Canada Kicks Ass
Why Japan is Shrinking Fast

Previous  1  2

DrCaleb @ Sat Dec 25, 2021 8:56 am

CDN_PATRIOT CDN_PATRIOT:
I'm in no way playing the victim here. I'm asking, no -imploring- you to set a better
example as a mod of this forum.

I have broken no rules of this forum. But you continue to insist I have. If it walks like a duck . .

CDN_PATRIOT CDN_PATRIOT:
Also....

opinion.jpg

That is the quick definition of an opinion. When I post an opinion I'm technically
not wrong as it's a personal viewpoint. When you post an opinion, it's
technically not wrong as it's a personal viewpoint.

A person's opinion is logically always correct. I have never written that you shouldn't hold a certain opinion. I simply show you where your opinion doesn't correspond with the facts. And totally will bring up where your opinion is likely not your own, but parroted from someone else.

CDN_PATRIOT CDN_PATRIOT:
Why can't you just accept this and move on? We're not professionals debating in front of
an audience. We don't have extra letters at the end of our names and aren't arguing the
finer points of anything important because our jobs depend on it.

We are two people providing opinions in a forum on the internet. I respect that
everyone here has different opinions, do you? I'm starting to think that for you, this is
a matter of ego and trying to either save face or a need to have the last word.

Respect everyone else's opinion, or move on. The choice is yours.

-J.

I debate because I think the other person is capable of seeing a reasoned argument. So I try to show them where their opinion is not aligned with facts. I am also willing to explain things that they don't understand. I have always respected you and your right to hold an opinion. You can choose to hold your current opinion, or you can be right. ;) I do this because I think you are smart enough to see that when you can't explain why you hold an opinion, that perhaps you don't understand the issue correctly. Or perhaps you have simply taken that viewpoint because someone else expressed it, and it fell in line with what you believe, so you adopted it as your own.

If you feel that challenging your belief system is 'bullying' then sure, no problem. I will never again respond to one of your posts, unless you are replying to one of mine.

CDN_PATRIOT @ Sat Dec 25, 2021 9:44 am

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
I have always respected you and your right to hold an opinion. You can choose to hold your current opinion, or you can be right. ;) I do this because I think you are smart enough to see that when you can't explain why you hold an opinion, that perhaps you don't understand the issue correctly. Or perhaps you have simply taken that viewpoint because someone else expressed it, and it fell in line with what you believe, so you adopted it as your own.

Honestly, it hasn't felt that was as of late. From my perspective, it has seemed as if you've had some kind of vendetta when it comes to me and my posts. I'm not saying I don't
understand some issues properly, but I still have opinions on them sometimes. I might not have all the information, but I have enough for a thought process, and I will usually research in the background (if necessary). Not everyone follows the same process of gathering information, you know.

Also, unless I say I'm sharing someone else's viewpoints, my opinions are my own. One of the reasons I like CKA is because of all the viewpoints and the discussion around them. Yes, some people here have strong opinions (hopping back and forth over the border to insanity from time to time), but it is what it is.

I like reading what others here have to say, and I have three people on my foes list because them seem to have jumped into the deep end, so to speak, and I find their posts to be either in poor taste, or offensive enough for me to stay away and not get worked up. I find out about current events more from this forum and it's contributors than most media sources, as I find people here to have better insight than mass media.

Aside from that, the banter here is always fun and worth being a part of.

-J.

DrCaleb @ Sat Dec 25, 2021 10:55 am

CDN_PATRIOT CDN_PATRIOT:
DrCaleb DrCaleb:
I have always respected you and your right to hold an opinion. You can choose to hold your current opinion, or you can be right. ;) I do this because I think you are smart enough to see that when you can't explain why you hold an opinion, that perhaps you don't understand the issue correctly. Or perhaps you have simply taken that viewpoint because someone else expressed it, and it fell in line with what you believe, so you adopted it as your own.

Honestly, it hasn't felt that was as of late. From my perspective, it has seemed as if you've had some kind of vendetta when it comes to me and my posts. I'm not saying I don't
understand some issues properly, but I still have opinions on them sometimes. I might not have all the information, but I have enough for a thought process, and I will usually research in the background (if necessary). Not everyone follows the same process of gathering information, you know.

From my perspective, we've been agreeing on many things, but you've been posting some things lately that just can't stand. Things that need to be addressed. Perhaps it's because you've been posting more questionable things lately that I have been calling you out on it. And that is also why I have offered to explain things if you feel it might help. But I'm not going to waste my time if you aren't willing to listen.

CDN_PATRIOT CDN_PATRIOT:
Also, unless I say I'm sharing someone else's viewpoints, my opinions are my own. One of the reasons I like CKA is because of all the viewpoints and the discussion around them. Yes, some people here have strong opinions (hopping back and forth over the border to insanity from time to time), but it is what it is.

And that is why I ask you to explain them. To figure out if you arrived at your opinion (that is exactly like someone elses') by researching things and drawing your own conclusion, or if you have simply adopted an opinion you agree with. Cognitive bias is a powerful thing. I had hope that when you were unable to explain how you came to a certain conclusion, that you'd realize you didn't know enough about it to form the opinion in the first place.

If you can't explain it, that is usually when that opinion is one you picked up instead of researching. But I can't tell you that, you have to do the work yourself. I can only lead.

CDN_PATRIOT CDN_PATRIOT:
I like reading what others here have to say, and I have three people on my foes list because them seem to have jumped into the deep end, so to speak, and I find their posts to be either in poor taste, or offensive enough for me to stay away and not get worked up. I find out about current events more from this forum and it's contributors than most media sources, as I find people here to have better insight than mass media.

Aside from that, the banter here is always fun and worth being a part of.

-J.

I too like the conversations we have, both you and I, and everyone else. I have one on my blocked list, and he really earned that place. I really don't like to block the opinions of others, but that guy was just a big ball of hate. I am better off for it. That's what the blocked list is for.

Previous  1  2