Canada Kicks Ass
Wannabe Canadian says hello

Wannabe @ Sat Oct 08, 2005 6:31 pm

Hello friends,

The name's Kevin and it's great to visit this wonderful site. I'm a 26 year old American who's been obsessed with your finest country in the world since I was a boy. Perhaps it's the hockey, maybe the progressive society, it could be the beer, or the comedy, even the greater respect for civil liberties, could be the lovely women, no- it's the people. I've too many reasons to love Canada but that's what it all comes down to; her considerate and wonderful people. I hope to be one of you someday and for a while I was a student in Vancouver. My Amercan peers suspect insanity when I visit Toronto on spring breaks. I don't care, I know what's up there.

Hope to make a few new friends here. I'm a music school student who speaks nearly-fluent French and yeah, I listen to Jorane; not afraid to admit it. I've a huge Canadian flag hanging from my front window which has not come down since Bush won re-election. At any rate, instead of listening to a CBC radio stream on the internet with my morning coffee maybe I'll be able to dunk a fresh Timbit and enjoy a DuMaurier someday for good. Pleased to meet you! :)

Peace
Kev

nomad37 @ Sat Oct 08, 2005 6:49 pm

Hi Kev, and welcome!!!
I think I understand where you're coming from - well said! You'll probably find most people here to be considerate, and some occasionally become, well... enthusiastic. ;-) But it's definitely a fun and interesting site; hope to see you in the forums. Enjoy!

Joe_Stalin @ Sat Oct 08, 2005 7:17 pm

Welcome comrade.

The Hoser @ Sat Oct 08, 2005 7:42 pm

Good Day Eh, and welcome to the site. I'm Hoser. Nice to meet you.

But hey, here's an idea eh? Get some of your American pals too come across the border. If they don't wan't to come, come down here yourself. Bring back a few 2-4s of real Canadian beer (None of this 'import' crap), get em' good and loaded, and leave them in the middle of Toronto. When it only takes them 5 minuits too find somone willing too take them all the way too Kentucky we might have ourselves a few new citizens, eh?

Till then, keep your stick on the ice, keep working on the music, and enjoy life, eh?

Joe_Stalin @ Sat Oct 08, 2005 8:44 pm

We need some live red necks up here. Offset the influx of Teddy Chappaquiddick Kennedy types.
Mebbe...?

Wannabe @ Sat Oct 08, 2005 9:27 pm

Ahhh Joe, I was raised elsewhere. The only time I'm considered a redneck is if I wear an olympic Roots scarf and I don't have one... yet. Real rednecks pray for Bush.

Thanks for the welcomes everyone!

canucker @ Sat Oct 08, 2005 10:16 pm

Welcome!! :lol: Great to have more hockey fans here. :D

Hester @ Sat Oct 08, 2005 10:32 pm

Welcome to the site! You'll have to drop by our good friends Robair and usababe, they are very well known and respected members, also from Kentucky!

Two things to know before you visit them:
1. Robair is a Riders fan. GO GREEN!
2. usababe should be a Riders fan.

Call first, and don't mention my name.

Did I mention, "welcome to the site"? Welcome to the site!

ShepherdsDog @ Sat Oct 08, 2005 11:04 pm

How do and welcome to CKA.

$1:
Call first, and don't mention my name.

That's only because his restraining order is still in effect.

I've been to Kentucky a few times. Buh you tee ful countryside and very friendly people.

canadian1971 @ Sun Oct 09, 2005 5:28 am

Wannabe Wannabe:
Hello friends,

The name's Kevin and it's great to visit this wonderful site. I'm a 26 year old American who's been obsessed with your finest country in the world since I was a boy. Perhaps it's the hockey, maybe the progressive society, it could be the beer, or the comedy, even the greater respect for civil liberties, could be the lovely women, no- it's the people. I've too many reasons to love Canada but that's what it all comes down to; her considerate and wonderful people. I hope to be one of you someday and for a while I was a student in Vancouver. My Amercan peers suspect insanity when I visit Toronto on spring breaks. I don't care, I know what's up there.

Hope to make a few new friends here. I'm a music school student who speaks nearly-fluent French and yeah, I listen to Jorane; not afraid to admit it. I've a huge Canadian flag hanging from my front window which has not come down since Bush won re-election. At any rate, instead of listening to a CBC radio stream on the internet with my morning coffee maybe I'll be able to dunk a fresh Timbit and enjoy a DuMaurier someday for good. Pleased to meet you! :)

Peace
Kev

*wipes tear away from eye

Keep that up brother and you'll be quite popular! Welcome.

Perhaps we should create an "Honorary Canadian" Medal....we would have to make you do something quite stupid before we could give it to you though :P

Wannabe @ Sun Oct 09, 2005 6:07 am

[quote="canadian1971"Honorary Canadian" Medal....we would have to make you do something quite stupid before we could give it to you though :P[/quote]

Hmmm... how 'bout if I moved a hockey franchise from Winnipeg to Phoenix? :lol:

bulldawg @ Sun Oct 09, 2005 6:32 am

wanabee, you sound like the long haired hippy freaks that invaded this country during the 60's and 70's to excape the obligation to thier own country. However you are correct in thinking you would fit right in up here,with that liberial mindset, as long as you not living next to me

Wannabe @ Sun Oct 09, 2005 6:51 am

Well, I've looked north ever since I was 10, so I'm not quite certain how politically-influenced my motivation has been. It's just that in light of recent developments the comparison bwtween nations seems much more evident than ever. Don't worry, I'll stay out of your yard; wouldn't want to get shot. If I did, I'd keep going to school here.

The Hoser @ Sun Oct 09, 2005 9:41 am

Wannabe Wannabe:
Well, I've looked north ever since I was 10, so I'm not quite certain how politically-influenced my motivation has been. It's just that in light of recent developments the comparison bwtween nations seems much more evident than ever. Don't worry, I'll stay out of your yard; wouldn't want to get shot. If I did, I'd keep going to school here.

[flag]

$1:
wanabee, you sound like the long haired hippy freaks that invaded this country during the 60's and 70's to excape the obligation to thier own country. However you are correct in thinking you would fit right in up here,with that liberial mindset, as long as you not living next to me

What are you, the human embodiment of 'The Man'?