Canada Kicks Ass
Pakistan/South Asia Khabrein (news)

Previous  1 ... 13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  Next

Fighter @ Wed May 01, 2019 11:34 am

:lol: :lol: :lol:

This is hilarious....There were just so many memes about caputred IAF pilot Abhinandan and related stuff....

Josh means Anger/confidence/pumped up

Fighter @ Wed May 01, 2019 11:39 am

llama66 llama66:
He probably can't if he worked for agencies that end in "A". He's probably NDA'ed and under the equivalent to the Official Secret's Act, which'll mean for the right clearance he'll tell you; otherwise... behold the cone of Top Secret silence.

I got it, sir.

I was just being naughty... :mrgreen:

Always thought that he definitely has some background because his posts made me feel that and also his knowledge.

llama66 @ Wed May 01, 2019 11:43 am

Fighter Fighter:
llama66 llama66:
He probably can't if he worked for agencies that end in "A". He's probably NDA'ed and under the equivalent to the Official Secret's Act, which'll mean for the right clearance he'll tell you; otherwise... behold the cone of Top Secret silence.

I got it, sir.

Always thought that he definitely has some background because his posts made me feel that and also his knowledge.

Never know unless you ask, I have a few friends that are USN. I know they work on Subs and that's as far as I'm willing to go.

Fighter @ Wed May 01, 2019 11:53 am

llama66 llama66:
Fighter Fighter:
llama66 llama66:

I got it, sir.

Never know unless you ask, I have a few friends that are USN. I know they work on Subs and that's as far as I'm willing to go.

Great [B-o]

As far as I am concerned, I don't have any friends who are in armed forces...But I will love to have to.

I have great respect for professional armed forces around the world...

Just look how the chat went b/w captured Indian pilot and investigating Pakistani major. The video which got viral.

Class they have...

As much as I mock Indian armed forces and Abhinandan over here....I do regard them a very lethal capable enemy and professional to core....

Pakistanis do respect Indian army, we just don't like them when they kill Kashmiris....

Fighter @ Thu May 09, 2019 12:05 pm

Indians...Don't act like assholes under Modi government. You won't impress us from your huge man power army, your lies and high defence budget.

Always Remember what happened on 27th Feb 2019...

Pakistan is in no mood of fucking around.

Captured Indian pilot, got released and rejoined his organization

Look at them :lol:

I respect that pilot Abhinandan...No hard feelings against him.

Stupid Indian army

Chai means Tea....Such a expensive tea Abhinandan had.

Costed a full fledged fighter jet Mig-21 :lol:

Fighter @ Thu May 16, 2019 9:38 am

Offshore drilling at Kekra-1 near Karachi coast completed

ISLAMABAD: A joint venture of four oil exploration companies has completed the offshore drilling process near Karachi coast on Indus G-Block (Kekra-1) after four months. A consortium comprises of, ExxonMobil, ENI, Oil and Gas Development Company, and Pakistan Petroleum Limited conducting the drill stem test to determine the real size of the oil and gas reserves in the Kekra-1 well, located around 280 kilometers away from Karachi, sources said.

The planned drilling of 5,470 meters was achieved at a cost of Rs14 billion. The Drill Stem Test (DST) would be completed in the next three days. After the completion of the DST, a report will be prepared about the total quantity of the oil and gas reserves within a week, sources further said.

In initial estimates, the availability of around nine trillion cubic feet of gas with a large quantity of oil was assessed in the Kekra-1 well. Due to the critical situations faced in the Kekra-1 well drilling, the exploration venture had to spend an additional $100 million in order to procure surplus steel and cement etc to drill the Kekra-1 well in another direction.

The actual quantity of the hydrocarbon reserves would be made during the next ten days, sources said. Necessary infrastructure in the sea would be deployed for oil and gas exploration if the price of total deposits quantity will be more than $10 billion, an official said. If the quantity of the reserves will be in line with the estimates, Pakistan’s import bill could be decreased by $6 billion annually, experts said.

https://www.pakistantoday.com.pk/2019/05/15/offshore-drilling-at-kekra-1-near-karachi-coast-completed/

I am salivating on this [drool] May Allah give HUGE oil to us and MOST importantly the ABILITY to effectively utilize for betterment of society.

Pakistan urges US and Iran to show restraint

ISLAMABAD: Voicing serious concerns over the deepening crisis in the Persian Gulf, Pakistan on Thursday urged Iran and the United States to show restraint as any “miscalculated move can transmute into a large-scale conflict”.

Speaking at a weekly news briefing in Islamabad, Foreign Office Spokesperson Dr Muhammad Faisal said recent developments in the Persian Gulf region were disturbing.

