Canada Kicks Ass
CBC = Forked Tongue

Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6

karra @ Sun May 16, 2004 1:48 pm

$1:
When was the last time your beloved right-wing press offered a retraction for allowing their biases to slip into what was supposed to be a hard news story, Karra?

Unlike your good self, my good self is only slighty to the right of center - so slightly in fact it would be difficult at best to slide a single piece of tp between my good self standing ever so slightly to the right (of center).

Your good self however is so far to the left of center even Karl Marx would have difficulty blowing kisses to you.

But I digress, please provide 6 examples of right wing media bias. Ta very much indeed.

Rev_Blair @ Sun May 16, 2004 1:53 pm

Give me a break, Karra. You support the positions of the radically insane far right almost exclusively. Or have you been lying to us in the few posts you've made that were decipherable?

karra @ Sun May 16, 2004 4:55 pm

Shirly you jest - do you really mean moi when you state what you state - or do you have me confused with someone not at all like my good self? Huh? Are you confused?

Me? Lie? Definitely you are confused but then that doesn't come as a surprise. A quick reading of your last few postings indicates a need to obfuscate and commit the heinous if not specious crimes of flummery and puffery - of which you have quickly gained a reputation at most of the boards where you bore.

QBC @ Sun May 16, 2004 6:44 pm

I'm sorry Karra, but I'm a little right of centre and I bet I couldn't find a single major league baseball player that could drive a ball as far out in right field as you are.

karra @ Wed May 19, 2004 6:35 pm

Anyone who has had the misfortune to observe Jeannie Lee during the oh so boring, stilted and biased Newsworld reports must shirly be wondering how on earth this woman got that job - in fact any job at the Corpse.

For the past two weeks she has not been able to complete a sentence without flubbing a word or three and this in spite of a teleprompter.

Tisk tisk and good for the Corpse as it continues to show the world that it is, has been and always will be a place for those who can't succeed in the real world.

Then again, she is a step up from than the Mothercorpse wanker who laughed during live coverage of the Swiss Air crash - this while being fed to CNN causing major embarrassment to proper Canadians the world over.

xerxes @ Thu May 20, 2004 2:11 pm

Karra do you, by chance, like anything? It seems that wherever you post, you're pissing on everything like a Chihuahua with one kidney.

And who gives a crap if someone flubs their lines once in a while? Who here actually cares about business news? You want to now how the markets did today? Flip a coin. Head, the markets were up today. Tails they were down.

You need to stop reading th National Post so mcuh Karra and start reading a real newspaper like the Globe and Mail or the Toronto Star.

Zenfisher @ Fri May 21, 2004 12:57 am

Who's ...shirly ? I never thought ...tsk ...had an I in it.
Criticism is easy, because nothing is perfect.

karra @ Fri May 21, 2004 2:38 pm

$1:
. . .once in a while?

Interesting interpretation. . . do you really mean that re. . .

$1:
For the past two weeks she has not been able to complete a sentence without flubbing a word or three and this in spite of a teleprompter.

Interesting - no comments re Mark Kelly laughing his ass off during his live reporting and world wide coverage of the downed Swiss Air passenger jet.

Just a couple of inane comments from what would appear to be a couple of Corpse lurvers. . .

karra @ Fri May 21, 2004 4:58 pm

After the colossal failure of Rodent Man aka Mike Dullard by CTV & the Graspers et al . . . . this message is considered fair warning to all who have or think they have even the smallest tiniest concept of what funny is . . .

Rumors abound that the next non-funny, totally insufferable and narcissistic comedy routine of one is. . . . <drum roll svp>

Yup, you guessed it. . . .

The man who would replace the former unfunny Canadian (assuming there is a funny one somewhere) . . .

[align=center]Ralph Benmurgi[/align]

The man who has never seen a funnier person other than the one that continues to stare back at him from his mirror.

Hosted by? Well, you know - the Corpse of course.

Paid for? Well, you know - by you.

karra @ Sat Jul 31, 2004 9:36 am

Just another international embarassment as the CBC shows Canada up for what we really are . . . . .

$1:
Not everything coming up roses at CBC this summer

By WILLIAM HOUSTON
Saturday, July 31, 2004 - Page S6

It has been a productive summer at the CBC.

