Canada Kicks Ass
Haven't Been On Here for a While

Newfy @ Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:01 am

Hi all, I haven't been on for a while but life's been very hectic recently. I'm being made redundant from the army and I'm now in my final month before my discharge in December. Just celebrated my last Remembrance as a serving soldier and de kitted on Friday. A bit apprehensive about the future now.

bootlegga @ Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:03 am

That sucks! Good luck in whatever you do next.

DrCaleb @ Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:10 am

Welcome back! [B-o]

Good luck on the new career! Hopefully things work out.

BartSimpson @ Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:15 am

Newfy Newfy:
Hi all, I haven't been on for a while but life's been very hectic recently. I'm being made redundant from the army and I'm now in my final month before my discharge in December. Just celebrated my last Remembrance as a serving soldier and de kitted on Friday. A bit apprehensive about the future now.

Welcome back to the real world, Citizen! [B-o]

And thank you for your service! [B-o]

Hyack @ Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:55 am

Welcome back [BB]

ShepherdsDog @ Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:05 pm

Are you being booted a few months shy of pension eligibility like so many here are? MPs are looking for ways to cut expenses, so they can give themselves another raise and expand on their benefits

Regina @ Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:24 pm

Welcome back. Nice to see you again.

Jabberwalker @ Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:34 pm

Newfy Newfy:

Are you going to go back home to "The Rock" or move to "Upper Canada"?
... or Alberta with the other half of Newfoundland/Labrador?

Regina @ Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:08 pm

Jabberwalker Jabberwalker:
Newfy Newfy:

He's in the UK.

Jabberwalker @ Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:20 pm

Regina Regina:
Newfy Newfy:

He's in the UK.

... called "Newfy"?

ShepherdsDog @ Tue Nov 12, 2013 3:27 pm

Canadians serve in the British and American military both

Newfy @ Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:41 pm

Regina Regina:

He's in the UK.

... called "Newfy"?

I was born in Newfoundland and grew up in Ontario before moving to the UK with my family in 1998.

Newfy @ Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:47 pm

ShepherdsDog ShepherdsDog:
Are you being booted a few months shy of pension eligibility like so many here are? MPs are looking for ways to cut expenses, so they can give themselves another raise and expand on their benefits

Not exactly. The government has decided it wants to "downsize" the military. I've been cut as part of the 3rd tranche of 4. Funny thing is they want to double the size of the reserve forces and guess who they're trying to recruit for that!

We have to serve 12 years to get half pension and 22 years for full pension. I've served 13 years.