Canada Kicks Ass
Omnibus COVID-19 virus discussion thread

Previous  1 ... 484  485  486  487  488  489  490 ... 533  Next

raydan @ Wed Jan 26, 2022 3:39 pm

Everybody who complains about restrictions should all be sent to work in ER's for a while.

bootlegga @ Wed Jan 26, 2022 3:57 pm

Scape Scape:
Stoking the fire for votes is going to backfire.

Yep - it certainly has in the past two elections - any semi-competent opposition party should have won the last two elections given all of Trudeau's scandals and gaffes, yet here he is, still our PM.

I'm not a huge fan of Trudeau, but he's certainly better than anything I've seen from any of the other parties over the past few years.

DrCaleb @ Wed Jan 26, 2022 3:58 pm

raydan raydan:
Everybody who complains about restrictions should all be sent to work in ER's for a while.

For 16 hours a day.

Thanos @ Wed Jan 26, 2022 3:58 pm

They're too dangerous to be allowed near the other patients in hospitals. If they're sick because they refused to get vaxxed then they should be left at home to tough it out. If they get better on their own then terrific, they can go on the internet and play tough-guy and say things like "I didn't need no pussy health care system to help ME out!". If they expire then they have no one to blame but themselves.

We can't accommodate these people anymore. They have to be left to sink or swim on their own, which is what they allegedly want anyway. Ironically I'm coming to the conclusion that all restrictions & mandates might have to end anyway, if for no other reason than to get this over with sooner rather than later. Living with COVID is something we have to get used to, and if it also causes a massive culling of the stupid & demented then so be it. We can't prevent those who've done the the right thing from getting sick so all we can do direct the medical resources towards them when they need it. The other ones though? Let them go their own way as they desire.

There might be no other way out of this than natural selection. The Vancouver Island marmot is one of the stupidest animals on the planet, for example. It literally can't survive on it's own without human assistance because the eagles, cougars, wolves, etc would have wiped it out a long time ago. Nothing against the marmot personally, but it's just the way it is. We need to examine if this same sentiment should to be applied to people. If they're that naturally predisposed towards their own demise, through their own natural stupidity or by the runaway mental illnesses that are vexing them, how far do the rest of us have to go to assist them? When they are obviously harming us by association, though deliberately trying to sabotage a health care campaign that requires near-full co-operation to succeed, then should we be bothering to help them at all?

It's been a difficult day. And I ran out of patience & compassion for these bastards a long time ago. I just don't want to do this anymore, so let them do their own thing and let natural justice render it's verdict on them. :evil:

DrCaleb @ Wed Jan 26, 2022 4:04 pm

Thanos Thanos:
Ironically I'm coming to the conclusion that all restrictions & mandates might have to end anyway, if for no other reason than to get this over with sooner rather than later. Living with COVID is something we have to get used to, and if it also causes a massive culling of the stupid & demented then so be it. We can't prevent those who've done the the right thing from getting sick so all we can do direct the medical resources towards them when they need it. The other ones though? Let them go their own way as they desire.

The only flaw with that is the section of the population who can't be vaccinated, or are immunocompromised. Children under 5. Transplant and cancer patients. The elderly.

Those are the things herd immunity through vaccination was supposed to protect. If letting the virus run wild only hurt the unvaccinated, I'd say let 'er rip. But it will take out a lot of innocents along the way.

Thanos @ Wed Jan 26, 2022 4:27 pm

Unfortunately there is no way to avoid collateral losses. Not ever, not in anything that humans are associate with. Living in a society that, for both good & bad, has become "safety first" has made us believe too quickly that 100% success is possible. It isn't and it never was.

But back to the basic math. Let's say we have 100 anti-vaxxers and 70 of them die from COVID, or poison themselves to death from using "alternative health" substances. How much is your life impacted by them dying? Have you really lost anything by losing them? When you know that they're also engaged in all sorts of other dangerous activities due to their paranoia, like radical right-wing politics, isn't losing them in a way actually beneficial both for you personally as well as for society overall? If they're no longer around to continue their corrosive behaviour isn't it better for the rest of us? The Pawlawski Bros church? Grace Life church? Joe Rogan? Chris Sky? Theo Fleury? Josh Archibald? Ezra Levant & "The Rebel" team? RFK Jr? Donald Trump? Derek Sloan? Glenn Beck? Alex Jones? A large percentage of the overall right-wing media? What damage would have actually been done to the rest of us if each & every single one of them had gotten COVID and died from it?

There's no benefit to having a cancer inside of you. And that applies as much to a society as it does to an individual. If that particular cancer though is somewhat "self removing" due to it's own idiocy? That's a good thing. And the more of them that engage in a self-exit helps in the long run. The immunocompromised or the allergic who can't be vaccinated that you mentioned? Don't their odds of survival actually increase with the more anti-vaxxers and other lunatics who disappear from the scene altogether? How many cancer patients who had a chance a year ago are going to die, entirely thanks to the anti-vaxxers who got sick from COVID ending up in ICUs and robbing those precious medical resources from people who deserved to live much more than some odious fucking paranoiacs & conspiracy-believers ever did?

