Canada Kicks Ass
Help. Looking for Maples, Beavers, Schooners,...

1964-D-Peace @ Sun Mar 27, 2005 1:35 pm

...Caribou, Coat-of-Arms Motifs, Loonies and Twoonies. ^_^

Anyway, pleased to meet you all!
I live in the United States, formerly in the state of New York and now in New Jersey. If I'm too be categorized I'd probably best fall under the "Moderate" entry, although how I sympathize with others on the political spectrum is greatly dependant on my loathing for blatant disrespect. I admire Canada (always have) and am trying to best to soak up as much information as I can about its people, history, culture and geography before my first true foray into the country this summer. A little before 2001, I had a timetable set in place that would hopefully see me established and contributing to the Canadian economy by 2012. Despite the untroubling events of these past few years, I still worry about rushing things.

Unless i haven't made it terribly obvious yet, I love coins and tangible currency in general. Having firmly established a respectable American collection, I am now building my Canadian coin collection, and will hopefully follow suit with a Mexican and then a Euro collection right after. I find coin-collection to be very therapeutic and helpful, offering an excellent incentive to save, admire beautiful artwork, analyze diverse viewpoints, learn foreign languages and study history. Among other things, I'm proud to own MS varieties of all 12 of Canada's provincial quarters (+ the Nunavut Twoonie), a complete collection of all Philly state quarters up to California, and all Mexican 100 Peso state coins released to date (except Jalisco).

BTW, anyone willing to Google up my screen name/callsign may get the connection of the seemingly odd name (1964 was most definitely NOT a peaceful year in my country) with this whole "coin thing".

Thank you all for having me on board and I hope to join some interesting dicussions with you.

DMP08 @ Tue Mar 29, 2005 3:04 am

Welcome. I'll ship you a penny, nickle, dime, quarter, loonie and toonie. Not willing to part with any bills, but coinage, heck, they give us enough of it. Welcome, and enjoy yourself.

1964-D-Peace @ Tue Mar 29, 2005 5:32 am

With all standard change finally accounted for [woo-hoo!], all that's left now is my eternal quest for CND half dollars.... ^-^

And aw heck, why not some heavy-duty Maple Leaf bullion while I'm at it! ^_-

DMP08 @ Wed Mar 30, 2005 2:38 am

I think I actually have a Canadian half dollar. Limited edition collector type thing. Heck, I'll toss in some Canadian tire money for you :lol:

hamm_y @ Wed Mar 30, 2005 3:36 am

1964-D-Peace 1964-D-Peace:
With all standard change finally accounted for [woo-hoo!], all that's left now is my eternal quest for CND half dollars.... ^-^

Do you have the Remembrance Day quarter?

1964-D-Peace @ Wed Mar 30, 2005 10:38 am

hamm_y hamm_y:
1964-D-Peace 1964-D-Peace:

Do you have the Remembrance Day quarter?

Teehee.... ^__^

Canada's vs. America's involvement in WW1

Remember/Souvenir... -_-

1964-D-Peace @ Wed Mar 30, 2005 10:50 am

DMP08 DMP08:
I think I actually have a Canadian half dollar. Limited edition collector type thing. Heck, I'll toss in some Canadian tire money for you :lol:

Doumo Arigatou and Thank You Very Mucho! I can finally buy tires galore! ^.^

Currently I ownly have 6 CND half dollars, but I'm allocating enough funds to change that. I understand the last minted circulation-quality half dollar was the 2002 commemorative with EII wearing the imperial state crown. After that it seems like mintage has stopped completely, but what I'd like to know is if that means they've been withdrawn from circulation COMPLETELY. No one in the U.S. likes half dollars, but the Mint still produces them (and loves to sell them to collectors for abusively-high markups) and they still appear in circulation once in a blue moon.

Or at least wherever I do business... given my quest to [B}RE[/B]introduce them into circulation.
MWAHAHAHA!!! ^V^

1964-D-Peace @ Wed Mar 30, 2005 10:53 am

Darn formatting tags..... X_X

Anyway, general question for visitors:

Since there seem to be quite a number of CF-105 Avro Arrow fans around, does anyone have the actual $20CND commemorative coin for it? ^_^