Canada Kicks Ass
Need help.. and Hi again.

Laconfirold @ Sat Oct 02, 2004 9:11 pm

Hey all! Anyone remember me? Well, I know, and hope some of you remember me.. (Blair?) Anyway, I'm back! Somewhat. For the longest time (like several months) I could not connect to www.canadaka.net and I do not know why. Anyway, long story short, I looked up the site again and I could connect! Sweet!!! Now then, the problem I now face is that my account is no longer working. Account name is Laconfir, and when I try and login it says that the account no longer exists. When I try to register, it says that the email is already in use. Any ideas? I hope to be able to come back and become a regular poster again, like in the past. Anyway, cya!

Canadaka @ Sat Oct 02, 2004 11:15 pm

your account is still here, i can't see what your old password is, i can't see anyones, there all encrypted. but i can reset your password to something new. probably not best to post the new password here, so email me at trevor@canadaka.net. glad to see you back!

Do you happen to use a Mozilla based browser?

LaconfirHi @ Sun Oct 03, 2004 8:10 pm

Thanks alot! I'll be sending you an email as soon as I finished this. I am now using Firefox as my browser. When I went offline I was using IE and everytime I tried to connect to the forums or anything other then the main page, a fatal error would come up. Anyway, thanks!

LacinfirHi @ Sun Oct 03, 2004 8:14 pm

And btw, I haven't had any problms so far while using Firefox.

LaconfirHi @ Sun Oct 03, 2004 8:31 pm

BTW I just tried signing into my account with IE and same thing.

LaconfirConfused @ Mon Oct 04, 2004 12:12 pm

Well, thanks for the new password Trevor.

However, I tried it but it didn't work again, on both IE and Firefox. I have been thinking of what it could be that is stopping it.
In both Firefox and IE it says that there is an error. In IE it says the page can not be displayed. In Firefox it says "PHP has encountered an Access Violation at 01920AFD". I have a McAfee Firewall up so maybe that is what is blocking it. Any ideas?

LaconfirOMG @ Mon Oct 04, 2004 12:23 pm

Hey again! I'm probably getting annoying by now. I disabled my firewall (something I should have done before posting last) and well, it doesn't help things. Yeah.

Rev_Blair @ Mon Oct 04, 2004 4:23 pm

Hey, Laconfir. I was wondering what happened to you just the other day. How do you like FireFox...I love it.

I can't help you with the tech stuff...I had a similar problem with my account a while back, but Trev sent me a new password and everything was dandy after that. Maybe make sure that Firefox isn;t trying to sign you in automatically under the old password...I had that problem at another site back when I was still using IE. I changed my password at the site, but IE was still trying to sign me in under the old one.

Laconfir @ Mon Oct 04, 2004 7:53 pm

Well! I did it!

I tried what you said and it didn't work at first. And then I gave up and started working on school work. So I came back and tried again and w00t! I win! I'm back!! This deserves a new introduction/re-introduction post!!

Canadaka @ Mon Oct 04, 2004 8:34 pm

im starting to lean more towards its a hardware issue with the server not having enough resources, since its completely random when it decides to do this login stuff. probably when the site is really busy.

I ordered another 512mb of ECC ram for the server, should be here in a week or so. remember you can always help out with donations :)

Laconfir @ Mon Oct 04, 2004 9:28 pm

I'd love to donate, I have the money. Unfortunatly, my parents are controlling over how I spend, and will not allow me to use paypal account. Although, maybe I do not need them, if someone could explain to me how to use a paypal account. I was told that I need my own bank account, which I have, but my parents control it. The rest of my money is kept with me.

DMP08 @ Tue Oct 12, 2004 12:33 am

You could do what I did when ordering my 4 T-shirts, 6 bumper stickers and plush moose (all of which I LOVE!)...just go to the post office and ask for a money order. They charge only like 2 dollars more than your actual amount. Then you can just mail it to Trevor. Once I get some money back (I had to pay $1000 into my car [$700 insurance, $300 brakes and new tires] I want to donate)