Canada Kicks Ass
Stanley Cup Playoffs 2018

1  2  3  4  5 ... 8  Next

Strutz @ Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:48 pm

I've been feeling rather down about hockey in these last few days but the world goes on and the suns still rises and sets.

On the NHL site I noticed this article:

$1:
Jets win Cup in EA Sports NHL 18 playoff simulation

Defeat Bruins in seven games

https://www.nhl.com/news/winnipeg-wins- ... =287339198

That would be great but we shall see what happens. In the same article there are predictions for how it will play out round by round, according to EA anyway.

Round 1 begins tomorrow and there are some interesting matchups. Too bad there are only 2 Canadian based teams in the running this year and it's very likely that Boston will advance.

Predators vs Avalanche
Jets vs Wild
Golden Knights vs Kings
Ducks vs Sharks
Lightning vs Devils
Bruins vs Maple Leafs
Capitals vs Blue Jackets
Penguins vs Flyers

Anyone into making their own predictions for round one?

Unkelkennie @ Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:42 pm

The depth of the jets is unheralded in this day and age of the NHL. The Farm team plays on the same ice.. and just watch what comes up if someone goes down.( god Forbid) Im not religious but Lord Stanley has blessed these jets. I could leave this here but no, Im an ass. Winnipeg is almost half the size of the metropolitan areas of the other teams and look what happens. Im talking white out on the landing strip ( Donald Ave at minus 5 celsius )...The staff has put together talent that is unparalleled. The names that you hear will resound for years and maybe forever.. I may be drunk on Jets and not perfect. But the Jets are...Go Jets Go !!!!!!!

Unkelkennie @ Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:45 pm

Sorry you wanted a prediction ..JETS WIN THE CUP !!!!!!!!

Unkelkennie @ Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:48 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wEJCo5uIcVc

rickc @ Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:33 pm

HOT DAMN!!!! Vegas Golden Knights 4 to 0 over San Jose in the first period!!! [B-o]

xerxes @ Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:04 pm

And ended 7-0. There's a statement game if there ever was one.

Strutz @ Fri Apr 27, 2018 3:14 pm

Well round 2 has begun.

Winnipeg vs Nashville
San Jose vs Vegas
Pittsburgh vs Washington
Boston vs Tampa Bay

Round 1 results weren't too shocking though Toronto made the battle with Boston quite interesting and it looked like they were going to upset them. Would have been nice to see 2 Canadian based teams advance at least to round 2.

Thanos @ Fri Apr 27, 2018 3:20 pm

xerxes xerxes:
And ended 7-0. There's a statement game if there ever was one.

After last night it's hard to see anyone stopping Vegas. That was the sort of ass-whipping normally only seen during the era of the Gretzky Oilers or another similar super-charged dynasty team.

raydan @ Fri Apr 27, 2018 3:27 pm

Go Winnipeg, go Tampa Bay... the others I don't care who wins.

Hyack @ Fri Apr 27, 2018 5:55 pm

Outshot 20-4 the Jets still manage to take a 1-0 lead over Nashville heading into the 2nd period.........

GO JETS!!

ShepherdsDog @ Fri Apr 27, 2018 6:26 pm

32 to 9 shots on goal for Predators, and the Jets lead 2 - 0

ShepherdsDog @ Fri Apr 27, 2018 6:42 pm

3 - 0

Hyack @ Fri Apr 27, 2018 6:42 pm

Shots are now 36-16 at the end of the 2nd period and the Jets are ahead 3-0.... :D :D

Hyack @ Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:55 pm

The Jets win game 1 with a score of 4-1, The Preds outshot the Jets 48-19 and went 0/3 while on the PP, the Jets were perfect on their PPs going 0/0!

GO JETS!!

Strutz @ Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:38 pm

Hyack Hyack:
The Jets win game 1 with a score of 4-1, The Preds outshot the Jets 48-19 and went 0/3 while on the PP, the Jets were perfect on their PPs going 0/0!

GO JETS!!

That was quite the game. Good to see the Jets take game 1 in Nashville.

1  2  3  4  5 ... 8  Next