He emphasised the need for resolving all issues through peaceful dialogue and engagement by all sides.

“The US decision to deploy aircraft carrier and bombers has added to the tensions and the existing precarious security situation in Middle East,” Faisal said. “We expect all sides to show restraint as a miscalculated move can transmute into a large-scale conflict.”

His statement came against the backdrop of heightened fears of a clash between the US and Iran. The US has recently sent an aircraft carrier and a bomber taskforce to the Middle East in response to what officials called “a credible threat” by Iranian regime forces.

Saudi Arabia said that several of its oil tankers had been damaged in mysterious “sabotage attacks” after US warnings that Iran could target shipping in the region.

Observers believe that any serious conflict between Iran and the US would test the diplomatic skills of Pakistan, which has close ties with Iran’s arch rival Saudi Arabia but at the same time does not want to antagonise the neighbouring country.

Sensing the gravity of the situation, Foreign Minister Shah Mehmood Qureshi recently admitted that Pakistan needed to evolve a clear strategy on the Iran-US tensions. He went on to say that Pakistan would not join any camp in case of a conflict broke out between the Tehran and Washington. Qureshi noted that Pakistan would evolve its strategy keeping in view its best national interests.

Meanwhile, the spokesperson said the UAE government had decided to release 572 Pakistani prisoners languishing in their jails. “Our mission in the UAE is in touch with the UAE authorities in order to expedite their release and deportation,” Faisal said.

He also said that soon a good news would be shared regarding the release of Pakistani prisoners from Saudi jails. Saudi Crown Prince Muhammad bin Salman during his visit to Pakistan in February had agreed to release over 2,000 Pakistan prisoners, held over minor crimes, at the request of Prime Minister Imran Khan.

The spokesperson also confirmed that 50 Pakistanis were deported from the United States on Wednesday through a chartered flight.

On the current situation in Kashmir, Faisal strongly condemned the Indian atrocities, saying the valley had been turned into a military camp, “where people are under siege, facing injustice, harassment and barbarism”.

The spokesperson asked India to stop “misleading international community on Kashmir dispute and accept the ground realities and aspirations of the people of Kashmir.”

https://tribune.com.pk/story/1974530/1-pakistan-urges-us-iran-show-restraint/

Pakistan rupee crash: Government likely to slash amount of cash carried abroad by individuals from $10,000 to $3000

Prime Minister Imran Khan formed a special committee to check devaluation of rupee

Dubai: Pakistan is considering to impose restrictions on the amount of US dollars that can be carried out of the country by individuals, following record devaluation of rupee on Wednesday.

A special committee formed by Prime Minister of Pakistan Imran Khan to check the rupee devaluation, has been given the task to ascertain whether the provision of carrying $10,000 by anyone who travels abroad from Pakistan can be slashed down to $3,000 as proposed by the Exchange Commission of Pakistan (ECAP).

ECAP president Malik Bostan said that by restricting the amount of cash carried abroad by individuals, $2bn could be injected into the local economy every year.

"Remittance rush in UAE"

Meanwhile, more Pakistani expatriates are rushing to banks and money exchange houses in the UAE to remit money back home in the wake of record fall in Pakistan rupee against US dollar.

The value of Pakistan rupee against one UAE Dirham has reduced to all time low to Rs39.48 on Thursday compared to Rs38.2 a couple of days ago. Bankers say the rupee is likely to fall more in coming days.

The value of the US dollar against the rupee touched all-time high to approximately Rs148 in the interbank market.

The greenback's was valued at Rs141.5 Wednesday morning, but suddenly climbed Rs6.50 to hit a historical peak with speculations that the rupee will further slide.

“We have seen a good increase of people coming to remit money to Pakistan today,” said a salesman at an exchange company in Dubai. He said more people are sending money for family needs.

The benchmark KSE-100 index of stocks fell 1.4%. The currency has plunged more than 20% in the past year, making it the worst performer in Asia, according to a basket of 13 currencies compiled by Bloomberg.

The stock exchange blood bath and rupee devaluation happen three years days after the government of Prime Minister Imran Khan reached an agreement with the IMF for about a $6 billion loan designed to help the country avert an economic crisis. The lender had said in the statement "a market-determined exchange rate'' will helpthe economy.

"Why the rupee slides"

Abbas Masud, Ex- Executive Vice President of United Bank Limited (UBL) in Dubai, told Gulf News that Pakistan Rupee fell approx 5% today (Wendesday) because of a combination of factors; a decision to totally remove any State support (which was already lessened by the current Goverment) to the currency, as well as negative sentiment, both in lieu of the perceived conditions set in the latest IMF-Pakistan agreement.

