Canada Kicks Ass
Again, Gun Control!

Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

QBC @ Wed Sep 22, 2004 7:13 pm

The problem is Gonzo that almost all guns used in crimes are smuggled in from the US and are sold on the black market. Registering the guns of honest people won't stop crimes were guns are used. It's only a tax grab and a sound bite on the news so the boneheads in Ottawa can say their trying to make our streets safer.

Madman @ Fri Sep 24, 2004 10:28 pm

Every gun that is sold from a store is registered, banning guns will have no effect, legal guns are not the issue,

"Its simple, BAN all guns except for single shot rifles for hunting and farmers. Jail time and fines for those caught with one and Heavy jail time (10yrs) for criminals that carry one during a crime, loaded or not. Life sentence (30 yrs or more) if it is used in a crime. Easy. "

why dont we ban all cars eceppt for going to work, would save more lives?

I really hope you kidding, I would not like to assume you are that ignorant,
if you are kidding, you will probally agree with me on most of this,

the potential fine for possesing an illegal firearm exceeds your ideas, the court just dont back them up, you can get up to 14 years in jail for using a FAKE gun it a crime, the court need to start nailing these people to the cross, or maybe they should show the video of that guy in toronto, getting his head popped, maybe that will be a deterent, seeing the consequences that is(not to be insensitive to the family of the man who lost his (head)-life

http://laws.justice.gc.ca/en/C-46/41698.html

a single shot rifle can do alot more damage than a 9mm pistol, a 9x19mm(the 9mm everyone thinks of ) has 521 joules The .308 i have for target shooting has about 3600-3700 and is good out to 600 meters. never the less, ban guns, the firearm crimes will change very little, maybe 10% or less

Madman @ Sun Sep 26, 2004 8:51 pm

yes i rea your part, the laws are currently more severe than you would like,
I totally agree the laws need to be enforced.
cars kill way more people, who cares what they are designed to o, people seem so fixed on the deaths, well sorry its a small number,
more teenagers are killed a year in(by) cars than people fall victim to homocide by firearm, firarm homocides only constitute a small percentage of all homocides.

in england, the crime just shifted, or hey go to russia, knive deaths just went up. remove guns the crime will just shift its demograph

the crime is not related to the gun, its the enviroment, lifestyle.....
if someone is going to kill you, he will do it, the tool isnt the problem.
how bout banning knives, im sure they were made to kill originally, alot of things you use were made for war, or to make war more effecient

guns are used today to target shoot more than anything, 99.9% of gun use is perfectly leagal and harms no one.

the idea of making the laws stricte wont work, it does no address the problem, its just a social placebo to make people feel good, look what the registry has done, F$^& all, in fact i beleive gun crimes are up

and another thing, do you know with the new laws its actually easier to =get a hand gun!
try some statistics, go ban cancer, or atleast cure it

http://www.icbc.com/Inside_ICBC/Leading ... h%20(13-21)%201996-2002.pdf

just my rant, if you want to make the laws more enfoced, go nuts, i will help you, try to ban guns some more, i will fight you tooth and nail, its a waste of time and highly misdirected

QBC @ Sun Sep 26, 2004 10:43 pm

There are so many people in Canada that are involved in the shooting sports and don't use them for hunting or own a farm. People who don't own firearms and/or have never been exposed to them have a very different view than those of us that have had them our whole lives. I enjoy both target shooting and hunting. I shoot rifles, sporting clays and I also enjoy shooting my bow. There is no need for these foolish gun registry laws. They will not help stop crime in Canada. The police from all across Canada say that, the courts in most Provinces are not going to take any offender to trail because they realize that the laws is dumb, costly and why would they put someone in jail for not registering their hunting rifles. The government knows who all law abiding gun owners are without spending billions on a registry.

Madman @ Tue Sep 28, 2004 9:44 am

" You gun guys will do anything to hang on to your phallic symbols.", gimmi a break, is that all you got?

you chances of dying by knive are higher, and it would suck alot more

it seems you are basing you anti gun veiw on something other than logic, its pretty clear banning guns will not have any appretiable(SP) effect on firearm crime, as legal owners are not the problem.

why are you so anti gun, it seems you are forgetting crime is more a factor of nature/nurtur(sp) than the presence of some arbitrary tool, which presence in crime one of your proposals will do nothing to address

Madman @ Tue Sep 28, 2004 1:08 pm

so what they had lower murders by firearms,
their murder rate 0.0014%UK to 0.0015%CAN, is all but identical, doesnt seem to have any real effect effect
infact their total crime rate is higher, maybe it seems the opposite effect happened, or am I oversimplifying things? something you would not do right

it seems that noone has guns their robbery rate is twice as high, there property crime rate is higher, their frauds are way higher.......

dont open the box if your not ready for everything to come out

http://www.nationmaster.com/country/ca/Crime
http://www.nationmaster.com/country/uk/Crime

http://www.nationmaster.com/red/graph-T ... cap&int=26

figfarmer @ Tue Sep 28, 2004 3:13 pm

Anyone who thinks this story is about gun control; stop and smell the roses. This guy was somebody who beat members of his own family and our benevolent fathers,(The dirty mothers.) let him back out onto the street. We don't need gun control. What we need is to hang the worthless scum who are so whacked in the head that they will kill their own families. It is a non-survival trait and anyone showing indications of such shouldn't survive.

Madman @ Tue Sep 28, 2004 3:20 pm

$1:
Anyone who thinks this story is about gun control; stop and smell the roses. This guy was somebody who beat members of his own family and our benevolent fathers,(The dirty mothers.) let him back out onto the street. We don't need gun control. What we need is to hang the worthless scum who are so whacked in the head that they will kill their own families. It is a non-survival trait and anyone showing indications of such shouldn't survive.

damn straight

QBC @ Wed Sep 29, 2004 8:28 am

I'm going to have to research this a little better, but I don't have time as I'm going out of town today. This is just on memory of an article I read a couple of years ago. When Australia imposed a harsh gun ban, home invasions went up by something like 300% in the first six months. The scum that would commit a home invasion knew that there were no guns in the homes so they could just walk in and do what ever they want, why?, cause they still had guns. I'm sorry Avro, but guns laws will not save lives. They just impose rules on honest people. Ban guns, and it will be just like prohabition, any guy with a small metal laythe, like me, could build a gun in about an hour. You can cast your own bullets, make your own powder and you are armed again. Banning drugs has not stopped them from being on our streets and if you say they don't kill people, your nuts.

Ralph @ Wed Sep 29, 2004 8:58 am

Figfarmer you nailed it .
Go after the guys that kill leave the surreal hunters alone.

Previous  1  2  3  4  Next