Canada Kicks Ass
Fun times in Berkeley

1  2  Next

BartSimpson @ Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:01 am

I went to Berkeley last night and had a fun time with my friends. We met up in Emeryville and walked into town and there were some crowds but unlike last week the police were out in force and the FBI was also present. Seems that after last week someone filed a civil rights complaint because the Berkeley PD refused to protect the conservatives...who were attacked by the antifa retards who ended up losing what's now called 'The Battle of Berkeley'.

Straight up; I went there looking to beat the shit out of someone.

But that's not what happened. :idea:

The media is not reporting it this way but the surprise of the evening was how many clearly liberal people came out to prevent the antifa jerks from starting anything.

My group of eight was joined by about twenty younger people and they said that what happened last week with antifa trying to shut down free speech was wrong. They didn't agree with our point of view but they were quite clearly committed to helping us assert it.

As our group moved up to the campus neighborhood we were joined by maybe another thirty or so liberal types. At University & MLK there was a small group of antifa with their masks on and one of them threw a garbage can at a shop window (but was too big a pussy to break the window). The liberals on the periphery of our group grabbed the asshole and handed him off to the police who arrested the asshole.

The cops then went after the rest of the antifa jerks and told them to remove their masks and etc. or else they'd be arrested. The masks came off and once the assholes lost their anonymity they also lost their nerve and they dispersed.

For our group that was the end of the excitement for the evening. After that we mostly stood around and talked and, no shit, shared a bunch of Pepsis!

We broke it off at around 9pm and my group and around ten of the liberal folks got together at the Chevy's restaurant in Emeryville, had dinner and a beer, shook hands, hugged, and parted as new friends.

In all I am deeply and pleasantly surprised at the outcome of the evening and I am heartened that there are some on the left side of the spectrum who don't buy into this bullshit of censoring speech that they don't like.

- Bart

Thanos @ Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:07 am

Too bad the Coulter gig got scrubbed because if it had gone ahead then things would have been a fuck ton more lively for you.

DrCaleb @ Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:11 am

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
The media is not reporting it this way but the surprise of the evening was how many clearly liberal people came out to prevent the antifa jerks from starting anything.

. . .

In all I am deeply and pleasantly surprised at the outcome of the evening and I am heartened that there are some on the left side of the spectrum who don't buy into this bullshit of censoring speech that they don't like.

- Bart

Truthfully Bartman, I'm not surprised. It's the extremes of both right and left that are the problem. Like I've always said, people are generally good and compassionate. Look at any story of a person who was an extremist and changed themselves back into a 'regular' person, and the change is always catalyzed by the addition of 'compassion'.

Except Lawyers. They still suck. ;)

BartSimpson @ Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:25 am

[B-o]

N_Fiddledog @ Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:42 am

[B-o]

Did you get to hear Lauren Southern and Gavin McInnes give Anne's speech?

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/201 ... ee-speech/

It's good it was friendly. Makes you think though. The way you describe it wasn't just the "Right" that was having it's right to speak taken away by the violent Marxist fringe lurking behind the wailing wall of snowflakes. Sounds like there were those on the forgotten Liberal side of the left who were relieved to be allowed to finally get their word out.

xerxes @ Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:28 am

Good to hear you had a good night Bartman, and for unexpected yet enlightening reasons as well.

BartSimpson @ Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:32 am

xerxes xerxes:
Good to hear you had a good night Bartman, and for unexpected yet enlightening reasons as well.

Thanks, it's nice to be surprised in a positive way. :wink:

Public_Domain @ Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:45 pm

$1:
They didn't agree with our point of view but they were quite clearly committed to helping us assert it.

"liberals get the bullet too"

N_Fiddledog @ Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:19 pm

Public_Domain Public_Domain:
$1:
They didn't agree with our point of view but they were quite clearly committed to helping us assert it.

"liberals get the bullet too"

Gonna be hard to deliver this "bullet", when all we're seeing now that people have decided not to take it anymore, is their black-clad butts disappearing over the horizon.

"Bye-bye, Anarcho-wienies. It was a hoot, but you're getting boring."

BartSimpson @ Fri Apr 28, 2017 3:04 pm

Concur. The Berkeley liberals who live in the town were fed up with the antics of the hygiene-impaired crowd that mostly drove in from all over the West Coast to bust up their town.

Thanos @ Fri Apr 28, 2017 3:11 pm

Street justice is too inaccurate to be reliable. It needs the stamp of a state-approved process to be truly just. A quick appearance before the designated authoritative tribunal is usually enough to establish guilt and an equally quick processing in the public square can happen immediately after. Let Sweet Lady G. sing out her joyous song of ultimate justice for tyrants and parasites alike to echo across the centuries. :twisted:

BRAH @ Fri Apr 28, 2017 3:37 pm

Great as Ann Coulter is she's no Milo.

N_Fiddledog @ Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:34 pm

Public_Domain @ Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:51 pm

Thanos Thanos:
Street justice is too inaccurate to be reliable. It needs the stamp of a state-approved process to be truly just. A quick appearance before the designated authoritative tribunal is usually enough to establish guilt and an equally quick processing in the public square can happen immediately after. Let Sweet Lady G. sing out her joyous song of ultimate justice for tyrants and parasites alike to echo across the centuries. :twisted:

i've long felt if the communist parties in canada would come out with a "we'll drag the ceos of google out into the streets and behead them in a youtube video" plaform they'd have a lot more success

JaredMilne @ Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:58 am

BartSimpson BartSimpson:

For our group that was the end of the excitement for the evening. After that we mostly stood around and talked and, no shit, shared a bunch of Pepsis!

We broke it off at around 9pm and my group and around ten of the liberal folks got together at the Chevy's restaurant in Emeryville, had dinner and a beer, shook hands, hugged, and parted as new friends.

- Bart

Really glad to hear things turned out the way they did, Bart.

There are a few interesting things I've seen in all this-the more reasonable progressives who are criticizing the hardcore leftists, the way some of these idiots are turning on each other (I've mentioned this a few time before, but Richard Gwyn was chronicling this nearly 25 years ago in his book Nationalism Without Walls: The Unbearable Lightness Of Being Canadian), and the way the growing frustration among different activist groups like BLM is mirrored by the growing frustration among people in "flyover country" who supported Donald Trump.

Which leads me to wonder-how do we get past this, and build something that actually addresses the mutual frustrations of the different groups over the long term?

1  2  Next