Canada Kicks Ass
Omnibus COVID-19 virus discussion thread

Previous  1 ... 503  504  505  506  507  508  509 ... 533  Next

raydan @ Thu Feb 24, 2022 10:13 am

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
Health Canada authorizes made-in-Canada Medicago vaccine

$1:
The two-dose, plant-based vaccine is authorized for use in people aged 18 to 64.

I have a reason not to get that vaccine. :wink:

DrCaleb @ Thu Feb 24, 2022 10:16 am

You hate plants?

raydan @ Thu Feb 24, 2022 10:18 am

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
You hate plants?

I don't understand people who hate meat, we're literally all meat. :?

DrCaleb @ Thu Feb 24, 2022 10:24 am

It's not meat that I dislike. It's how meat is treated before it's meat, that I hate.

Scape @ Fri Feb 25, 2022 1:39 pm

housewife @ Sat Feb 26, 2022 9:21 am

That was really good Scape.

DrCaleb @ Sat Feb 26, 2022 9:53 am

I love her videos.

Things like sources: "Wendy Molyneux, “Oh My Fucking God, Get the Fucking Vaccine Already, You Fucking Fucks,” in McSweeney’s"

:lol:

Scape @ Sat Feb 26, 2022 2:55 pm

DrCaleb @ Mon Feb 28, 2022 10:25 am

Businesses brace for conflict over Edmonton's mask bylaw when Alberta lifts mandate Tuesday

DrCaleb @ Mon Feb 28, 2022 12:24 pm

I can't work as a nurse in a province led by a government that is anti-science

DrCaleb @ Mon Feb 28, 2022 12:49 pm

Canadian researchers discover 1st possible case of deer spreading COVID-19 virus to a human

DrCaleb @ Tue Mar 01, 2022 12:58 pm

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
Canadian researchers discover 1st possible case of deer spreading COVID-19 virus to a human

$1:
Things got less reassuring when the researchers obtained genomes from some of these samples. All turned out to be distantly related from the rest of the SARS-CoV-2 family tree—roughly as distant from the common ancestor of the pandemic as the omicron variant is. Their closest relatives turned out to be a lineage that had spread from humans to mink in Michigan that had been identified about a year earlier. But in the intervening time, the lineage had picked up 76 additional mutations—in fact, all the genomes had some small differences with each other.

The team also found a single additional genome belonging to this same lineage. This one was isolated from a human during the same time period and in the same region as the survey of deer. The individual had had contact with deer, suggesting the virus may have jumped back from deer to humans.

https://arstechnica.com/science/2022/03 ... nsmission/

raydan @ Tue Mar 01, 2022 1:32 pm

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
DrCaleb DrCaleb:

$1:
Things got less reassuring when the researchers obtained genomes from some of these samples. All turned out to be distantly related from the rest of the SARS-CoV-2 family tree—roughly as distant from the common ancestor of the pandemic as the omicron variant is. Their closest relatives turned out to be a lineage that had spread from humans to mink in Michigan that had been identified about a year earlier. But in the intervening time, the lineage had picked up 76 additional mutations—in fact, all the genomes had some small differences with each other.

The team also found a single additional genome belonging to this same lineage. This one was isolated from a human during the same time period and in the same region as the survey of deer. The individual had had contact with deer, suggesting the virus may have jumped back from deer to humans.

https://arstechnica.com/science/2022/03 ... nsmission/

Kinda hard to guess what will kill us all these days, the really tiny stuff like viruses or the really big stuff like WW3.

housewife @ Tue Mar 01, 2022 1:53 pm

Again, all comments I want to make to this latest news are best stated in the fuck thread! There seems to be a lot of that these days!

DrCaleb @ Wed Mar 02, 2022 12:14 pm

'Likely COVID': Saskatchewan emergency rooms seeing more children under 5

Previous  1 ... 503  504  505  506  507  508  509 ... 533  Next