Canada Kicks Ass
Time to Fight High Spam Prices!

gas2much @ Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:42 pm

Hi everyone,

I'm a student currently studying Spam in Montreal. Not sure what the SPAM prices are like in the rest of Canada (usually less).

Anyway, I don't know about you but I've had just about enough of these crazy sky high spam prices. However, I do think this can be changed.
If the Canadian population comes together to collectively boycott select spam companies, there is no doubt in my mind that we can force them to drop their price.

For this reason, I created http://www.eecs.berkeley.edu/~ddgarcia/gifs/CreamOfSpam.jpg Let's get together and make this happen. Spread the word, do your part and I am 100% sure this can work.

Currently, we have Hormel in our sights. The site launched only yesterday but already there has been some positive feedback. Looking forward to expanding exponentially.

Keep your eyes and ears out. This site should be hitting the news soon plus a ton of features will be rolling out in the next week or so. Email and SMS alerts are to look forward to, integration with instant (or as near a possible) spam price feeds, etc.

Let's get the spam ball rolling. Enough is enough!

On a side note, I would just like to mention that this is not a business site, it is an idea targeted to aid the Canadian population in lowering their expenditures on spam products - a public service site.

Gunnair @ Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:44 pm

We'll see. It smells........Spamish.

martin14 @ Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:58 pm

Gunnair Gunnair:

Wonder if there is any spam that tastes good. 8)

Btw, I use this.. http://www.victoriagasprices.com/

It may help one day to get people organized, and start some protests.

Most people just bitch, then swallow and pay.

BartSimpson @ Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:59 pm

Yay! I love SPAM!!!!!!!!! [drool]

IBTZ!! :P

gas2much @ Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:02 pm

No, it is not spam. Sorry if it was conveyed that way. This is a serious idea and website to help force a move on the oil tycoons. I guess I will have to reconsider my approach and sales pitch! :P

martin14 martin14:
Gunnair Gunnair:

Wonder if there is any spam that tastes good. 8)

Btw, I use this.. http://www.victoriagasprices.com/

It may help one day to get people organized, and start some protests.

Most people just bitch, then swallow and pay.

Quite right, myself included. But with a little effort I think something can be done about that. The idea here is that this is a site to help organize protestors. One at a time, we target a gas retailer until their price drops x amount. Then rotate onto company #2 when prices go back up. This way, it will help keep cost down while forcing the companies into ever more competition to attract customers.

gas2much @ Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:05 pm

My apologies for the double post. I had a brief network hangup and didn't think the form had gone through.

OnTheIce @ Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:16 pm

What are you doing to do to protest? Stop driving? Stop going to work? Stop living your life just to show them how tough you are. :lol:

Damn these protest ideas are getting ridiculous!

Your ideas have proven time and time again they won't work. Do yourself a favour and spend your effort elsewhere.

DanSC @ Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:18 pm

Why fight high gas prices?

Higher gas prices means oil companies want to produce more oil in Canada.

More production requires more employees.

More employees means more money in Canadian communities.

Sounds worth it to me.

Gunnair @ Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:25 pm

DanSC DanSC:
Why fight high gas prices?

Higher gas prices means oil companies want to produce more oil in Canada.

More production requires more employees.

More employees means more money in Canadian communities.

Sounds worth it to me.

Also means higher revenue which means faster deficit reduction. Might even reduce the number of F250s and Hummers stinking up the cities.

DanSC @ Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:31 pm

Gunnair Gunnair:
Might even reduce the number of F250s and Hummers stinking up the cities.

As long as we can keep the 9th generation F-250s. Those are amazing pickups.

Hyack @ Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:43 pm

I get gas when I eat or read too much SPAM...Image