Canada Kicks Ass
Country music.

Previous  1 ... 5  6  7  8  9  10  Next

Zipperfish @ Wed May 27, 2015 11:30 am

Thanos Thanos:
Got that right. All these cowbros wearing their ballcaps backwards are so awful they make the worst of Garth Brooks' maudlin pap from the early 1990's look like Hank Williams in comparison. Contention: if it's designed to appeal almost entirely to drunk 20-somethings that hang out at 'country' bars in the city then it really ain't country.

It's become a parody of itself. Just like Warrant or Poison, before Metallica showed up and mopped the floor with the lot of them. There was a suden rude hiss as the record needle was dragged across "Every Rose Has Its Thorn" followed by the duclet tones of Ride The Lightning.

Yay and the scales felleth from their eyes and they all sayethed, "We've been listening to shit for the last five years."

Thanos @ Wed May 27, 2015 11:34 am

Certain crimes against music are worthy of the death penalty. 80's-brand Los Angeles 'metal', bro country, and the current autotuned pop scene are the leading contenders for being strapped to a gurney to get a needle in the arm.

ShepherdsDog @ Wed May 27, 2015 11:34 am

Zipperfish Zipperfish:
Lemmy Lemmy:
My mom came to Canada from Scotland in the mid 60s. A stranger in a strange land. She said that when she first heard country music she was pretty sure she must have died and gone to hell.

That's saying something coming from the country that invented bagpipes.

it was the Paddies that tricked us into them.

Thanos @ Wed May 27, 2015 11:45 am

Never diss the pipes. They've got too long a history of literally scaring the crap out of all sorts of pommies, sassenachs, frogs, wogs, blackamoors, and krauts all over the world. :twisted:

Zipperfish @ Wed May 27, 2015 11:51 am

Thanos Thanos:
Never diss the pipes. They've got too long a history of literally scaring the crap out of all sorts of pommies, sassenachs, frogs, wogs, blackamoors, and krauts all over the world. :twisted:

I used to be in a Celtic band remember. I played many Highland Festivals. One of them had a thoozand peepers, I mean a thousand pipers. I heard the bagpipe drone in my head for a full three days after that one.

Playing so many Scottish festivals gave me time to wonder why the Scots were such a singularly ugly people. Then it struck me that my northern English ancestors would probably run up and carry off all the pretty ones routinely, and, by Darwinian selection, over unntold generations the English became a world dominating, brilliant, beautiful people while the Scots were ugly bagpipe-playing alcoholic sheep buggerers. No offence.

Thanos @ Fri Jan 01, 2016 2:11 am

Tyler_1 @ Fri Jan 01, 2016 11:02 am

Tyler_1 @ Thu Jun 09, 2016 7:43 am

Thanos @ Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:17 pm

Bump. RIP Glen Campbell, 81, lost him to Alzheimer's today. :(

Strutz @ Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:23 pm

I was just about to post about his passing as I just heard about it on the news.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/entertainment/glen-campbell-rhinestone-cowboy-obit-1.4239339

RIP Glen :(

martin14 @ Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:57 pm

Strutz Strutz:
I was just about to post about his passing as I just heard about it on the news.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/entertainment/glen-campbell-rhinestone-cowboy-obit-1.4239339

RIP Glen :(

:(

housewife @ Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:28 pm

Sad RIP

Thanos @ Sat Aug 26, 2017 12:42 am

:|

Tyler_1 @ Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:44 pm

Because laundry.
Step one wash it out
Step two dry it out
Step three go on repeat
Forever. XD

[video][/video]

PluggyRug @ Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:53 pm

Country music is the reason I put Metallica etc on a USB stick when driving through the Virginia's.

Previous  1 ... 5  6  7  8  9  10  Next