Stop being kind to them. THEY DON'T DESERVE IT. That's what they've been relying on for far too long, and they've been using our own emotions against us for far too long. The more of them that drop dead then it's obviously better for the rest of us. I have no regrets about putting it in these terms, not anymore. They crossed the line a long time ago. Let them suffer the consequences of their deliberate decisions.

Scape @ Wed Jan 26, 2022 4:27 pm

Other than culling the herd what other option is feasible? The mob is acting like a spoiled three year old, reason isn't going to cut it.

Scape @ Wed Jan 26, 2022 4:54 pm

'Small number' of Omicron subvariant cases detected in B.C., officials say

bootlegga @ Wed Jan 26, 2022 5:13 pm

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
Thanos Thanos:
Ironically I'm coming to the conclusion that all restrictions & mandates might have to end anyway, if for no other reason than to get this over with sooner rather than later. Living with COVID is something we have to get used to, and if it also causes a massive culling of the stupid & demented then so be it. We can't prevent those who've done the the right thing from getting sick so all we can do direct the medical resources towards them when they need it. The other ones though? Let them go their own way as they desire.

The only flaw with that is the section of the population who can't be vaccinated, or are immunocompromised. Children under 5. Transplant and cancer patients. The elderly.

Those are the things herd immunity through vaccination was supposed to protect. If letting the virus run wild only hurt the unvaccinated, I'd say let 'er rip. But it will take out a lot of innocents along the way.

My thoughts exactly - my daughter is immunocompromised and though she has had one vax shot now, if she got it, she'd have long COVID and/or permanent lung damage (best case scenario) for the rest of her life.

That's not a chance I'm willing to take, even if it wiped out most of the COVIDIOTs. Although I do have to admit my dark side agrees with you Thanos...talk about being between a rock and a hard place.

Thanos @ Wed Jan 26, 2022 6:13 pm

bootlegga bootlegga:
That's not a chance I'm willing to take, even if it wiped out most of the COVIDIOTs. Although I do have to admit my dark side agrees with you Thanos...talk about being between a rock and a hard place.

In my rage today, that got triggered by Theo Fleury's idiocy, I went too far. I forgot about your situation. I'm sorry for that and if I offended you. My bad entirely. :oops:

Scape @ Wed Jan 26, 2022 7:16 pm

Wow. I have no doubt that YouTube will pull David's video about Tucker for misinfo but leave Tucker's up.

xerxes @ Wed Jan 26, 2022 7:23 pm

FOX news needs to be taken off the air just for that alone. That kind of talk will get people killed. He might as well of said "Zombie's don't want to eat your brains. Go hug them."

bootlegga @ Wed Jan 26, 2022 7:28 pm

Thanos Thanos:
bootlegga bootlegga:

In my rage today, that got triggered by Theo Fleury's idiocy, I went too far. I forgot about your situation. I'm sorry for that and if I offended you. My bad entirely. :oops:

No worries, I'm not offended, and Fleury's idiocy pissed me off too. As I said, I've had the same thoughts myself, if only to see a culling of COVIDIOTS.

Having said that however, there will come a time when the restrictions will have to end.

It just means our family will remain on high alert for a long time, while the rest of the world gets back to some semblance of normal. It'll suck for us, but we've made all sorts of sacrifices for her because of her condition - besides it's not fair for society to have to accommodate us forever.

I just wish society would extend that lack of accommodation to the unvaxxed, anti-maskers and other idiots out there.

Thanos @ Wed Jan 26, 2022 7:59 pm

bootlegga bootlegga:

Hope you guys do OK long term. I hate to think of how scary it must be for any family that has a child in extra-danger from illnesses like COVID due to immune issues.

$1:
I just wish society would extend that lack of accommodation to the unvaxxed, anti-maskers and other idiots out there.

Them not receiving the karmic penalties they've entirely earned is majorly discouraging. Aside from maybe getting COVID and dying these types seem remarkably exempt from any repercussions or consequences of their actions. Much like their leaders, such as Trump, they seem to be born with some sort of lucky horseshoe firmly embedded in their asses that lets them get away with it. Kevin Johnston and the hate-preachers, for example, are really only going to have some very weak punishments laid on them, ones that are far too weak to discourage them from behaving in such a shitty manner. None of them have been deterred in the slightest into changing course. If anything, given the increased intensity with which the bastards have been behaving since the new year began, they're all going to behave much much worse than they already did before.

I hate them. I mean it, I seriously fucking hate all of them. Right now, when one of them gets COVID and dies, I feel about as much compassion for them as I did when the Al Qaeda & Taliban types huddled in the Afghan caves were get massacred in the hundreds by the fuel-air bombs the US air strikes were nailing them with. Like, fuck them, fuck each and every single one of them. :evil:

Scape @ Wed Jan 26, 2022 8:03 pm

Thanos, are you Adam Sessler?

Previous  1 ... 484  485  486  487  488  489  490 ... 533  Next