Canada Kicks Ass
My Intro; UglyYank

UglyYank @ Mon May 17, 2004 12:42 pm

Hi there, it's me, UglyYank, a citizen of the most loathed and hated country that ever existed from the beginning of time to date. To me that is the most fasinating current phenomenon faced today and one that I looked forword to discussing.

But there's more...

If you thought of hating Americans before, you gonna love to hate this one:) I'm conservative. In other words, a typical SUV driving ugly American.

But I have a soft spot for those poor unfortunates north of the 49th.

So, nice to meet you, and thanks. I do like this website, it's hilarious.

UY

Johnnybgoodaaaaa @ Mon May 17, 2004 1:53 pm

Is this a joke? Wouldnt surprise me if you are really a Canadian....

Regina @ Mon May 17, 2004 2:09 pm

Dearest Ugly, why be so hard on yourself? We, and I guess I will certainly only speak for myself, don't hate you. Hate is an awful strong word to be used toward one another around here, but I'm sorry you feel that way. Certainly other parts of the world may feel that way but why lump everyone into the same category....Canada is a long way from Iraq. I would think that the only real hatred comes from your foreign policies or lack of them. They are not the same.
Since your country is only 200+ years old, I would not consider that the beginning of time.......others have been around much longer, and are where most current north Americans originated from.
Why would anyone hate you because you're a conservative...big deal. We have them on both sides of the border. Am I to be disliked because I too am a typical SUV driving Canadian? Don't think so.
While I'm glad you are showing some concern for the unfortunate, please don't waste your time including anyone north of you.....we don't need it. You should concern yourself with those who truly need it. What is important to you there, are not necessarily the same things that are important to us. Hard to imagine......but it's true!

The uninformed piss people off on both sides of the border.

UglyYank @ Wed May 19, 2004 4:28 am

Regina, Being hard on myself? Hardly. I was merely making comment on the current "hate America" trend that I find interesting. Most of this hate is directed out of the leftist leaning nations. The same nations that preach "tolerance."

Regina @ Wed May 19, 2004 7:19 am

I don't think at this point of time it's just the "leftist" nations.....and who are these leftist nations anyway? Again it's not Americans they dislike, it's foreign policy that the republicans have failed in and their lack of diplomacy with other countries.
Canada has always been involved in conflict either before the US has been or with them, but there's a reason we are only in Afghanistan and not in Iraq as a fighting force....actually that's not entirely true. We have soldiers in Iraq, it's just that we're not supposed to know about it. We like to project a peaceful image while we kill people.

Non-Rev @ Wed May 19, 2004 11:03 am

"But I have a soft spot for those poor unfortunates north of the 49th."

And just what, Sir, makes us "unfortunates", in your mind?

TheChick @ Wed May 19, 2004 1:40 pm

He's baiting...ignore him.
I'm getting tired of the constant trying to one up each other. It's an irrelevent argument and it generally just reduces into cursing match and personal insults.

Johnnybgoodaaaaa @ Wed May 19, 2004 2:01 pm

TheChick TheChick:
He's baiting...ignore him.
I'm getting tired of the constant trying to one up each other. It's an irrelevent argument and it generally just reduces into cursing match and personal insults.

I agree with TheChick about the tiresome arguement of trying to one up one another, but you have to know that Canadians are just as guilty of it as Americans. Figfarmer, in another thread, just told me that it takes 15 Americans to do what 4 Canadians can do better. I'm sorry, but doesn't that imply, "Canadians are better than Americans?" When will this petty, illogical arguement stop?

Hopper @ Sat May 29, 2004 12:09 pm

I also agree with The Chick. Hating someone gives them too much power, and much more than they deserve.

Don't waste your hate on the new ugly guy........