, after 6 people ran around like chickens looking for it they "never got the fax" and promised "they'd call hospital to resend it".
I hope she doesn't die before they run out of bullshit and excuses

So now after months of dealing with my daughter's no bed available problem, her daughter's no beds available have to ship you to Vancouver problem and now 'just drive her 6 hours every couple days' there's no beds problem.

Just tell me you're anti-vax. Stand in front of me and tell me that to my face. I fucking dare you..... fucking plague rat

herbie @ Mon Jan 10, 2022 4:29 pm

BTW we're used to that shit from gov't agencies in the boonies. BAck in the days when we HAD Greyhound, it used to leave here at 9:00 am and arrive in Vanderhoof at 9:45.
So in their inifinite bean-counter wisdom they closed the Welfare Office here and the Vanderhoof one picked up the slack. Policy was to book appointment for people from here at 9:00 to 9:30 so they could tongue-lash them about how they didn't even have the decency to show up on time so they were denied - try again next month.
They even told a guy in a wheelchair they wouldn't pay for fenders, he could bring a change of cloithes in a bag and if he went to a job interview, request to change in their bathroom beforehand. He had no fucking legs!

Scape @ Mon Jan 10, 2022 6:53 pm

Scape @ Mon Jan 10, 2022 7:12 pm

Throw another one on the funeral pyre.

raydan @ Mon Jan 10, 2022 8:50 pm

housewife @ Mon Jan 10, 2022 10:07 pm

herbie herbie:
BTW we're used to that shit from gov't agencies in the boonies. BAck in the days when we HAD Greyhound, it used to leave here at 9:00 am and arrive in Vanderhoof at 9:45.
So in their inifinite bean-counter wisdom they closed the Welfare Office here and the Vanderhoof one picked up the slack. Policy was to book appointment for people from here at 9:00 to 9:30 so they could tongue-lash them about how they didn't even have the decency to show up on time so they were denied - try again next month.
They even told a guy in a wheelchair they wouldn't pay for fenders, he could bring a change of cloithes in a bag and if he went to a job interview, request to change in their bathroom beforehand. He had no fucking legs!

It’s the same in all boonies decisions are made by people who like in big cities who have no idea what’s going on anywhere but where they are. It’s all well and good to say you don’t need a car when you live somewhere with decent public transportation like Toronto or Vancouver but outside of the big cities things get tougher. With greyhound cutting routes and highway closures for weather or accidents. You don’t always have an option of getting where you are trying to go. When my daughter first moved north the town bus was an old school bus the stops weren’t marked everyone just knew were they were. When I hear friend here complaining about what’s available I remind them that I used to live in a town that was 4 hours from a mall in any direction!! Add in walking to school in -40 weather and they shut up fast! Some people will never get it. Hopefully you can it through their skulls that you can’t just see them every few days!

DrCaleb @ Tue Jan 11, 2022 7:57 am

A Nurse Calls Out An 'Anti-Vaxxer' Who Led A Rally Weeks After She Gave Him His Second Dose

Previous  1 ... 471  472  473  474  475  476  477 ... 533  Next