Canada Kicks Ass
Canadian immigration policies

jf90 @ Mon Aug 20, 2018 2:40 pm

Canada discriminates against immigrants with disabilities, this is something the U.S. (not even Trump) does not do. If you would like to learn more please read and if you want sign the petition to repeal this policy. https://petitions.ourcommons.ca/en/Peti ... ion=e-1813

Freakinoldguy @ Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:47 pm

jf90 jf90:
Canada discriminates against immigrants with disabilities, this is something the U.S. (not even Trump) does not do. If you would like to learn more please read and if you want sign the petition to repeal this policy. https://petitions.ourcommons.ca/en/Peti ... ion=e-1813

Yup and given that English apparently isn't your primary language I'm guessing you're one of them.

What you want is basically called medical tourism with no end date, where you come to Canada and avail yourself of our not so free health care system to fix all your health issues. You know, the one that everybody else paid through the nose all their working lives for and which is now starting to collapse because of misuse.

Here's a better solution for you. Go to America if you think they're so accommodating or, try and find one of these guys who'll help you get the free medical assistance you think is your right. :evil:

http://www.doctorswithoutborders.ca/

And have yourself a nice day. [B-o]

jf90 @ Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:07 pm

I am American (born and raised) and I have a Ph.D. in biology. My wife got a job in Canada so I gave up a good job and we moved to Canada. After 6 months of waiting to get my work permit and not being able to work, they told me I was inadmissible because I have M.S. You might be surprised but there are very few people who move to Canada for insurance, I had better insurance through my government job in the U.S.

N_Fiddledog @ Mon Aug 20, 2018 5:30 pm

If this is true, this bit does seem like it needs some tweaking:

$1:
The assessment of “excessive demand” is a cost assessment of the disability but not the individual. It ignores contributions of the individual and family to Canadian society;

The rest of the petition is less impressive including the bit where Jenny Kwan is your sponsor.

I'd rewrite your petition with less bafflegab if I were you. Otherwise we're all going to think this is just another sneaky trick to get us to finance the sick of the 3rd world.

But yeah, if some can show how they don't need or want Canada to finance their pre-existing conditions and can put it in writing that they won't demand our charity as a right once they're here, I'm with you. I don't see why we should hinder those exceptions.

Tricks @ Mon Aug 20, 2018 6:55 pm

jf90 jf90:
You might be surprised but there are very few people who move to Canada for insurance, I had better insurance through my government job in the U.S.

I wouldn't be surprised at all, since we don't have insurance. We have nationalized health care. You don't need insurance to get care that doesn't bankrupt you.

uwish @ Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:21 pm

jf90 jf90:
I am American (born and raised) and I have a Ph.D. in biology. My wife got a job in Canada so I gave up a good job and we moved to Canada. After 6 months of waiting to get my work permit and not being able to work, they told me I was inadmissible because I have M.S. You might be surprised but there are very few people who move to Canada for insurance, I had better insurance through my government job in the U.S.

Phd or not, you would prove to be a burden on the system. Sucks, but that isn't the end you can challenge the decision and goto a hearing. I know a few immigrants that brought their entire family over, some with special needs. You just have to declare that your illness won't impact the system by underwriting that anything related to your pre existing condition will be paid for by you and or your spouse.

Simple, if your not hear for medical tourism, shouldn't be a problem then should it.