Canada Kicks Ass
Omnibus COVID-19 virus discussion thread

Previous  1 ... 514  515  516  517  518  519  520  Next

Strutz @ Sat Jun 18, 2022 11:24 am

$1:
As the summer approaches and COVID-19 health measures continue to loosen, experts say the rise of subvariants of Omicron could lead to another spike in cases in Canada.

The subvariants of BA.4 and BA.5 have been fueling growing case counts in the U.S., Europe and elsewhere around the world. In Canada, the two variants made up 3.9 per cent and 6.5 per cent of COVID-19 cases, respectively, according to samples collected the week of May 29. Cases of BA.2.12.1, another growing subvariant, also represent 40.5 per cent of cases.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/coronavir ... -1.5953017

Scape @ Tue Jun 21, 2022 1:02 pm

Russia appears to have faked trial results of its flagship Covid vaccine. A team of researchers in Australia and Singapore, who pored over the original study, have uncovered what they believe is proof the Kremlin fabricated efficacy data.

DrCaleb @ Thu Jun 23, 2022 11:33 am

Neutralization Escape by SARS-CoV-2 Omicron Subvariants BA.2.12.1, BA.4, and BA.5

tl;dr, the BA.4 and BA.5 variants are not amused by vaccinations, or immunity from past infections. Expect another wave later this summer.

Scape @ Thu Jun 23, 2022 4:29 pm

So the vaccines have been rendered ineffective. Wonderful.

Strutz @ Thu Jun 23, 2022 7:18 pm

Scape Scape:

I'd say quite easily that only half of people I see daily now are even wearing masks anymore. You can go anywhere and do anything pretty much regardless of vaccine status or measures.

Can you even imagine if there is another spike in severe cases what would happen if a lockdown is even whispered as a suggestion? Some people will completely melt down.

Scape @ Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:34 pm

I havn't seen the death rates trending upwards yet but if they do mobs will be the least of our concerns.

housewife @ Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:20 pm

So many people tell me it’s over and we should ditch all protocols. I’m tired of this but I’m more tired of stupid people.

Strutz @ Thu Jun 23, 2022 10:38 pm

housewife housewife:
So many people tell me it’s over and we should ditch all protocols. I’m tired of this but I’m more tired of stupid people.

So am I. I had a customer make a remark to me yesterday "Who are you? The masked bandit?". Oh, you are so funny there dude. :roll: So what? I'm wearing a mask and you are not. Whatever. At least the freaking "what good sheeple you are" broad hasn't been around lately to spew her latest conspiracy bs at me.

Another regular customer just told me about her friend, who couldn't wait until cruises starting up, jumped onboard a cruise and came back with covid. She said she told her to wait a bit before travelling but to no avail...

DrCaleb @ Fri Jun 24, 2022 6:01 am

Scape Scape:

Not ineffective. There is still a greatly reduced chance of death. But also greater chance of infection.

DrCaleb @ Fri Jun 24, 2022 6:03 am

Strutz Strutz:
housewife housewife:

So am I. I had a customer make a remark to me yesterday "Who are you? The masked bandit?".

I can't wait till someone comments on my mask. I can wear a frilly pink tu-tu if I want. When they have as many autoimmune diseases as me and are cancer survivors, then they can comment on my wearing a mask.

housewife @ Fri Jun 24, 2022 8:44 am

Doc your so right! I already have enough health issues I don’t need anymore! I will wear my mask whenever I want which is every time I’m out. Right now I have my spring cough and congestion it’s my normal reality. The doctor has finally decided to test that they say that the cough sounds asthmatic. But aside from that I don’t want to infect anyone if I have something.

herbie @ Fri Jun 24, 2022 9:48 am

If the wife was still here and working at the super she'd be stupid not to wear a mask at work. Interacting with hundreds of people each day including dozens of known anti-maskers/anti-vaxxers.
Even if she hadn't been a high risk candidate

I wouldn't dream of getting on a plane or a cruise ship at all now, even on the ferry I'd be out on deck.

DrCaleb @ Mon Jun 27, 2022 7:05 am

Canada handled response to COVID-19 pandemic better than several G10 countries, new study suggests

Strutz @ Mon Jun 27, 2022 8:31 pm

herbie herbie:
If the wife was still here and working at the super she'd be stupid not to wear a mask at work. Interacting with hundreds of people each day including dozens of known anti-maskers/anti-vaxxers.
Even if she hadn't been a high risk candidate

I wouldn't dream of getting on a plane or a cruise ship at all now, even on the ferry I'd be out on deck.

Nor would we. As much as we would love to go to a Lions game (it's been a few years now...) the idea of the skytrain ride downtown and back, then the crowds at BC Place, in the stands and at concessions and concourse areas, is a bit too much still. At least watching the game at home we can drink beer much cheaper, make our own game snacks and go for a smoke when we want to.

DrCaleb @ Wed Jun 29, 2022 6:05 am

Previous  1 ... 514  515  516  517  518  519  520  Next