Canada Kicks Ass
Smoking, but not too often....

1  2  Next

camerontech @ Tue Mar 27, 2007 3:57 pm

It's bad for your mouth, could develop mouth cancer or something like that.

you only live once, during the summer I always enjoy a good cigar after work...nothing wrong with that IMO as long as you don't start smoking chronically and aren't exposed to SHS

SupportingOurTroops @ Thu Mar 29, 2007 8:24 am

As Cameron said...you can develop cancer of the tongue and throat cancer. Not to mention kills the taste buds. Cigars are a big cause of canker sores in the mouth...and cause gum disease. Again, cigars are still second hand smoke which you still inhale through your nose to your lungs.

Zipperfish @ Thu Mar 29, 2007 8:39 am

Everything's bad for you. If you refrain from smoking, drinking, and unhealthy foods, you'll live longer. And even if you don't it'll seem that way.

LightStarr @ Thu Mar 29, 2007 8:54 am

Phhht you could get hit by a car and die tomorrow. Live for today! Do what makes you happy.

SupportingOurTroops @ Thu Mar 29, 2007 9:00 am

Very true, but what is preventable should be avoided.

BluesBud @ Thu Mar 29, 2007 9:06 am

I enjoy a "good cigar" two or three times a year but not more than that. I don't suspect I do much damage to myself. With that little amount, the body usually cleanses itself out. Since I never smoked cigarettes and I keep myself in shape, I have very clear lungs. This also aids in the body recovering itself.

Zipperfish @ Thu Mar 29, 2007 11:49 am

SupportingOurTroops SupportingOurTroops:
Very true, but what is preventable should be avoided.

Death isn't preventable. But it should still be avoided. Myself--I'll take five years off the end and enjoy life a little more. I've always been a "quality over quantity" kind of guy.

SideShowCecil @ Thu Mar 29, 2007 12:14 pm

Man I’m jealous!

I quit smoking fifteen years ago; and I don’t miss it one bit. I do however miss having the occasional cigar with the old man while out fishing.

The only way I could quit smoking was to accept that I could never smoke anything ever again; even the odd cigar. I did however promise myself I could take up the pipe at 70. Thirty years to go.

BluesBud @ Thu Mar 29, 2007 12:17 pm

SideShowCecil SideShowCecil:
Man I’m jealous!

I quit smoking fifteen years ago; and I don’t miss it one bit. I do however miss having the occasional cigar with the old man while out fishing.

The only way I could quit smoking was to accept that I could never smoke anything ever again; even the odd cigar. I did however promise myself I could take up the pipe at 70. Thirty years to go.
What kind of pipe will you be taking?

Hash, crack....? LOL

fatbasturd @ Thu Mar 29, 2007 12:22 pm

I smoke more than david koresh 8O

SideShowCecil @ Thu Mar 29, 2007 12:24 pm

BluesBud BluesBud:

Hash, crack....? LOL

:lol: Plain old cranky old man pipe. I gave up that other stuff a long long long time ago

BluesBud @ Thu Mar 29, 2007 12:28 pm

BluesBud BluesBud:

Hash, crack....? LOL

:lol: Plain old cranky old man pipe. I gave up that other stuff a long long long time ago
Just kiddin' ya bud. I knew that's what you meant.

Blue_Nose @ Thu Mar 29, 2007 12:43 pm

Jeez, I was smoking a pipe at 21 - smoked it every day for 6 months until December hit, and I didn't feel like sitting out on the porch.

With all the dust, fumes, and chemicals I'm working with most days, I figure pipe smoke is the least of my worries.

Snorkmaiden @ Thu Mar 29, 2007 3:02 pm

Man I’m jealous!

Good for you!!! R=UP

1  2  Next