Canada Kicks Ass
Muslim woman's bra photo sparks controversy

Previous  1 ... 4  5  6  7  8  Next

martin14 @ Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:14 pm

$1:
a woman who also wears a head scarf saying she had peeled the artwork off the wall.

Thanks Hyack, I am shocked to read that. :roll:

Someone should slap that dumb bitch and put her ass on a plane.

herbie @ Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:18 pm

Slippery slope. Next thing they'll be advertising tampons, yeast creams and douches on Saudi tv...

ShepherdsDog @ Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:03 pm

SprCForr SprCForr:
I'm saddened by how much political correctness and the fear of offense is stifling free expression and how willing people are to go along with it.

Sorry. The system won't let me rep you. This is exactly my point. Too much tolerance is shown to towards those who are intolerant.

2Cdo @ Sat Apr 14, 2012 5:59 am

Brenda Brenda:
I had written a reply, but whatever. It ain't even worth it.

Because you're initial statement was f*cking dumb. The fact that you won't admit you dropped the ball says something about you. :roll:

Bodah @ Sat Apr 14, 2012 7:09 am

It's oxymoronic actually,respect the "fuck you" tents.

Tyler_1 @ Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:14 am

MeganC MeganC:
I found the picture and I don't get what the douche Saudis are worried about.

It looks to me like a lady shopping for bras.
I do think bras are borderline evil things, but I don't get the problem... are they not allowed to wear underwear? 8O

Brenda @ Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:00 am

DonnaWho DonnaWho:
are they not allowed to wear underwear? 8O

Exactly. Depending on how strict the religion is followed. It is known that in Somalia, wearing a bra might get you a whipping. Saudi Arabia is not necessarily lenient with their interpretation of Sharia law.

andyt @ Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:12 am

I ran this by my token Muslim buddy. He laughed and laughed. His wife will hold up a bra while shopping so he can tell her how it looks. Of course she's in western clothes, and he's not devout. He also told me that in SA, the women like to wear Victoria's Secret under their bags. So this whole fuss is unbelievably stupid.

And for those who brought up nuns, would a nun folding her laundry including a bra bring up any sort of controversy? I don't think so.

Tyler_1 @ Sat Apr 14, 2012 12:09 pm

Brenda Brenda:
DonnaWho DonnaWho:

Exactly. Depending on how strict the religion is followed. It is known that in Somalia, wearing a bra might get you a whipping. Saudi Arabia is not necessarily lenient with their interpretation of Sharia law.

Well that has to be one of the dumbest laws ever.
"To be a good woman you must cover your bad sexy self with a thin black covering from head to toe, but hey baby, stay naked underneath or else we will beat you like a dog." [huh]

I feel so lucky to be made in Canada. :)

herbie @ Sat Apr 14, 2012 12:15 pm

What's more offensive, a picture of a woman washing her underwear or implying they don't wash them?
It actually counters the old joke comparing their women to Robert Luongo....

martin14 @ Sat Apr 14, 2012 5:16 pm

DonnaWho DonnaWho:
Brenda Brenda:
DonnaWho DonnaWho:

Well that has to be one of the dumbest laws ever.
"To be a good woman you must cover your bad sexy self with a thin black covering from head to toe, but hey baby, stay naked underneath or else we will beat you like a dog." [huh]

I feel so lucky to be made in Canada. :)

Let's make sure it stays that way.

ShepherdsDog @ Sat Apr 14, 2012 7:36 pm

$1:
It is known that in Somalia, wearing a bra might get you a whipping.

using Somalia as an example is not recommended...even the saudis think they are Stone Age barbarians. In wealthier Muslim countries, women are dressed normally under their tarps. They only wear them when they go out in public, not a home amongst family. Again, the local culture would be a factor too. I doubt most dirt poor Ethiopian Christian or Jewish women wear bras too.

Tricks @ Sat Apr 14, 2012 7:57 pm

You know when the Saudis think people are Barbarians they're a lost cause. :lol:

raydan @ Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:57 am

Spot the error... :D

BartSimpson @ Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:59 am

:lol:

Previous  1 ... 4  5  6  7  8  Next