He added:"Decline in the fortunes of Pakistan Rupee, was expected in any case, as it was artificially propped up by previous governments. The decline in rupee could for sometime at least lead to further inflation, with the increase in the cost of imports. However, this would provide a boon to exports and also an increase in home remittances; though the inward remittances for investments, may be held back till the prognosis for the economy becomes more clear"

Decline in the fortunes of Pakistan Rupee, was expected in any case, as it was artificially propped up by previous governments - Abbas Masud, Ex-Executive Vice President of United Bank Limited

"IMF deal impact"

Most of the currency dealers and experts have already expressed their disappointment over the undisclosed conditions agreed between the IMF authorities and the government.

“Fears of further devaluation as a result of the agreement with the IMF have depressed the currency market and the rupee may lose more against the greenback in the coming days,” Secretary General of Exchange Companies Association of Pakistan Zafar Paracha had said on Monday.

The rate in the interbank is considered the official exchange rate but the open market rate fluctuations and shortage of dollars sometimes compel the State Bank to change the exchange rate. The SBP usually uses banking rates for devaluation of the rupee.

"Prime Minister forms committee"

Following the collapse of rupee to all time low against US dollar, Prime Minister Imran Khan has set up a committee to control devaluation of the local currency and capital flight from Pakistan.

The committee headed by Adviser to the PM on Finance Dr Hafeez Shaikh was formed on Wednesday during a meeting in which members of the Exchange Companies Association of Pakistan (ECAP) apprised the prime minister about various factors involved in capital flight and devaluation of the rupee against the dollar. The governor of the State Bank of Pakistan (SBP) is a member of the committee, Pakistani media reported.

https://gulfnews.com/uae/pakistan-rupee-crash-government-likely-to-slash-amount-of-cash-carried-abroad-by-individuals-from-10000-to-3000-1.1557999630378

FIA busts another Chinese human smuggling cell in Pakistan

RAWALPINDI: The Federal Investigation Agency (FIA) on Tuesday busted another human smuggling cell being run by Chinese nationals.

Fifteen Chinese nationals including a woman were arrested by FIA Rawalpindi accused of trafficking Pakistani girls to China. The gang was led by a Chinese national Song Chuaoyang who was also arrested.

Two Pakistani girls were recovered from the accused. A Christian and two Muslims girls were earlier sent back to their parents by the FIA authorities.

The prime accused a Pakistani national, Anas Butt, and eight Chinese nationals have been transferred to Faisalabad from Lahore. Butt maintains that he is just a coordinator and translator of the Chinese nationals and is not involved in any of their crime.

According to Deputy Director FIA Kamran Ali, the Chinese nationals were involved in fake marriages with Pakistani girls and later using them for prostitution and organ removal.

On Monday, FIA busted a racket of Chinese nationals involved in trafficking Pakistani girls to China by contracting marriages.

Deputy Director FIA Jamil Ahmad Khan Mayo said authorities, as part of a crackdown against foreigners involved in illegal activities in the country, arrested eight Chinese nationals from Lahore airport and other areas on the charges of trafficking young women to China after marrying them.

According to the official, the suspects, with the assistance of Pakistani agents, contracted marriages with unsuspecting local girls and then trafficked them to China where the victims were forced into prostitution.

They said the suspected leader of the ring is the son of a Punjab Police officer, who had fled when a raid was conducted for his arrest. The officials said the suspected ring leader has acquired interim bail until May 13.

https://www.geo.tv/latest/236552-fia-busts-another-chinese-human-smuggling-cell-in-pakistan

Fighter @ Thu May 23, 2019 8:46 am

Farishta: Outrage over Pakistan child murder

Farishta went missing on 15 May but police did not formally register a case until 19 May

The family of a 10-year-old Pakistani girl who was abducted and murdered have said they were ignored by police when they tried to report her missing.

They say police told them the child might have eloped, and they were made to carry out errands for officers

Farishta vanished in Islamabad on 15 May and a body believed to be hers was found on 20 May.

Police are investigating if she was raped and tortured, and protests are being held to demand justice.

The individual police officers involved deny wrongdoing.

Hundreds protested in central Islamabad on Tuesday calling for justice.

The case has been compared to the rape and murder of six-year-old Zainab Ansari in January 2018 - which sparked outrage and protests across the country. Calls for action are being made on social media, under the hashtag #JusticeFor Farishta.

What do the family say?

"The police didn't help us at all," Farishta's father Ghulam Nabi told the BBC at Tuesday's protest, which blocked a major intersection. "They would ask me to clean their office, to move their furniture, and to go get fruit for their Iftar [fast-breaking] dinner from the market.

