Canada Kicks Ass
Canada Kicks Ass frontpage add underage?

Previous  1  2

DMP08 @ Sun Sep 26, 2004 1:21 pm

What happens when a kid (or anyone for that matter) sees a big read button that says "Don't Push"? They lok around, make sure no one is there, and they push it. Human curiosity and danger seeking. Also, when someone sees a sign that says "Wet Paint", they instinctively touch it to see if the sign is lying or being truthful.

Now guess what would happen if the site had a place in the gallery that said "Mature Audiences Only", I guarentee younger people would flock there just to see what there is.

I am one of the youngest people consistantly on the forum (I am 17 years old). I have been on this site (both registered for the past almost 2 years, and like 2 years prior) for about 4 years now. How do you plan to moniter what users can and can't enter a mature section. And besides, what is on this site, is no more sexual that your child going to the magazine rack and picking up a Maxim or Stuff magazine. Both of which are sold to minors of any age. If I were forced to join a youth only forum, I'd die. Topics like "Pokemon" and "which power ranger would win in a fight".

Canada is, after all, a country based on people's freedom to watch, see and say whatever they'd like.

Rev_Blair @ Sun Sep 26, 2004 2:33 pm

Ah, you're at that awkward age, DMP. Cover your ears and eyes 'cause I'm about to go into one of those old fogey rants about being your age.

Okay, actually I won't because I have my teeth in and had a pretty good time when I was your age...sex couldn't kill and The Clash were getting airplay....or maybe it was (god help us) Martha and the Muffins getting the airplay. Things are blurry because drugs and booze were free back then, people just gave them to you. And policemen were your friends....You could walk up to a cop with a beer and a joint and ask him for directions. And our parents were cool. And the government didn't suck. And all the cars worked perfectly and went really fast, just like the the girls.

Damn...I went on an old fogey rant without taking my teeth out. I'm pretty sure the cops will be here soon. I'll be charged with Generational Promotion with the Aid of Dentures. They'll haul me off in chains...again.

The Clash never got airplay in Regina...getting Martha and her Muffin singing Echo beach on the radio was a major triumph. Drugs and booze were everywhere, but they certainly weren't free. The police...and this will always be important...will never be your friends. My parents still aren't cool. The government has always sucked. Cars never work and girls aren't fast or slow, just choosey.

Welcome to adulthood, DMP. It's much like childhood, but you have to be able to sign your name.

Ralph @ Sun Sep 26, 2004 3:55 pm

I brought this point about the advertising and the young people in my house seeing it as they went by the computer a while ago.
I love to see beautiful women but many others don’t and shouldn’t have to.
More to the subject No I think that this girl looks old enough to be doing this kind of thing.

DMP08 @ Sun Sep 26, 2004 4:14 pm

Rev_Blair Rev_Blair:
The Clash were getting airplay....or maybe it was (god help us) Martha and the Muffins getting the airplay. Things are blurry because drugs and booze...
Welcome to adulthood, DMP. It's much like childhood, but you have to be able to sign your name.

Thanks for the welcome :lol: who is "Martha and the Muffins" you speak of and playing on this "Radio" thing. I guess its cause you were around WAY prior to the TV eh? :lol: :lol: :lol:
I am proud to say however, I have never done drugs. Drinking involves sitting round a campfire bullsh*tting and sipping a beer. Sounds like you had a more exciting childhood than mine, although I have no complaints.

Rev_Blair @ Sun Sep 26, 2004 5:03 pm

I did have an exciting childhood. They could make a movie about it, but nobody would believe it...except everybody else my age. Radio was more important to us than TV. Every car had a radio, but TVs were something bought and paid for (and controlled) by parents.

figfarmer @ Sun Sep 26, 2004 5:08 pm

I don't have a problem with that, but some of the pics I have seen posted, not only are the women under dressed, some of them are ugly and muscular. Bletch.

Previous  1  2