Canada Kicks Ass
Omnibus COVID-19 virus discussion thread

Previous  1 ... 482  483  484  485  486  487  488 ... 518  Next

Thanos @ Sun Jan 23, 2022 10:48 pm

Washington anti-vaxx protest goes full-retard/dipshit/moron, with a nice dose of Holocaust appropriation and open anti-Semitism on full & proud display:

https://www.cnn.com/2022/01/23/politics ... index.html

$1:
(CNN)At a rally against vaccine mandates in Washington, DC, on Sunday, Robert F. Kennedy Jr. likened vaccine policies in the US to the actions of a totalitarian state, even suggesting Anne Frank was in a better situation when she was hiding from the Nazis.

"Even in Hitler Germany (sic), you could, you could cross the Alps into Switzerland. You could hide in an attic, like Anne Frank did," said Kennedy, a prominent anti-vaccine advocate, in a speech at the Lincoln Memorial. "I visited, in 1962, East Germany with my father and met people who had climbed the wall and escaped, so it was possible. Many died, true, but it was possible."

Kennedy's historically inaccurate anti-Semitic remark ignores the fact that Frank and some 6 million other Jews were murdered by Nazis. Frank, who was a teenager at the time, hid in an attic in the Netherlands, not Germany, before she was caught and was sent to a concentration camp, where she died.

The Auschwitz Memorial responded to Kennedy in a statement on Twitter, saying, "Exploiting of the tragedy of people who suffered, were humiliated, tortured & murdered by the totalitarian regime of Nazi Germany - including children like Anne Frank - in a debate about vaccines & limitations during global pandemic is a sad symptom of moral & intellectual decay."

The son of former Attorney General and presidential candidate Robert F. Kennedy has a long history of spreading vaccine misinformation.

While there is no national vaccine mandate covering all Americans, various cities around the country, including Washington, have required proof of vaccination for access to many restaurants, bars, gyms and other private businesses. The federal government mandated vaccines for federal workers, but a federal judge in Texas blocked the administration from enforcing it on Friday. The administration's attempt to mandate vaccines for large businesses was blocked by the US Supreme Court earlier this month, although it allowed a vaccine mandate for certain health care workers to go into effect nationwide. Some businesses have voluntarily mandated vaccines.

Sunday's event, billed as a protest against vaccine mandates, featured speakers repeatedly spreading misinformation about vaccines and showcased several bigoted comparisons to the Holocaust. At least one man was seen displaying a yellow Star of David, which Jews were required by law to wear as an identifier in Nazi Germany.

While language referencing totalitarianism was common throughout the speeches, references to the Holocaust were found largely on signs, one of which read, "Make the Nuremberg Code great again!" and another read, "Bring back the Nuremberg Trials." The Nuremberg Code delineated "permissible medical experiments" on human subjects and stated that such experiments must be for the good of society and satisfy moral, ethical and legal concepts. The code was established during the prosecution of German doctors who subjected Jews to torturous medical experiments.

Another sign with clear anti-Semitic sentiments read, "Corrupt, N.I.H., Big Pharma Mafia, Big C.D.C. Cartel; Big Fraud Media: Your circumcision is dividing America! You all have foreskin-blood stained money in your thug hands!!"

Some hilarity courtesy of a few good guy counter-protestors occurred when they started chanting "Let's Go DARWIN!" at the anti-vaxxer chuds. Gotta keep that one in mind for future use against the cretins. :evil:

PluggyRug @ Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:40 am

Vaccines are a tool, not a silver bullet. If we’d allowed more scientific debate, we would have realized this earlier

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/opinion ... cientific/

Scape @ Tue Jan 25, 2022 1:24 am

Bill is gone all in on the get back to normal drum beating. It is dangerous and reckless, just when we are coming off of the latest wave and the hospitals are SPENT.

Scape @ Tue Jan 25, 2022 1:32 am

DrCaleb @ Tue Jan 25, 2022 7:25 am

Neil Young wants to quit Spotify over Joe Rogan's vaccine misinformation

DrCaleb @ Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:00 am

Alberta's COVID-19 hospitalizations top 1,300, as province reports 41 new deaths over 3 days

$1:
The number of people in hospital with COVID-19 grew by 113 from Friday's update to 1,304, including 108 people in intensive care.

There have now been 3,470 deaths since the start of the pandemic, an increase of 41 from Friday's update.

xerxes @ Tue Jan 25, 2022 12:54 pm

DrCaleb @ Tue Jan 25, 2022 1:06 pm

Long COVID: Antibodies in cerebrospinal fluid linked with brain fog

Scape @ Tue Jan 25, 2022 2:09 pm

Sarah Palin tests positive for Covid ahead of start of New York Times defamation trial

DrCaleb @ Wed Jan 26, 2022 8:44 am

Omicron subvariant BA.2 raises new questions about puzzling evolution of virus behind COVID-19

DrCaleb @ Wed Jan 26, 2022 8:47 am

Deadly COVID-19 outbreak at Edmonton geriatric psychiatry hospital continues to grow

DrCaleb @ Wed Jan 26, 2022 8:53 am

How I unlearned my anti-vaxx upbringing and started to trust the experts

$1:
Only three years or so into my vaccine journey, my old fears of the medical community came flooding back. I was suspicious of how these vaccines were supposedly "made in record time."

I found myself in the camp of wanting to wait a few years to see what happened.

Then you know what I did? I stopped doing my own research.

Who am I, a barely Grade 10-educated person, to find information that the professionals weren't finding? Instead I began consuming the research and studies done by people who trained and studied for years in those fields. They could discover the truth much more successfully than any blogger or YouTuber.

I've been able to put my trust in the true experts and unlearn old ways of thinking.

Growing up in an anti-vaxx home has given me perspective on the damage that environment causes. It goes far deeper than questioning vaccines. It undermines faith in our entire health-care system.

I fully believe vaccines are and should always be a personal choice, but a choice isn't a choice when it is made based on misinformation.

housewife @ Wed Jan 26, 2022 11:32 am

It’s a shame we don’t have more people saying that! It makes no sense that someone outside the field of study would discover an answer to something so complex. Even with the thinking outside the box argument!!

Scape @ Wed Jan 26, 2022 12:39 pm

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
Neil Young wants to quit Spotify over Joe Rogan's vaccine misinformation

raydan @ Wed Jan 26, 2022 12:50 pm

There are many truths out there, just do your research and choose the one you like the best.

Previous  1 ... 482  483  484  485  486  487  488 ... 518  Next