Canada Kicks Ass
Celebrities accounts are getting hacked again

1  2  Next

Jack_Styner @ Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:16 am

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/03 ... le-online/

According to this, Emma watson's account was hacked and photos were stolen. No intimate photos stolen though. Celebrity accounts keep getting hacked and their photos stolen

DrCaleb @ Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:39 am

Jack_Styner Jack_Styner:
Celebrity accounts keep getting hacked and their photos stolen

... because they are idiots and put intimate photos of themselves in a publicly accessible place.

Sorry, no sympathy for fools here.

Jack_Styner @ Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:44 am

maybe they want them to be leaked to appear in the news more. Any kind of publicity is good publicity :D

DrCaleb @ Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:50 am

Definitely a possibility. Still, I have the same regard for 'celebrity' that I do for everyone else - as in they are no more important than the rest of us. Their possibly attempted hack to gain my sympathy is lost on me. ;)

My job is data security, so the stakes for me are greater than a couple lingerie photos of someone I don't really care about when they aren't entertaining me.

Tricks @ Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:46 pm

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
Jack_Styner Jack_Styner:
Celebrity accounts keep getting hacked and their photos stolen

... because they are idiots and put intimate photos of themselves in a publicly accessible place.

Sorry, no sympathy for fools here.

And because they either A) make shitty passwords or B) fall for spear phishing attacks.

Either one makes you pretty dumb.

housewife @ Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:18 pm

I'm still trying to figure out why anyone cares what celebrities are doing irl. If they are stupid enough to not protect their stuff who cares

Lemmy @ Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:25 pm

!

housewife @ Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:12 pm

Ok criminal behaviour is bad. Still doesn't explain why some people are so interested in what celebrities do

Thanos @ Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:28 pm

Not taking these endless selfies when they absolutely know the various storage clouds are so susceptible to being hacked would be a solution. The criminal is still wrong when they break your car window to get at a stack of $100 bills you left on the dashboard but you were still pretty fucking stupid to leave the stack of bills open to view like that in the first place. This being too difficult to understand is just another facet of a society that's getting far too unwise for it's own good. Most of us figured this out as kids when someone who didn't put their bike in the garage or shed at night had it stolen. Guess it's just too complex an idea now for such an increasingly stupid population. :|

Public_Domain @ Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:35 pm

Speaking of celebrities, instagram just told me one of my passwords was found to have been leaked in a site hack somewhere down the line.

Checked out haveibeenpwned.com, and I got leaked with Tumblr, LinkedIn, Snapchat, and Nexus Mods hacks 8O

DrCaleb @ Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:32 am

housewife housewife:
Ok criminal behaviour is bad. Still doesn't explain why some people are so interested in what celebrities do

People have been trying to figure that our for a long time. [huh]

I don't get it either.

Public_Domain Public_Domain:
Checked out haveibeenpwned.com, and I got leaked with Tumblr, LinkedIn, Snapchat, and Nexus Mods hacks 8O

My password has always been *********. Too bad you couldn't use that as an actual password. :lol:

I use a different password for each site. Saves that from happening to me.

Jack_Styner @ Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:39 am

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
housewife housewife:

People have been trying to figure that our for a long time. [huh]

I don't get it either.

Public_Domain Public_Domain:

My password has always been *********. Too bad you couldn't use that as an actual password. :lol:

Would you recommend using a password manager? It's difficult to keep track of all passwords of my accounts

DrCaleb @ Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:05 am

Jack_Styner Jack_Styner:
DrCaleb DrCaleb:

Would you recommend using a password manager? It's difficult to keep track of all passwords of my accounts

I use KeePass at work, because ours are randomly generated. I don't use one at home, because my password choices are obvious to me. They range from '{password*}@site' to the serial numbers of cars I've owned, to decimal places for physical constants, depending on the level of security I think it should have.

{password*} for me can range from old movie titles, to nursery rhymes. ;)

BartSimpson @ Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:57 am

housewife housewife:

I've never quite figured out the psychological aspects of fan obsession. I just don't get why someone would go crazy over the public persona of a private person.

PluggyRug @ Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:08 am

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
housewife housewife:

I've never quite figured out the psychological aspects of fan obsession. I just don't get why someone would go crazy over the public persona of a private person.

Same as the idiots who stop to take pictures of a highway accident causing traffic jams. People live such empty lives, following a celeb's life is all they're capable of.

1  2  Next