Canada Kicks Ass
Quebecer calls Alberta firing discrimination

1  2  Next

grainfedprairieboy @ Wed Mar 07, 2007 11:04 pm

Quebecer calls Alberta firing discrimination

OK, so they discovered he was from Quebec, it's not as though he was gay or something......wait a minute......

Mr_Canada old @ Thu Mar 08, 2007 2:04 am

You can lose your job for not speaking English?

Well, in all fairness, I bet you'd lose your job in Quebec if you couldn't speak French.

And now, in justice, this IS wrong.

Mr_Canada old @ Thu Mar 08, 2007 2:05 am

lily lily:
I wonder when all the Newfies will get fired. ;)
They'll have to get hired first.... ;)

:P

Brenda @ Thu Mar 08, 2007 2:15 am

I guess it's legally not the right thing, but maybe, when you go to another place than home, it might come in handy if you spoke the language they do...

DrCaleb @ Thu Mar 08, 2007 9:12 am

Mr_Canada Mr_Canada:
You can lose your job for not speaking English?

No, you are given a safety test first thing before you are allowed on site. The guard conducting the test basically gives you the answers during the presentation. You have to be a complete retard not to pass the test, or not speak english.

If you flunk the test, you are not allowed on site. Usually this means the company you work for has no work for you to do, and you are 'let go due to lack of work'.

If you fail to pass the test, odds are you will die while on site. It wouldn't be responsible to let such a worker on site. It's not about that he speaks french, it's that he doesn't speak anough english, and is a hazard to himself and his co-workers.

fire_i @ Thu Mar 08, 2007 12:06 pm

The guy should learn English if it's necessary for the job. It's that simple, really. There's no discrimination there.

The only way I could see discrimination is if other people who barely can speak English were employed anyway thanks to either receiving a questionnaire in their own language or not needing to pass the questionnaire, but both possibilities seem incredibly unlikely.

Numure @ Thu Mar 08, 2007 12:20 pm

What an idiot. He goes in Alberta looking for a job, and doesnt even speaks english. He's an idiot. And deserved every once of whats happenning to him.

ridenrain @ Thu Mar 08, 2007 12:59 pm

He's a perfect example of dependance and entitlement and I'm sure he'll find a perfect home in some level of the government.

grainfedprairieboy @ Thu Mar 08, 2007 1:48 pm

ridenrain ridenrain:
He's a perfect example of dependance and entitlement and I'm sure he'll find a perfect home in some level of the government.

Perhaps he could lead the Liberal Party? I understand everybody in Quebec eventually gets a turn.

Richard @ Thu Mar 08, 2007 6:21 pm

fire_i fire_i:
The guy should learn English if it's necessary for the job. It's that simple, really. There's no discrimination there.

The only way I could see discrimination is if other people who barely can speak English were employed anyway thanks to either receiving a questionnaire in their own language or not needing to pass the questionnaire, but both possibilities seem incredibly unlikely.

I have seen this in Mackenzie where an East Indian fella was going to lose his job because he didn't understand english. He went to court and they had to create a job out in the yard on a loader for this individual. It can take years to get a yard posting this guy did it in less then a year.

xerxes @ Thu Mar 08, 2007 6:45 pm

Someone needs to tell this guy it isn't discrimination if you don't have it coming.

ridenrain @ Thu Mar 08, 2007 6:48 pm

How did he get the job in the first place?
I'm sick of that sort of crap and I can't blame the lawyers because their weasles and will push as far as they can. This is the judges who allow this sort of rubbish.

canadian1971 @ Thu Mar 08, 2007 6:53 pm

lily lily:

LOL...they love us up here....and who can blame them! :lol: Newfies are awesome!

CDNBear @ Thu Mar 08, 2007 6:54 pm

I'm bleeding profusely from the gash in my tongue, whilst I type this. As much as it is killing me to say this, this stinks, he has a point and he shouldn't have been fired...

Gotta run off and boil my head for side with a Kebecer now....

canadian1971 @ Thu Mar 08, 2007 7:25 pm

lily lily:
canadian1971 canadian1971:
lily lily:

LOL...they love us up here....and who can blame them! :lol: Newfies are awesome!

That you are..... but I think most of your charm comes from the fact that no-one can understand a word you're saying. :D

Gawn bye' yer fooish.

:lol:

1  2  Next