Canada Kicks Ass
Breaking! Iran shot down US drone

Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6

Sunnyways @ Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:20 pm

The Iranians can be provoked into a war they will lose. Trump has to realize that Pompeo and Bolton may not be too concerned about the effect such a military victory may have on his re-election chances.

Martin15 @ Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:03 pm

Sunnyways Sunnyways:
The Iranians can be provoked into a war they will lose. Trump has to realize that Pompeo and Bolton may not be too concerned about the effect such a military victory may have on his re-election chances.

I'm sure he does, because the war machine doesn't care about who is President,
it is irrelevant to them.

Historically, though, I think war is good for re-elections in general in the US.

llama66 @ Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:42 am

Martin15 Martin15:
Sunnyways Sunnyways:

Historically, though, I think war is good for re-elections in general in the US.

Depends on how many U.S. Servicemen the war-machine has sent off to die. Johnson, and Nixon were the only two presidents to serve more than one term during the Vietnam era. Both only barely made it through one year of their second term.

Sunnyways @ Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:25 am

Martin15 Martin15:
Sunnyways Sunnyways:

Many of his supporters, from Carlson down, are against foreign wars. One thing they are certainly not is neocons. If this war happens it will be because the administration made it inevitable, so the self-defence line of argument will be weak.

Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6