"I was so distressed during those [four] days that I couldn't tell night from day."

Farishta's father says police did not take the case seriously

On Wednesday, a case was formally registered against several police officials, alleging negligence. The chief of Shahzad Town police station, Muhammad Abbas Rana, has been suspended.

But he defended his and his officers' conduct, saying they had pursued the case and interviewed the family and neighbours on 16 May. He said the family were responsible for the delays in registering the case and that they did not follow it up properly. He denied they had been made to clean the police station.

Separately three people have been arrested in connection with Farishta's disappearance, Dawn newspaper reports.

The city haunted by a spate of child killings
Pakistan hangs six-year-old Zainab's killer
A formal investigation was only launched on Sunday after a politician raised the case with the inspector general of Islamabad police.

The mutilated body of Farishta was found the following evening, triggering complaints that her life could have been saved had the police acted promptly.

Mr Nabi said that Mr Abbas Rana had initially refused to register a case - known as an FIR - telling him that his daughter might have "eloped with someone of her own free will". Mr Rana denied this.

Farishta went missing on Wednesday 15 May after she went out to play in the eastern Islamabad neighbourhood where her family lives. She did not return as expected when the evening call for prayer began at the local mosque - signalling the breaking of the daily fast.

At that time, families gather for a meal known as Iftar - and Farishta's absence triggered a panic.

After scouring the neighbourhood and checking with friends, her family went to the police to file a missing person report.

On Monday evening, their worst fears were realised when Farishta's body was found. After being told that the doctor meant to conduct the autopsy was on leave - and so it would be delayed - the family decided to stage a sit-in at the hospital.

They were joined by leaders and activists from the Pashtun Protection Movement (PTM), a group which advocates for the rights of Pakistan's minority Pashtun community, to which Farishta's family belongs.

They come from Mohmand, in north-west Pakistan, and are among tens of thousands of families displaced by Pakistan's war on terror in that region.

"The dead body lying in this coffin is not just mine but everybody's daughter," said Mr Nabi.

Reporting by the BBC's Usman Zahid.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-48364434

:evil: :evil: :evil:

DrCaleb @ Thu May 23, 2019 8:50 am

That incident has a strong similarity to our 'Missing and Murdered Womens' inquiry.

Girl reported missing, police do nothing, body turns up. Sad cycle. :(

raydan @ Thu May 23, 2019 8:58 am

Maybe it's time for the new Prime Minister in Pakistan to step in.

I'm curious, are you Pashtun, Fighter?

Fighter @ Thu May 23, 2019 9:35 am

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
That incident has a strong similarity to our 'Missing and Murdered Womens' inquiry.

Girl reported missing, police do nothing, body turns up. Sad cycle. :(

:(

Now even army is jumping in and offering support in this - I hope all state apparatus uses all its force to stop this evil.

I don't have any sister but I know and observed how parents love their daughters.

No parents deserve this.

Angels are being plucked away from garden continuously :cry:

raydan raydan:

I hope not, sir....He is the best man ever happened in Pakistani politics where politicians generally make people fool.

He is the most honest guy out there and really cares for poor.

He built cancer hospital for poor through philanthropy when he was not PM.

raydan raydan:

Yes, sir...I am.

Pashtun of Yusafzai tribe

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yusufzai

That's another thing that I am though Pashtun but barely have any idea of Pashto (language of Pashtuns) and other aspects of culture of Pashtuns.

I am Pashtun only in name. There's an explanation why is that.

What made you curious? :)

raydan @ Thu May 23, 2019 9:45 am

Fighter Fighter:
raydan raydan:
I hope not, sir....He is the best man ever happened in Pakistani politics where politicians generally make people fool.

raydan raydan:
Yes, sir...I am.

That's another thing that I am though Pashtun but barely have any idea of Pashto (language of Pashtuns) and other aspects of culture of Pashtuns.

That wasn't anything negative on Khan, fighter. "Step in" means to do something about the police problem. It's the some here sometimes, the police don't seem to take it seriously when minorities are involved.

Since the girl is Pashtun and you seemed a bit more "passionate" as usual about this, I thought you might be Pashtun... seems I was right.

Fighter @ Thu May 23, 2019 9:59 am

raydan raydan:
Fighter Fighter:
raydan raydan:

raydan raydan:
Yes, sir...I am.

That wasn't anything negative on Khan, fighter. "Step in" means to do something about the police problem. It's the some here sometimes, the police don't seem to take it seriously when minorities are involved.

Since the girl is Pashtun and you seemed a bit more "passionate" as usual about this, I thought you might be Pashtun... seems I was right.

