Canada Kicks Ass
Here's 1 way.

1  2  Next

Disgusting1 @ Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:55 am

Call me crazy.
Hear me out on this.
It would work like this.

Since we are a heavily watched society anyway, camara's and microphones everywhere wouldn't it make sense to put them to other uses other than just BIG BROTHER watching us.
Imagine if everyone had a "bank" account with there own card, seperate from there personal day to day chequing and savings acount.
Where you can make money buy doig good deeds.

For example

-Hold a door open for someone - credit 5 cents

-Help an elderly or disabled person cross the street - credit 25 cents

-Pick up some trash and put it in the closest garbage bin - credit 10 cents

-Shovel your neighbours drive-way after it just got blanketed with 4 feet of snow -credit 1 dollar

-Helped a single parent make ends meet -credit 5 dollars

-Let someone into your lane on the Highway during rush hour - credit 2.50 dollars

-Make sure a drunk chick at the bar gets home safe without getting pillow pounded -credit 10 dollars.....mmmm pillow pounding drunk chicks......make that - credit 50 dollors

I call this system....Creditocracy.

Guy_Fawkes @ Sun Oct 16, 2011 11:04 am

I think you should put the bong down.

Brenda @ Sun Oct 16, 2011 11:14 am

Correct spelling: priceless

CDN_PATRIOT @ Sun Oct 16, 2011 12:44 pm

Brenda Brenda:
Correct spelling: priceless

ROTFL

+1 for making me fall off my chair laughing.....again!

-J.

Bruce_E_T @ Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:16 am

Hi Crazy.

Nice idea but totally impractical. The massive costs to set up, maintain and monitor such such a system render it just a pipe-dream, so to speak. [titanic]

You will have to stick with "Virtue is its own reward" :)

RumRunner @ Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:29 am

Think you been spending to much time with:

Psudo @ Thu Dec 22, 2011 3:44 am

Disgusting1 Disgusting1:
Call me crazy.
Crazy. Okay, now I'll read the rest of the post.

Disgusting1 Disgusting1:
Imagine if everyone had a "bank" account with there own card, seperate from there personal day to day chequing and savings acount.
If there were some disagreement about whether someone's actions fit the scenario on the price list, would there be some official way to judge one way or the other? If so, wouldn't the judgement (court?) system quickly get backlogged?

There's a big difference between getting everything on tape and determining what's going on in the video.

I think your heart is in the right place, but the idea is completely impractical and impossible to implement. A better way would be for folks to watch out for their neighbors, remember their good deeds and reward them for them. Spreading around responsibility for it would make it far easier to implement. It would require people to volunteer and go out of their way to get to know and help their neighbors, but that seems to serve the same purpose; getting people to treat each other better. Feel free to give that a catchy name, make a Facebook fan page, and promote it as a movement.

PostFactum @ Thu Dec 22, 2011 3:54 am

So, what idiot will pay for that? Government in a face of tax payers as always?

DrCaleb @ Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:26 pm

Disgusting1 Disgusting1:

I already do these things. I call the system 'self respect'.

andyt @ Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:28 pm

sockittomesockittomesockittomesockittome... R-e-s-p-e-c-t Come on.

2Cdo @ Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:30 pm

Why do you feel that someone should pay you for being a good citizen? I do a lot of those things now because that's what good citizens do.

Strutz @ Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:39 pm

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
Disgusting1 Disgusting1:

I already do these things. I call the system 'self respect'.

Exactly.

No one should even consider being "paid" for being a decent person who can put others ahead of themselves and lend a hand to another person. Sometimes it's the small things that matter, such as holding a door open for someone or letting someone ahead of you in a line-up.

The best "payment" for a good deed done is for that person to, in turn, do a good deed for someone else. What a nicer world we could live in if everyone kept this trend going.

DrCaleb @ Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:45 pm

Strutz Strutz:
The best "payment" for a good deed done is for that person to, in turn, do a good deed for someone else. What a nicer world we could live in if everyone kept this trend going.

+1. That's actually the theme of one of the books by the Dhali Llama. 'Think about what affect your actions have on others before you do them. Be sure the effect is a positive one.'

When I was young, I learnt a very old saying. "Women get the wall, men get the wheel." Which confused the heck out of me, because it sounds nasty. But it comes from very old times, before roads had dedicated 'sidewalks' and people found they had to share the road with horses and buggies.

And that's what I follow. I always walk on the 'road' side of the sidewalk, so my companion doesn't have to.

OnTheIce @ Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:06 pm

Disgusting1 Disgusting1:
Call me crazy.
Hear me out on this.
It would work like this.

Since we are a heavily watched society anyway, camara's and microphones everywhere wouldn't it make sense to put them to other uses other than just BIG BROTHER watching us.

For example

-Hold a door open for someone - credit 5 cents

-Help an elderly or disabled person cross the street - credit 25 cents

-Pick up some trash and put it in the closest garbage bin - credit 10 cents

-Shovel your neighbours drive-way after it just got blanketed with 4 feet of snow -credit 1 dollar

-Helped a single parent make ends meet -credit 5 dollars

-Let someone into your lane on the Highway during rush hour - credit 2.50 dollars

-Make sure a drunk chick at the bar gets home safe without getting pillow pounded -credit 10 dollars.....mmmm pillow pounding drunk chicks......make that - credit 50 dollors

Just be a good person and don't be the douche that expects to get paid for being a good guy.

BartSimpson @ Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:27 pm

PostFactum PostFactum:
So, what idiot will pay for that? Government in a face of tax payers as always?

As long as it's in Zimbabwe dollars I'd be happy to pay for the whole damned program. :lol:

1  2  Next