Canada Kicks Ass
Sex diseases in US surge to record high

Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

xerxes @ Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:24 pm

Because it's not the death sentence it used to be. Now, thanks to ARV drugs and other treatments, people with AIDS can live longer, fuller lives.

Newer diseases like SARS and whatever version of animal flu are the bigger fears. Or even older diseases that are becoming antibiotic resistant. Gonorrhea for example. If you get the local Asian variant there's a very high chance that it's become resistant to everything that used to kill it.

herbie @ Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:16 pm

Might have to do with the fact you're not likely to screw someone with AIDS?
And if they don't tell you they'll be jailed.
If they do tell you and you still want to you WILL protect yourself?

How many are HPV from idiot states and idiot parents saying no to vaccinating young people? Or from dumb policies that won't let educators tell dumb people you can get them from a blow job?

rickc @ Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:49 pm

herbie herbie:
Might have to do with the fact you're not likely to screw someone with AIDS?
And if they don't tell you they'll be jailed.
If they do tell you and you still want to you WILL protect yourself?

How many are HPV from idiot states and idiot parents saying no to vaccinating young people? Or from dumb policies that won't let educators tell dumb people you can get them from a blow job?

I have to ask the question: for someone so successful as yourself, why do you seem so angry all of the time? Maybe its my imagination but I can picture you in my mind screaming out your posts on here! You know how like when you read a book and you give different voices to all the players in the novel in your mind? I always picture veins bulging out of the side of your head and spit flying out of your mouth as you tell people to get off of your lawn. Lol!!! I apologize if I am out of line, but I can't be the only one thinking this. I just can't be.

I digress. We could be very well having this discussion about Canada.
https://globalnews.ca/news/2364590/grow ... in-canada/
How do you explain the rising rates of STD's in Canada? Surely you can't blame the Bible thumpers for the lack of sex ed., or the idiot states and idiot parents saying NO to vaccinations. If all these ignorant, uneducated fools live south of the border, than why the increase of STD's in Canada? Enquiring minds want to know.

martin14 @ Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:54 pm

^^ ROTFL

stratos @ Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:43 am

rickc rickc:
Whatever happened to AIDS? For those of us coming of age in the 80's thats all we heard about. We were going to get it if we went to the dentist. Mosquitoes were going to spread it. Fear was every where. The AIDS quilt was getting bigger by the day. Every day there was a new story on the news about AIDS. There was no way I was not going to use a condom. The sexual revolution came to a grinding halt. I honestly cannot remember the last time I heard a story on the news about AIDS. It would appear as though the fear of having unprotected sex is a thing of the past with these exploding STD rates.

I've noticed that also, I could be wrong but seems it quit being a headline issue about the time the same sex marriage was made legal.

Also sense it is a disease shouldn't the CDC and WHO be issuing warnings and such things like they did for SARS and the AVAIAN flu.

DrCaleb @ Wed Sep 27, 2017 5:59 am

stratos stratos:
rickc rickc:
Whatever happened to AIDS? For those of us coming of age in the 80's thats all we heard about. We were going to get it if we went to the dentist. Mosquitoes were going to spread it. Fear was every where. The AIDS quilt was getting bigger by the day. Every day there was a new story on the news about AIDS. There was no way I was not going to use a condom. The sexual revolution came to a grinding halt. I honestly cannot remember the last time I heard a story on the news about AIDS. It would appear as though the fear of having unprotected sex is a thing of the past with these exploding STD rates.

I've noticed that also, I could be wrong but seems it quit being a headline issue about the time the same sex marriage was made legal.

Co-incidence is not causality. :idea:

stratos stratos:
Also sense it is a disease shouldn't the CDC and WHO be issuing warnings and such things like they did for SARS and the AVAIAN flu.

From the article:

$1:
This was "the highest number ever," said the annual Sexually Transmitted Disease Surveillance Report released today by the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).

It was the CDC issuing the warning.

Thanos @ Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:45 am

AIDS is out there waiting for it's old friend complacency to take effect. Forgetting about this one and thinking it's been defanged is a truly bad mistake. If it weren't for the level of medical technology that was able to keep it at bay it could have been a world-ender as far as pandemic diseases go.

DrCaleb @ Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:55 am

Thanos Thanos:
AIDS is out there waiting for it's old friend complacency to take effect. Forgetting about this one and thinking it's been defanged is a truly bad mistake. If it weren't for the level of medical technology that was able to keep it at bay it could have been a world-ender as far as pandemic diseases go.

Drugs have been making it a disease people can live with , but new technology called 'protein folding' has been hopeful in killing it entirely.

HIV/AIDS procreates by forming a 'key' that locks into a 'lock' on a cell, then it takes over that cell and uses the biomatter to reproduce itself. HIV/AIDS mutates so fast that it's been difficult to create a medicine that attacks the virus. Protein Folding creates a new 'virus' that is built molecule by molecule, and literally folds itself until it is the right shape to fit that lock on the cell, and theoretically bind itself in the place of HIV/AIDS. Thereby eliminating the ability of it to reproduce, and helping to produce medicines that will do the same thing in people.

https://www.scientificamerican.com/arti ... ve-riddle/

Robair @ Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:20 am

rickc rickc:
They don't offer any hypothesis as to why the spike in cases?

Tinder.

BartSimpson @ Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:27 am

Thanos Thanos:

It only would have been a "world ender" for the sexually promiscuous and irresponsible.

Monogamous people (gay or otherwise) would have nothing to fear from it.

BartSimpson @ Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:28 am

Robair Robair:
rickc rickc:
They don't offer any hypothesis as to why the spike in cases?

Tinder.

ROTFL +5 R=UP

fifeboy @ Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:38 am

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
Thanos Thanos:

It only would have been a "world ender" for the sexually promiscuous and irresponsible.

Monogamous people (gay or otherwise) would have nothing to fear from it.

This is true, but the use of dirty needles is also involved.

BartSimpson @ Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:48 am

Zero fucks given for needle users. Sorry.

Thanos @ Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:09 am

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
Zero fucks given for needle users anyone. (not) Sorry.

FTFY :|

herbie @ Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:17 am

How does making a couple common sense statements make one appear angry? I'm the old guy that lets the local kids play on my lawn. And puts on the boots to mow it so the dog shit sprays as fertilizer instead of whining to the village like the old bag down the street.
You don't hear me tossing words around like "promiscuity" as if there's something wrong with that.

And according to health officials in BC needles are and have been the #1 spreader of AIDS and HEPC for years.

Previous  1  2  3  4  Next