Oh...Now, I got it.

I thought you were talking how this PM should be replaced and new PM takes over :D

Police all over needs to upgrade their standards. State must help police dept. to overcome challenges.

It really doesn't matter if a Pashtun girl or Punjabi girl in Pakistan gets affected....All are angels of my Pakistan. Regardless of ethnicity, I feel as compassionate for this girl as I would be for any other girl in Pakistan or in world.

DrCaleb @ Thu May 23, 2019 10:04 am

Fighter Fighter:

raydan raydan:

Yes, sir...I am.

I was going to ask . .as in "Malala" . . but it's in your link.

R=UP R=UP

raydan @ Thu May 23, 2019 10:13 am

Gujju Khan... Khan seems to be a popular name in that neck of the woods.

Fighter @ Thu May 23, 2019 12:20 pm

raydan raydan:
Gujju Khan... Khan seems to be a popular name in that neck of the woods.

:lol:

Yes, it is. Mostly used as Surname.

Mostly Pashtuns and to some extents Punjabis have that surname.

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
Fighter Fighter:

raydan raydan:

Yes, sir...I am.

I was going to ask . .as in "Malala" . . but it's in your link.

R=UP R=UP

[B-o]

I am going little way beyond on this as the topic has been started on this.

A little long post...Hope you guys don't bother much :)

My name doesn't have title of Yusafzai....

What Malala is, a real Pashtun...She speaks Pashto and know who she is....She knows about her community far well than me.

Let me put this simple.....There are two kind of Pashtuns.

1. Original ones i.e Malala etc. Those who speak Pashto and do everything associated with Pashtun culture.

2. Processed ones (exposed to different culture) .... my category.

We both are Pashtuns....and even have same tribe Yusafzai but there is a huge difference difference b/w both groups.

Those Yusafzais who never migrated, remained in their territory in north of Pakistan and in Afghanistan for centuries. Lets call them original Yusafzai (Pashtuns).

While Indianized Pashtuns like me.....What my forefathers did was can be said Migration. A full fledged one.

Centuries back, my forefathers left their lands and migrated to now Indian cities....Hyderabad Deccan, Mumbai, Agra, Lucknow etc. We then become used to of cities.

My forefathers, at that time, intermingled with local Indian Muslims in such a huge way that they forget their own Pashto language and adopted Urdu - the language of Indians in those times. Urdu was very close to Muslims. Hence probably why my forefathers adopted this.

They continue to lived over there for God knows how many centuries.

Then came partition of 1947....A separate homeland for Muslims - Pakistan, about to be formed. Then my forefathers, like millions of Muslims, decided to migrate to Pakistan. Since they were living in cities in India, when they come to Pakistan, they chose Karachi, a port city chilling right next to Arabian sea.

Now my both forefathers from paternal side are no more and we their young generation is living in Pakistan. And can be said, as a nation, will continue to live in Pakistan as this is now our home that our forefathers adopted.

This is not my story only...Karachi is filled with people like me. Since quite immigrants in 1947 adopted cities of Sindh province i.e Karachi, Hyderabad, Sukkur etc.

We, in Pakistan are called, by fellow Pakistanis; a Urdu speaking people. Descendants of migrants. This is how we are categorized over here among Sindhis, Punjabis, Baloch, Kashmiris and Pashtuns etc.

One of the most educated/cultured people in Pakistan as said by my fellow Pakistani friends belonging to different ethnicities :)

So, now you can get me that despite that I am a Pashtun.....I have zero idea about my ethnicity's traditions and language but I have great interest in history of my community. It generates very good curiosity to know about my people...I do compare my original people and my exposed ones. Difference can be seen.

In Pakistan and around the world, people and researchers have this view about Pashtuns.

1. Loyal and honest.

2. Extremely brave and fierce.

3. Never accepting foreign domination.

4. Always ready to fight for nation and religion.

5. Almost all Pashtuns and their tribes are Muslims, Hardly anyone gonna find Non Muslim
Pashtuns.

6. Their women are camera shy and don't come much on TV.

7. Extremely good looking and physically very strong. Among all tribes of Pashtuns, we Yusafzais stand out in good looks according to many people over here :D

8. Different theories about their origin. Either they are of Aryan/Greek origin or offspring of Qais Abdur Rashid or they are one of ten lost tribes of Bani-Israel and there are other theories as well which I am missing.

Note: Pukhtoon/Pashtun/Pathan.......all are different names of same community/ethnicity. Pathan is word widely used in Pakistan/India to refer us....Correct word is Pashtun/Pukhtoon :)

Previous  1 ... 13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  Next