Canada Kicks Ass
FUDDLE DUDDLE II

1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

Yogi @ Sun Mar 30, 2014 10:33 pm

And I'm willing to bet any amount of $$$ that if it were Harper or Mulcair that all the Libs would be throwing there fists in the air screaming "RIGHT ON STEVIE. (Tommy) Yur SO COOL"! No doubt about it now, JT has the election in the bag. Just picture him up on stage when he wins. Joint in one hand, mic in the other, speaking slowly, gravelly, as he exhales a cloud of blue smoke, "Fuckin eh. This bud's for you Pop"!

http://blogs.ottawacitizen.com/2014/03/ ... ity-event/

Public_Domain @ Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:17 pm

It's probably going to be a pretty impressive (in a technical sense) landslide.

I really doubt it'll be an interesting administration.

martin14 @ Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:54 pm

Yogi Yogi:
And I'm willing to bet any amount of $$$ that if it were Harper or Mulcair that all the Libs would be throwing there fists in the air screaming "RIGHT ON STEVIE. (Tommy) Yur SO COOL"! No doubt about it now, JT has the election in the bag. Just picture him up on stage when he wins. Joint in one hand, mic in the other, speaking slowly, gravelly, as he exhales a cloud of blue smoke, "Fuckin eh. This bud's for you Pop"!

http://blogs.ottawacitizen.com/2014/03/ ... ity-event/

The Cons never had this election so easy.
If they can get the housing bubble under control, things will be fine.
Lil Justin is going to give them a gimme.

Or at least let it pop after Justine gets elected, and let him eat the shit for it. :lol:

Jabberwalker @ Mon Mar 31, 2014 4:09 am

It doesn't seem to do Rob Ford any harm to act like that.

bootlegga @ Mon Mar 31, 2014 5:13 am

Seriously unimpressive - a leader can swear like sailors behind closed doors, but when in public, they should have a little class. JT just seems to give people reasons NOT to vote for him, although it wouldn't surprise me if this gives him cred with some younger (and dumber) voters.

ShepherdsDog @ Mon Mar 31, 2014 5:57 am

Trudeau has the intellectual depth of a piece of vellum.....we`re really screwed when it comes to political choices..... Squidward or Spongebob

DrCaleb @ Mon Mar 31, 2014 6:55 am

Anyone else see the absurdity that he's speaking from a ring where people will beat the tar out of each other, and people are offended he's swearing? What's next, male nipples?

Regina @ Mon Mar 31, 2014 7:02 am

The election is decided by the time the polls close in the Muskokas. Doesn't matter what we think in the rest of the country. :?

martin14 @ Mon Mar 31, 2014 7:21 am

Regina Regina:
The election is decided by the time the polls close in the Muskokas. Doesn't matter what we think in the rest of the country. :?

I think the Liberals are going to be in for a big shock, unless

they put Justine on ice until a week before the election, then not let him speak. :lol:

OnTheIce @ Mon Mar 31, 2014 7:27 am

bootlegga bootlegga:
Seriously unimpressive - a leader can swear like sailors behind closed doors, but when in public, they should have a little class. JT just seems to give people reasons NOT to vote for him, although it wouldn't surprise me if this gives him cred with some younger (and dumber) voters.

Considering the vast majority of Canadian voters are dumb, perhaps JT doesn't have much to worry about. :lol:

Public_Domain @ Mon Mar 31, 2014 7:33 am

What makes the vast majority of VOTERS dumb? Most people throw the "dumb" thing at those who don't even bother to vote. Is the country 95% stupid? I'm curious.

Thanos @ Mon Mar 31, 2014 7:34 am

:mrgreen:

OnTheIce @ Mon Mar 31, 2014 7:44 am

Public_Domain Public_Domain:
What makes the vast majority of VOTERS dumb? Most people throw the "dumb" thing at those who don't even bother to vote. Is the country 95% stupid? I'm curious.

People often choose their candidate for one of two reasons:

1. Their family votes for this guy/girl, so I will too.

2. They're basing their vote based on a little tidbit of information, perhaps a clip on the TV or radio without knowing anything about the candidate. A 10 second clip changes their perception and that's enough.

We take democracy for granted in Canada. Having worked on campaigns since I was 9 years old, I was continually amazed at the crap I heard from people at the door and at the polls as a scrutineers. FWIW, this is true for supporters of all parties.

The vast majority of Canadians don't think like us. They rarely know much about the person they're voting for and frankly, they don't care to dig that deep.

As I've always said, elections are won and lost one clip/headline or sound byte at a time. Canadians are just too lazy to look into the people who are running for election which makes them 'dumb' voters.

andyt @ Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:20 am

So that means Harper won by clips and sound bites and maybe next election JT will do the same thing.

Not quite that simple tho. People have an instinctive understanding how the country is doing. Governments defeat themselves by fucking up or just getting tired and old. People know that the diff between the contenders isn't as huge as they want you to think. The cons will still spend lots of govt money, including on themselves. The Libs will still cut social programs if they think that will keep them in power, and still spend lots of money including on themselves. So it's things like all the scandals, while financially a drop in the bucket that would sink this govt. That and an economic downturn. Or just a feeling that it's time to change. As the saying goes, govts are like diapers... and there's truth in that. Don't let any party have the keys to the treasury too long.

OnTheIce @ Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:36 am

andyt andyt:
So that means Harper won by clips and sound bites and maybe next election JT will do the same thing.

Not quite that simple tho. People have an instinctive understanding how the country is doing. Governments defeat themselves by fucking up or just getting tired and old. People know that the diff between the contenders isn't as huge as they want you to think. The cons will still spend lots of govt money, including on themselves. The Libs will still cut social programs if they think that will keep them in power, and still spend lots of money including on themselves. So it's things like all the scandals, while financially a drop in the bucket that would sink this govt. That and an economic downturn. Or just a feeling that it's time to change. As the saying goes, govts are like diapers... and there's truth in that. Don't let any party have the keys to the treasury too long.

Yes, every politician wins this way.

It's exactly the reason the CPC uses the tactic to define the leader of the Liberal party. While it maybe tacky, using clips of Dion and Ignatieff sunk them.

JT is a prime candidate to win the election. He's light on substance but he looks pretty and speaks well. If people could prevent him from talking and making an ass of himself, he'd be a shoe-in as PM.

1  2  3  4  5  6  Next