Canada Kicks Ass
Hockey night in Canada

Previous  1 ... 44  45  46  47  48  49  Next

raydan @ Sun Dec 11, 2016 6:27 pm

I remember a few of this guy's hip checks from back in the day.

Do you guys need a hint? :lol:

2Cdo @ Mon Dec 12, 2016 8:00 am

raydan raydan:
I remember a few of this guy's hip checks from back in the day.

Do you guys need a hint? :lol:

Beep beep!

Alta_redneck @ Wed Dec 14, 2016 8:26 pm

What a screwed up schedule this year, I think Flames, Canucks have had a comparible schedule as the Oilers, 18 games in 32 days. But then there's teams like the LA and Columbus that have 6 and 5 games in hand. These Pacific teams have basically played 2 weeks more than those teams, but in the same time period.

I guess their easy schedule is still coming.

Alta_redneck @ Fri Dec 30, 2016 10:26 am

Who would ever have thought the Wild and Jackets would be the premier New Years Eve game with both teams sitting on, or about a 13 game winning streaks, give or take a game.

Not premier enough for me to get the exact games tho. :lol:

bootlegga @ Fri Dec 30, 2016 10:53 am

2Cdo 2Cdo:
I hate the Habs but that hit by Emelin used to be called a hip check.

I'm not a Habs fan either, but throwing a huge check like that when the game is winding down and the score is 10-1 in your team's favour is just asking for an ass whipping. Fortunately, Emelin has Carey Price to hide behind. :lol:

If a Colorado player threw that check, the game just would have kept on going, but that was rubbing salt in the wound and any half decent player is going to try and get you back for it.

Alta_redneck @ Sat Dec 31, 2016 8:14 pm

And the Blue Jackets keep on winning, now at 15, 2 shy of the record of 17 held by the Pens.

Their game today was a first in professional sports where 2 teams with major winning streaks have played each other with the loser having to start a new one.

Strutz @ Sat Jan 21, 2017 6:23 pm

Just happened to catch Coach's Corner during the Leafs-Sens game and it seems to me that Don Cherry isn't looking or sounding very good. Anyone else notice that?

Alta_redneck @ Sat Jan 21, 2017 8:25 pm

Flames have em right where they want them, and that's not a shot at the Flames.

Alta_redneck @ Sat Jan 21, 2017 8:41 pm

Strutz Strutz:
Just happened to catch Coach's Corner during the Leafs-Sens game and it seems to me that Don Cherry isn't looking or sounding very good. Anyone else notice that?

I missed it tonight, but I got to wondering something like that after one of those outdoor games where Don went with MacLean in a private jet to do Hometown Hockey. Maybe it's just me, but they didn't show Cherry getting on or off the plane like they showed Ron doing. Probably have to watch the clip to see what I mean.

Made me think maybe Don needs a hand doing stuff like that now adays and doesn't want that made public. He is getting up there. :lol:

Alta_redneck @ Sat Jan 28, 2017 6:29 pm

We have Captain Canada in town playing the locals tonight. Alberta Senior AAA action FB_IMG_1485653068838.jpg
FB_IMG_1485653068838.jpg [ 48.06 KiB | Viewed 215 times ]

I should add the crowd adored him, nothing like when Theo Flury last played here, that turned kind of ugly. lol

Strutz @ Sat Jan 28, 2017 10:16 pm

So did anyone watch the NHL skills competition today?

Quite entertaining and it looked the players were all having a good time. Looking forward to the games tomorrow.

Go Pacific Division! [B-o]

Alta_redneck @ Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:57 pm

$1:
The Edmonton Oilers acquired centre Henrik Samuelsson Wednesday from the Arizona Coyotes in exchange for winger Mitch Moroz.

Samuelsson has been with the Tucson Roadrunners in the AHL, registering two goals and one assist in 20 games so far this season.

The 22-year-old American is the son of former NHLer Ulf Samuelsson. He was selected 27th overall by the Coyotes at the 2012 NHL Draft.

Samuelsson is familiar with the city of Edmonton after spending his three-season junior career with the Edmonton Oil Kings in the WHL, winning a Memorial Cup in 2014.

Samuelsson and Moroz were teammates on those Oil Kings teams.

Moroz, a second-round pick of the Oilers in 2012, has three points in 17 games with the Bakersfield Condors this season. He never played a regular season game with the Oilers.

C3nTN7kUcAIi6Gz.jpg
C3nTN7kUcAIi6Gz.jpg [ 218.04 KiB | Viewed 237 times ]

This is one of those trades where someone gets up in the morning, scratches his balls on the way to the kitchen and says, "I think I'll make a trade today."

I hope the young fella doesn't turn out to play like his dad,

Alta_redneck @ Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:13 pm

Strutz Strutz:
So did anyone watch the NHL skills competition today?

Quite entertaining and it looked the players were all having a good time. Looking forward to the games tomorrow.

Go Pacific Division! [B-o]

The sports-net panel described it as a disaster until the Coyotes goalie scored through the centre hole in the board on the other net, from the other goaline. (length of the ice) :lol:

There was one other thing they thought help bring it back, I can't remember, perhaps Ryan Kesler's kid taking his dads turn in the shoot out and scoring on Carey Price through the 5 hole. :D

For me it was to many people with mic's, walking around getting interview after interview, and all of them asking the same questions.

Alta_redneck @ Thu Feb 09, 2017 6:00 pm

What are the Bruins doing to their team, they're only 8 points behind last year at this point in the season and they fire one of the best coaches in the league.

That might be why there appears to be more empty seats than ones that have an ass parked in them tonight.

Edit for new Info, there is a snow storm in Boston = empty seats :oops:

Alta_redneck @ Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:43 pm

Thank you Desert Dawgs, holy crap you just about threw that one away tho.

Previous  1 ... 44  45  46  47  48  49  Next