The network outbid TSN for exclusive rights to curling. Nancy Lee, the head of CBC Sports, was able to reach a deal with Don Cherry.

And, in a few days, the corporation will wrap itself in the Olympic flag and begin its coverage of the Athens Games. Executives say sales projections are right on target.

That's the official story, anyway. But there's another, and it isn't nearly as bright.

The CBC, according to a well-placed source, is several million dollars below its original Olympic advertising target. A revised sales projection made that problem go away, but nobody at the network is talking about the Games posting a profit.

Then there's the curling contract. TSN is out as a carrier. Prime-time games will be aired on CBC Country Canada, a digital channel that reaches about 5 per cent of Canada's total TV audience.

Advertisers are upset and potential sponsors are backing off.

The CBC will lose money on that deal, too, according to sources, although the network is quick to point out that curling fits into its mandate to air amateur sports.

But the curling problem extends beyond the bottom line. It has become a public-relations disaster for the CBC. Fans are ridiculing the quality of the broadcasts. "The CBC's telecasts have always been horrible," wrote one visitor to KeepCurlingOnTSN.com. The on-line poll has received well over 2,000 signatures.

Never mind. The CBC can hang its hat on the good news about Cherry.

The immensely popular Hockey Night in Canada commentator is back for another season (if there is one).

But Cherry brings with him plenty of baggage. Despite his following, the public is split about 50-50 on him, according to polls.

We haven't seen him show some contrition after almost losing his job last winter over remarks about Europeans and "French guys." He appeared on The Fan radio station two weeks ago and didn't waste an opportunity to knock Vincent Lecavalier, whose sole offence is to be a French-Canadian hockey player. Asked about the addition of Lecavalier to Canada's World Cup team, Cherry suggested he was selected because of a French-Canadian "quota." Never mind that Lecavalier is one of Canada's best young players and is a linemate of Canadian team member Martin St. Louis.

It was a cheap shot, but that's what Quebeckers are used to hearing from Cherry, a guy who is paid big dollars by a network that is subsidized by French-Canadian as well as English-Canadian tax dollars.

Lee felt she had no choice but to re-sign him. If not, the mob might have stormed the Canadian Broadcasting Centre or barricaded the arenas. Two of Cherry's biggest cheerleaders, Brian Williams and Ron MacLean, also happen to be high-profile personalities at the network.

Hold the presses

Consider this strange little scenario. On Thursday morning, the Toronto Star reported that the CBC's unsigned Hockey Night in Canada commentators had agreed to contracts, save one, Glenn Healy. Apparently, the story sent the CBC's sports department into a tizzy. It scrambled to write a release confirming the newspaper's report that Cherry, Harry Neale, Greg Millen, Bob Cole, the whole gang, were back. (Cherry had agreed to a contract two weeks earlier; Neale, a week earlier.) The release was rushed out late Thursday afternoon.

Millen's reaction?

"I have not signed a contract with the CBC," he said yesterday.

He refused to elaborate, but called back late yesterday afternoon to say an agreement had been reached with the CBC, but that it had not been signed.

Sources say Millen was unhappy with the initial one-year offer, and may have held out for two years. The CBC has been signing its hockey talent to contracts on the condition they will not get paid if the National Hockey League is shut down by a labour dispute. The contracts are also one-year deals. That means they will end in June, 2005, season or no season, and with no extension.

So, Hockey Night's three old-timers, Cherry, Cole and Neale, may not see a minute of work in the coming season and may not receive a dime. When the season is over, so is their contract, with no assurance they will be re-signed.

"The deals with Neale, Cole and Cherry are strictly stop-gap measures to get the CBC through the World Cup and a shortened NHL season," a source said.

Mojo gender bender

Mojo Radio in Toronto, the guys' station, is making a change. But J.J. Johnston, the station's general manager, stops short of calling it a format flip. He says there be an increased emphasis on news and information, the sort of content that will appeal to women as well as men. There will be at least one addition to the station's lineup of hosts. "We're constantly evolving this product," he said.

Mind you, it's just tax dollar revenue - and there's lots of that to be had from a citizenry with ever deep pockets. . . . .

Link

Rev_Blair @ Sat Jul 31, 2004 11:08 am

:roll:

Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6