Canada Kicks Ass
Enbridge Spills it Out Again

1  2  3  4  Next

cougar @ Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:59 pm

This is a pretty funny video which may not be up for a long time.

http://vimeo.com/44578857

Bodah @ Sat Jun 30, 2012 2:38 am

Foreign Environazis really need to mind their own fn' business.

Or I'm going to club another seal to death.

cougar @ Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:01 pm

You must be the guy in you avatar.
I have nothing in common with you. Go comment somewhere else.

herbie @ Sun Jul 01, 2012 11:34 am

What foreigners? That was Dan Murphy from the Vancouver Province, which caved into Enbridge's threat to pull their ads and took it down from their site.
Of course some people think ALL BC'ers are forigners cuz we don't want that crap leaking into our backyards and all over the Coast.

Gunnair @ Sun Jul 01, 2012 11:36 am

Bodah Bodah:

A strong supporter such as yourself will, I hope, be happy to welcome the pipeline I hope we shut down before it starts.

Gunnair @ Sun Jul 01, 2012 11:37 am

herbie herbie:
What foreigners? That was Dan Murphy from the Vancouver Province, which caved into Enbridge's threat to pull their ads and took it down from their site.
Of course some people think ALL BC'ers are forigners cuz we don't want that crap leaking into our backyards and all over the Coast.

Funny that.

East, baby, east!

Freakinoldguy @ Sun Jul 01, 2012 4:56 pm

Bodah Bodah:

Interesting. I guess I went from being so far right that I make Stockewell Day look like Mother Theresa to becomming a much better looking version of David Suzuki and all over a pipeline.

The reality is that most of BC myself included doesn't want a pipeline built that won't do sweet fuck all for us as a province and has the potential to do catastrophic damage to something as beautiful and diverse as Douglas Channel.

And for the record this isn't like the Newfoundland and Quebec's hydro deal. We aren't going to sign a pipeline agreement that gives all the benefits to another province while we assume all the risk and that's got nothing to do with the idiot brain dead EnviroNazi's it's just a fact of life.

Gunnair @ Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:01 pm

As painful as it is to say, I'd vote provincial NDP over this issue.

Freakinoldguy @ Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:23 pm

Even thinking about that makes me physically sick but I don't think it'll come to anything so drastic.

No Government here is going to commit political suicide by signing this deal in it's current form, unless of course our favorite Christie Cluck does it before she's booted from her ivory tower just to spite the people of BC.

andyt @ Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:43 pm

She has no interest in spiting the people. She wants to get re-elected in the worst way. The problem is she can't decide if she's left or right, because she has no values, just whatever will get her re-elected. So she'll go by whatever the polls and her advisers tell her to do.

So what sort of deal would make this OK for you guys? How much benefit should be get before the risk of oiling he coast is worth it? Personally I favor the Prince Rupert option, which would significantly reduce the risk to the coast, although of course there still needs to be some money in us for that deal to fly as well.

Freakinoldguy @ Sun Jul 01, 2012 7:48 pm

andyt andyt:
She has no interest in spiting the people. She wants to get re-elected in the worst way. The problem is she can't decide if she's left or right, because she has no values, just whatever will get her re-elected. So she'll go by whatever the polls and her advisers tell her to do.

So what sort of deal would make this OK for you guys? How much benefit should be get before the risk of oiling he coast is worth it? Personally I favor the Prince Rupert option, which would significantly reduce the risk to the coast, although of course there still needs to be some money in us for that deal to fly as well.

I'm pretty sure if we got to pick and choose where the pipeline went, where it disgourged it's contents, got alot more permanent jobs, were properly financially compensated and got enough money put away to pay for cleanups that wouldn't be necessary because we control the pipeline a deal could be made.

But even if we got those concessions, I'm still pretty sure some people still wouldn't want it. But here's a question.

If as part of the concessions we got the oil company to finance all required resources for homeless people, drug addicted, and disadvantaged in British Columbia, do you think the people of BC would take the deal.

And I do agree with you about Rupert. If we're gonna have this pipeline it's the most logical location on the coast IMO.

As for Christie, she's gonna wake up one day and discover that she's never, ever gonna get reelected and like the old saying goes "hell hath no fury like a woman scorned".

So I wouldn't be suprised if she got bought by big oil and the Federal Gov't to sign the deal before her untimely retirement, just like her predecessor did with the HST and his being given the High Commissioner to England job.

(Edited for spelling Commissioner as Commissionaire and aplogies to the Commissionaires for associating them with Gordo I can drive I only had a couple Campbell.)

herbie @ Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:34 pm

They'd have to both sweeten the pot and smarten the pot. Forget Kitimat for starters, and this BS chopping the Coast Guard and gutting Environment Canada while pushing the pipeline on us at the same time... COME ON !!!!

cougar @ Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:51 am

herbie herbie:
They'd have to both sweeten the pot and smarten the pot.

Even if they pay BC any money, I do not see what difference this would make to the average Canadian. This would just put money into the pocket of the BC government, as opposed to the Alberta government or the federal government.

Making it smarter? Other than shipping oil south of the border instead of across the Ocean, I see no other much smarter solutions.

Gunnair @ Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:42 am

Freakinoldguy Freakinoldguy:
Even thinking about that makes me physically sick but I don't think it'll come to anything so drastic.

No Government here is going to commit political suicide by signing this deal in it's current form, unless of course our favorite Christie Cluck does it before she's booted from her ivory tower just to spite the people of BC.

Her conspicuous silence on this screams pro-Enbridge. She won't admit it until after a successful election bid.

She and the Libs have got to go, and if the BC Cons support Enbridge, then it'll have to be NDP because I know they will not support it.

Even then, I'd expect environmentalists and natives to do what they can legally and illegally to shut it down (Carmanah II here we come) and they'd also have my support.

Send it east or send it south.

Gunnair @ Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:45 am

Freakinoldguy Freakinoldguy:
andyt andyt:

I'm pretty sure if we got to pick and choose where the pipeline went, where it disgourged it's contents, got alot more permanent jobs, were properly financially compensated and got enough money put away to pay for cleanups that wouldn't be necessary because we control the pipeline a deal could be made.

But even if we got those concessions, I'm still pretty sure some people still wouldn't want it. But here's a question.

If as part of the concessions we got the oil company to finance all required resources for homeless people, drug addicted, and disadvantaged in British Columbia, do you think the people of BC would take the deal.

And I do agree with you about Rupert. If we're gonna have this pipeline it's the most logical location on the coast IMO.

As for Christie, she's gonna wake up one day and discover that she's never, ever gonna get reelected and like the old saying goes "hell hath no fury like a woman scorned".

So I wouldn't be suprised if she got bought by big oil and the Federal Gov't to sign the deal before her untimely retirement, just like her predecessor did with the HST and his being given the High Commissioner to England job.

(Edited for spelling Commissioner as Commissionaire and aplogies to the Commissionaires for associating them with Gordo I can drive I only had a couple Campbell.)

Frankly, I don't think it'll be possible to sweeten this deal enough for acceptance. All it takes is a lot of stock footage of Douglas Channel and news reports of the recent spills in Alberta and on the Kalamazoo to make this a no one situation for Enbridge. And although Rupert is a better place, it's still North Coast and has its own issues.

Even then, the pipeline has to cross BC and its rivers, lakes, and streams.

No fucking way.

1  2  3  4  Next