Canada Kicks Ass
Forgot to introduce myself

Gonzo @ Wed Jun 09, 2004 9:07 pm

I've been ranting and raving so much on this awsome website that I forgot to intoduce myself. I'm a radical left wing anarchist for the Green Party whos soul purpose is to destroy the economy and live with the tree people. Truthfully, I'm from ottawa where I studied animation. Then my girlfriend and I moved out here to Victoria. Victoria is not where the animation studeos are so I'll probably move out to Vancouver when my girlfriend is finished her work here.
Here is a list of my favourite Canadian bands.
The Inbreds
Blue Rodeo
54/40
The Gandharvas
The Rheostatics
The Pixies (so good they might as well be Canadian, though they're from Boston)
The Hip
Neil Young
Cory Hart (when I was a kid, come on, who didn't like sunglasses at night?)
BTO
The Guess Who
I'm sure I'm forgeting someone. My favourite PM was Trudeau because he flipped protesters the bird. How cool is that? He also did a piroette behind the queen. I like the Sens for the next NHL season and I think the youth have lost there way.
Damn teenagers with there rap music and ecsatsy. I'm only 28 but I still dont get them, with there low rise jeans and there Hillary Duff.
Also, how do you get those cool pictures beside your name? I want to do that.

mingless @ Thu Jun 10, 2004 11:38 am

Okay, I'll throw in my hat too.

I'm from Alberta, but I work in Korea for the time being. I am a staunch Stephen Harper supporter because I am afraid of the scary left-wing agenda.

I know in my heart the Oilers will bring the Cup home sooner than later.

I don't own a gun, but I support your right to have one.

I listen to Johnny Cash, Hank Williams Sr., Loretta Lynn, Conway Twitty, The Nitty Gritty Dirt Band and all other great country musicians.

I like long moonlit walks on the beach and cuddling by the fire - heh, just jokin'.

I have a Prime Minister, not a President - but I think I'd rather have a good leader.

I speak English and French, but no one else in my hometown does.

I say "aboat", not "aboot" - and I hate it when people work so bloody hard to prove that they "always" say "about".

I believe in policing, not peacekeeping, because it works better; that assimilation and diversity are not mutually exclusive; and that the pronghorn, or buffalo, or just about anything is a better national symbol than a beaver.

A toque is a toque is a toque. I don't know anyone who has ever used the word "Chesterfield" to refer to their sofa. And, I admit, it is pronounced ZED.

Canada is the first nation of hockey, and contains the best part of North America - dear sainted Alberta!

My name's mingless, and I'm way more Canadian than the artificially-contrived Joe.