Canada Kicks Ass
Happy Halloween!

1  2  Next

canucker @ Sat Oct 29, 2005 5:54 pm

Are you dressing up this Halloween? And if so, what as?

Jaime_Souviens @ Sat Oct 29, 2005 6:01 pm

I already did.

I hope you all appreciate the holiday attire.

canucker @ Sat Oct 29, 2005 6:04 pm

ShepherdsDog @ Sat Oct 29, 2005 6:23 pm

Halloween can be a touchy event here, as the Chinese are EXTREMELY superstitious. They are constantly burning Ghost money to keep Grandma in heaven and not rattling the pots at 3 AM. About four years ago there was an ad for movie about ghosts, on the Taipei MRT, and they had to take it down because riders were getting freaked out and occassionally hysterical. It was just a picture of a woman in traditional garb with fish belly white skin sitting between two riders on the subway. :roll:

My favourite Halloween incident there was in 1997, we had a big Halloween Party for the foreign community in Kaohsiung. I went as Death, latex skull mask, tattered flowing black robes, hood/cowl, platform shoes (I'm already 6' 2") and a big freaking sickle. Some of us who lived close by walked rather than drive. I had people crossing the street half a block up before they crossed my path. Old people were running into their homes and locking their doors and drawing their curtains. Never my the fact that I had my eldest son, who was 2 1/2 yrs old at the time, in tow dressed up as UltraMan. My wife video taped it from a distance and I still howl when I see it.

Jaime_Souviens @ Sat Oct 29, 2005 7:49 pm

This is me practicing for Monday.

IkeaMan @ Sat Oct 29, 2005 8:08 pm

I'll be dressed for halloween alright....answering the door bell everytime it rings....handing out treats to the tricker or treaters!

canucker @ Sat Oct 29, 2005 9:45 pm

Constantinople @ Sat Oct 29, 2005 9:47 pm

My how Hallowed Eve has changed.

canucker @ Sat Oct 29, 2005 9:48 pm

I'll just be doing what Ikeaman is doing... handing out candy.

Constantinople @ Sat Oct 29, 2005 10:40 pm

I might feel the need to buy some candy for the youth if my house was not so far removed from civilization.

IkeaMan @ Sun Oct 30, 2005 12:05 pm

then again....as I did in previous years...I scared most of the kids and parents away because I sat on my rocking chair dressed as Jason the Terrible....had lots of candy left over!

Erinites @ Sun Oct 30, 2005 12:23 pm

And I will be BOB

Bitch On Broom...

8)

cdncutie @ Sun Oct 30, 2005 12:27 pm

I am dressing up for work....we're going with an 80s theme and I found a purple suit...so you figure it out. :wink:

As for halloween night...I think I'll dress up my pup and hand out candy. :lol:

Blue_Nose @ Sun Oct 30, 2005 12:43 pm

Dressed up as a train engineer for the party last night...

I missed carving a pumpkin this year... I might get one today.

Hester @ Sun Oct 30, 2005 12:45 pm

We're getting some pumpkins today, gonna carve 'em up. I don't know what to be for tomorrow, I'll probably be walking the streets with a couple of kids - collecting candy of course. Do the adults get beer at each house anymore? Slice of pizza?

1  2  Next