Canada Kicks Ass
NHL 2021/22 season

Previous  1  2  3  Next

Strutz @ Sun Dec 05, 2021 10:34 pm

Wow. The Canucks have tossed both the head coach Green, and GM Benning.

Did, but at the same time, didn't see that coming. 8O

Well, it could get better as it can't get any worse. Perhaps the replacements will find a way to light a fire under the players who should be, but for some reason are not, playing up to their potential.

xerxes @ Sun Dec 05, 2021 11:53 pm

It's kind of surprising considering the Canucks usually make this kind of move in the off-season.

But it had to be done. The team is stagnating and Green looks like he's lost the dressing room.

Zipperfish @ Mon Dec 06, 2021 9:57 am

Yeah, I didn't expect both to go, but after your team gets booed off the ice at a home game...

We'll see if Boudreau has any tricks up his sleeve. I'm starting to think that Pettersson is maybe just not that great, but maybe there's a system where we can see him dominate again.

Right move for the Canucks at this point.

Thanos @ Sat Jan 01, 2022 6:31 pm

Posting here as it's hockey. Juniors cancelled due to COVID, Russian team gets kicked off of plane back to Europe, Czech players caught in crossfire due to Russian boorishness on plane:

https://calgaryherald.com/news/russian- ... ary-flight

$1:
A New Year’s Eve flight out of Calgary headed for Frankfurt, Germany was held up for several hours due to a disturbance that saw the Russian and Czech World Junior hockey teams booted from the plane.

The Friday evening Air Canada flight took off close to 9 p.m., more than three hours after it was supposed to leave. Social media posts suggest an unruly Russian squad smoking and refusing to wear masks on the plane are to blame.

The Calgary Police Service confirmed officers responded alongside airport security due to an incident caused by players and staff members of the Russian team. CPS stated the whole flight was deplaned as officers dealt with the incident. The Russian and Czech teams weren’t allowed back on.

“The team of the Czech Republic and Russia was removed from the flight for violating the mask regime. Very strict rules,” Russian coach Sergei Zubov said in an interview with Russian newspaper Izvestia.

Czech team manager Otakar Černý denied his team was involved in the disturbance, saying it was caused by the Russian squad alone. He said his team was likely coupled in with the Russians by the flight crew due to the similarity of their sweatshirts, the only difference being the wordmarks.

“And practically only for that reason, they threw us into the same bag as the Russians and told us that the entire Czech and Russian expedition could no longer board the plane,” Černý told Czech news outlet iDnes.cz.

“Air Canada representatives apologized to us and at their expense arranged a hotel and a flight to Frankfurt at the same time a day later. They also assured us that we would not fly the same flight as the Russian hockey players.”

Too bad the guilt-by-association factor caused trouble for the Czechs. Typical Russian behaviour though, both in terms of how their sport federations operate in how their overall society encourages males to behave. This is what always happens when you raise young males in a shitty permissive manner that leads them to believe they're the centre of the universe & that not a single social & legal rule ever applies to them.

Strutz @ Sat Apr 30, 2022 1:39 pm

Well, not that many here even post in this thread, but the Stanley Cup playoffs begin on Monday.

Only 3 Canadian teams made it, which sucks. My guys only missed qualifying by 5 lousy points.

Round 1 is as follows:

Dallas vs Calgary
LA vs Edmonton
Nashville vs Colorado
Minnesota vs St. Louis
Pittsburgh vs NY Rangers
Washington vs Florida
Tampa Bay vs Toronto
Boston vs Carolina

xerxes @ Sat Apr 30, 2022 4:31 pm

Yeah it was a rough year for too many of the Canadian teams, especially the Habs. God help us all if the Leafs win.

Strutz @ Tue May 03, 2022 6:36 pm

xerxes xerxes:
Yeah it was a rough year for too many of the Canadian teams, especially the Habs. God help us all if the Leafs win.

Montreal is my #2 team to cheer for then Winnipeg, who didn't make it either...

If the Leafs win then they deserve to go over-the-top crazy. 55 years is 55 years after all. :lol:

raydan @ Tue May 03, 2022 6:58 pm

I'd consider a Leaf's win to be the price to pay for eliminating them last year, as long as Toronto doesn't win again for another 55 years.

Strutz @ Wed May 04, 2022 5:59 pm

raydan raydan:
I'd consider a Leaf's win to be the price to pay for eliminating them last year, as long as Toronto doesn't win again for another 55 years.

Spoken like a Montreal fan! :lol:

Strutz @ Mon May 16, 2022 5:14 pm

Round 2 set to go. It sucks that Toronto is out and Edmonton is playing Calgary so only 1 Canadian team will go forth to the 3rd round. :(

Unreal that 5/8 of the first round went the full 7 games, which just shows how closely competitive the match-ups were. While we didn't watch that many games in full what I did see from some teams was some pretty exciting hockey, especially the OT's which are always intense.

Round 2 is:

Calgary vs Edmonton
Colorado vs St. Louis
Tampa Bay vs Florida
Carolina vs NY Rangers

xerxes @ Wed May 18, 2022 9:25 pm

Calgary and Edmonton having an all star game score line tonight. 8O

Strutz @ Wed May 18, 2022 9:45 pm

Holy crap what a game 1 for the Edmonton-Calgary series.

Calgary wins 9-6 which is crazy enough without considering they out-shot Edmonton 48-28. 8O

DrCaleb @ Tue May 24, 2022 9:54 am

Strutz @ Wed May 25, 2022 5:55 pm

/\ cheeky pic there DrC. :lol:

I was shocked that Tampa took out Florida in 4 games. Didn't see that coming.

The Edmonton-Calgary series has been an exciting one to watch and I expected it to go 7games but I guess we'll see tomorrow...

Strutz @ Wed May 25, 2022 9:16 pm

The St Louis-Colorado game was a good one tonight. On the brink of being eliminated and down 3-0 St. Louis comes back and then wins it in OT 5-4. I always love it when the "under-dog" rises up and takes it to the favourite.

Previous  1  2  3  Next