Canada Kicks Ass
Are you ever teased aboat your Canadian accent?

1  2  3  Next

Walkoot @ Wed Jul 13, 2016 12:00 pm

Just wondering. Most canooks that move south are relentlessly hounded for it (though in a playful way).

ShepherdsDog @ Wed Jul 13, 2016 12:27 pm

Well, to begin with, most Canadians don't speak like that. I've never heard anyone say oot or aboot.

Walkoot @ Wed Jul 13, 2016 12:39 pm

ShepherdsDog ShepherdsDog:
Well, to begin with, most Canadians don't speak like that. I've never heard anyone say oot or aboot.

Uhhhh.. well maybe travel to the U.S for a few years and then come back. Then tell me if you hear a difference.

ShepherdsDog @ Wed Jul 13, 2016 12:51 pm

Doubt it.

llama66 @ Wed Jul 13, 2016 1:15 pm

Actually I've been asked where in the States I'm from. (Born in Van, Raised in S. Ontario...) I get heated out because I say 'eh' from time to time.

Strutz @ Wed Jul 13, 2016 1:25 pm

I remember being in a restaurant in Oregon years ago and having the server remark that she could tell that not only were we Canadian but that we were from the Vancouver area because of our accent.

Then again she might have noticed that the vehicle we got out of in the parking lot had BC plates... :lol:

PluggyRug @ Wed Jul 13, 2016 1:29 pm

Walkoot Walkoot:

Uhhhh.. well maybe travel to the U.S for a few years and then come back. Then tell me if you hear a difference.

Been there, done that, didn't notice much difference.

Mind you I'm a Brit, to me all North America has a funny accent. 8)

Robair @ Wed Jul 13, 2016 1:34 pm

Doubt it.

Worked in KY for four years. After which I could definitely hear it.

I was never teased about it when I was down south, but couldn't believe how pronounced the aboot etc was when I went back home and visited family/friends.

Everybody thinks they sound normal, don't matter where you go.

Walkoot @ Wed Jul 13, 2016 1:50 pm

Robair Robair:
Doubt it.

Worked in KY for four years. After which I could definitely hear it.

I was never teased about it when I was down south, but couldn't believe how pronounced the aboot etc was when I went back home and visited family/friends.

Everybody thinks they sound normal, don't matter where you go.

Had a similar experience myself. It's amazing how much we Ontarions (especially) don't notice it all.

raydan @ Wed Jul 13, 2016 2:21 pm

Another idiot trying to start an "America hates us" thread.

We had a newbie who started the same thread a little while ago... can't remember his name... but he got banned. Must be the same guy. :?

Robair @ Wed Jul 13, 2016 2:40 pm

8O Good grief raydan, you need to get laid or something!

Easy gunner, calm down a bit.

raydan @ Wed Jul 13, 2016 2:45 pm

I'm sure that somebody here will remember who I'm talking about.

Here's a thread from 2014...

jibber-jabber-f9/do-you-hear-your-canadian-accent-t111071.html?hilit=accent

Walkoot @ Wed Jul 13, 2016 2:49 pm

raydan raydan:

That thread is literally two years old. If I was the same person why would I take so long to come back to ''troll''?

raydan @ Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:17 pm

Strange that you both have an "oot" in your user name... coincidence, I think not. 8O

Strutz @ Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:18 pm

Walkoot Walkoot:
raydan raydan:

That thread is literally two years old. If I was the same person why would I take so long to come back to ''troll''?

I remember the person raydan is referring to. LOL, I'd forgotten all about him.

The reason he's suspicious is that we've seen it happen on this site before that someone comes back under a different name yet posts and responds the very same way as they did before, especially those who have a specific agenda. People who have been around here for awhile pick up on it. It's been quite funny a few times actually.

1  2  3  Next