Canada Kicks Ass
Architecture position in Armed forces ?

Singh613 @ Tue Jan 31, 2017 11:10 am

Hey everyone,

First off I want to say I'm not sure if this sub-category on the forum is the right one for what I'm about to ask, so if I'm wrong I do apologize. Hopefully you can still help a guy out.

I'm a recent architecture graduate who has a deep desire to serve his country but also has a deep passion for architecture. I was wondering if there was a position in the armed forces, navy or airforce that was related to architecture. The closest I could find was the construction engineering officer.

I would also really appreciate some advice on if this career choice would be the best for a recent graduate who is eager to gain experience.

Thanks.

DrCaleb @ Tue Jan 31, 2017 11:21 am

Ahh yea, the Combat Architects. They help out the Combat Urban Planning and Combat Lawn Maintenance guys.

PluggyRug @ Tue Jan 31, 2017 11:31 am

You could probably use your skills to survey the architecture on the battlefield so to identify the best kill zone and placement of snipers.

Robair @ Tue Jan 31, 2017 11:49 am

Singh613 Singh613:
I'm a recent architecture graduate who has a deep desire to serve his country but also has a deep passion for architecture.

That's deep.

All I got, sorry. :lol:

Welcome aboard.

raydan @ Tue Jan 31, 2017 3:44 pm

What country? [huh]

BeaverFever @ Tue Jan 31, 2017 7:14 pm

Pretty sure that CAF doesn't have/need architects but I'm sure there's related field work in construction in the Engineer Corps.

Or for something much more basic but you get to see combat, you could be an Assault Pioneer. Plus you get to have a beard.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assault_pioneer